Remove Advertisements

Libram + Spell Macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Libram + Spell Macro

Postby Sempx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Hello!

I've been working on some _VERY_ complex macros lately. So this is the plan. There's currently 2 good librams in the game.

wowhead.com/?item=40707 (Badges of Heroism)
and
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45145 (Badges of Conquest)

So my plan is to get there 2 librams to stack using 2 macros

Remember, these are VERY VERY VERY complex macros:

/equip Libram of the Sacred Shield
/cast Holy Shield

/equip Libram of Obstruction
/Cast JUdgement of Wisdom

I've tryed them out and they are working fine.

What i'm trying to do is so the macro tooltip is the icon of the spellnot the libram, and also show the cooldown of that spell :)

Over and Out / SEMPX

EDIT:Very compelx macros, huh?
When in doubt, call sempx :>
Sempx

Re: Libram + Spell Macro

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm not sure if I can handle such complexity!

It might drop your FPS quite a bit to be thrown in such macros, but you could try
#show SpellName

That'd probably do it. I personally use #showtooltip, but that might blow up your computer with macros like that.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sempx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:59 pm

moduspwnens wrote:but you could try #show SpellName

That'd probably do it. I personally use #showtooltip, but that might blow up your computer with macros like that.

It shows the icon, but a darker then usuall and it doesnt show the cooldown.
When in doubt, call sempx :>
Sempx

Postby Popeman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Does this really work? Every since TBC came out, I've heard these rumors. Yet every time I try to make macros that do the job (and I've tried all kinds), the libram swap sets of the GCD (during combat) and it takes pounding the button twice (and burning two GCD's) to get the macro to do both (swap the libram and trigger the spell).

If someone can make it work, that's great, but I'm afraid I'm going to need them to draw me some pictures and use small words to explain it to me. Cause every time I try it in combat, it just makes one big mess.

So, is there any way to write a macro that does a libram swap and casts a spell all in one GCD?

EDIT: In Combat! It does me no good to have a macro that works at the bank in Dalaran but does jack all when I'm trading blows with bosses in Ulduar (or swinging at a target dummy in SW).
Popeman

Postby Popeman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 am

I found this month old thread from over in the Advanced Training forum:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23992

It looks like the two-libram-swap is possible but probably not advisable. It works, but it prolongs the GCD of the two spells that are macroed by a fraction of a second. So, unless you have perfect conditions (no lag, stand still, etc.) your 969 gets pushed back enough that Holy Shield wears off for a fraction of a second. If you're comfortable running the risk of having a fraction of a second where your block chance is so low, then you can stack the effect of both librams to up your block value for the rest of the 10 seconds. But, even in the best of conditions, you're losing a bit of TPS as a result of the delay being built into your 969.
Popeman

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25043

*cough* Seven threads down, gentlemen.
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Popeman » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Jerey-Darkspear wrote:http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25043

You still haven't solved the problem, ie. the global cooldown is extended on the spells the swap is tied to. This results in a prolonged 969 (which is really a 10/6/10 now). Therefore, your HS will drop off before you can reapply it. That's the dilemma, the only way you can stack the block value of both librams is to run the risk of having no HS up for about half a second.
Popeman

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Popeman wrote:
Jerey-Darkspear wrote:http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25043

You still haven't solved the problem, ie. the global cooldown is extended on the spells the swap is tied to. This results in a prolonged 969 (which is really a 10/6/10 now). Therefore, your HS will drop off before you can reapply it. That's the dilemma, the only way you can stack the block value of both librams is to run the risk of having no HS up for about half a second.

Well, that depends entirely on your latency and how many libram swaps you do in any given Holy Shield duration. As long as you're not adding more than one second, you won't have gaps in Holy Shield. To determine the max number of libram swaps allowed, divide 1000 by your latency and there you go - don't do more than this number, chopped at the decimal. For me, this number is around four to five libram swaps, but I know for the Oceanic people, this is limited to two or one.

The more important question is why you would sacrifice near to 100% uptime on LoD for 400'ish to 800'ish (depending on if you use just LoO or both LoO and LotSS) block value. It is worth libram swapping the two BV if you don't have LoD from a survival standpoint, but after you get LoD, you need to think about what you're doing there.

Disclaimer: The previous statement is contingent upon LoD having the six second internal cooldown invoking on equip that I've seen mentioned somewhere on these forums. If such an internal cooldown doesn't exist, then maybe we can try to find a way to make this work for your latency.
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Popeman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 pm

My latency is routinely between 285 and 325 with my addons. With your math, I should be able to get three swaps a rotation.

However, standing in front of a combat dummy using either a macro or a libram addon, having two swaps (one during judgment and one during either consecration or holy shield) results in a GCD "hickup" during the swap that causes holy shield to fall off before it can be refreshed. It isn't a long downtime, but it is enough to cause a concern.

My connection is a cable modem in the mid-US. I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just have the two block librams swap back and forth and guarantee HS is up 100% of the time. I'll worry about getting a third libram in the rotation if/when I can get two to work successfully.
Popeman

Postby Adgavin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm

#showtooltip Holy Shield
/equip Libram of the Sacred Shield
/cast Holy Shield

and

#showtooltip Judgement of ________
/equip Libram of Obstruction
/cast Judgement of _________

hope this helps.
Adgavin