Remove Advertisements

Hand of Reckoning macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Hand of Reckoning macro

Postby kysu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 am

Basically I use grid and an old mouseover macro for Righteous Defense, so all I need to do is hover over grid (person with aggro) and hit RD, tada ez taunt. It's mostly used for aoe pulls when I am not likely to see which mob is running from me so that usually works best/quickest.

Well I wanted to know if there is a way to make reckoning do the same thing. I just want to be able to use grid to taunt off a person rather then select the specific mob. But I also want the taunt to work the same way it normally does.

If you have idea's I'd appreciate the help.
kysu

Re: Hand of Reckoning macro

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:30 am

Unfortunately Hand of Reckoning only works from targetting a mob; you could use target of target, but that would only work if the person targetted the mob that was attacking them, which is usually not the case. There's no way to use a players frame to target the mob that is targetting them, rather than that they are targetting. It only works for RD because RD targets players, not mobs.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby kysu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 am

Ye I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, didn't know if someone had figured out a way to "cheat" it to work. O well ty for quick reply.
kysu

Postby isiz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:54 pm

There are unitframe mods that show you the various targets of your party. In my experience people are usually targeting the thing that happens to be attacking them so this may be useful. Exceptions are healers during an add fight and big AOE trash pulls.

There is not however any way of making sure that the thing they are targeting is also what is targeting them without also showing ToToT...and then you run out of screen real-estate.
ImageImage
Tuesday maintenance is merely a setback!
isiz

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros