AG_UF substitute

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

AG_UF substitute

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:35 am

I've been using AGUF for quite a long time, but now it hasn't been updated for 4 months, and it's partially broken with the patch.

I'm looking for unit frames which have the following functions:
1) 3D animated portraits
2) Castbars
3) Buffs / Debuffs in a customizable position
4) Party UI must be able to be shown horizontally
5) Shows party member's targets

So anyone can suggest me what to replace Ag_uf with?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: AG_UF substitute

Postby dmok » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:38 am

With some customizing, Pitbull can do all of that. But I do not know how much effort you want to put into recreating your UI.

xPerl also does everything you ask, although there were only limited options for buff/debuff placement when I last used it.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Marwan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:40 am

Pitbull does all that.

It's a pain to set up the first time (since it has so many options), but if you take a bit you'll get the hang of it.

Also you can usually download someone's pre-configured UI and just modify it from there.
Marwan

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Xperl wise, it seembs to work fine, but there is this annoying white line inside every Unit Frame, is there a way to disable it?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:42 pm

pitbull can do everything aguf can last i checked, but it also did it at like 6 times the cpu utilization last i checked. i think the author has been making some performance improvements recently though. make sure to turn off all the random useless shit that comes enabled for some reason with it.

what's broken with your aguf this patch? mine is still working fine.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Tetsuro » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:01 am

AG is actually updated for 3.2. I don't remember where I found it. I know curse does not have it though
Tetsuro

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 am

Rachmaninoff

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Oh, for some reason from curse it wouldnt get the updated version.

Very nice then.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cassanova » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 am

You should check ou pitbull 4. Previous versions of it were a real pain to setup up which is why i stuck to aguf for over 2 years but pitbull 4 has simplified the whole setup process.
Cassanova

Postby Lyre » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:16 pm

My complaint with Pitbull has never been the configuration (which I can deal with) but the CPU usage for what I want -- plain jane frames where I want them and the size I want them.
Lyre

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:24 pm

I use xperl for my unit frames and it does all of that but, as an aside, if you want a very powerful very configurable way to show buffs/debuffs Satrina's Buff Frames is really quite good. Managing another addon isn't always appealing, but I love the power of that mod.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:25 am

pitbull raidframes are "broken" as in they are a humangous resource drain. Once i disabled those my fps jumped up by 30.

Otherwise it can do everything you asked but you can use any unitframe tied with say satrinabuffframes to get your perfered buff/debuff layout settings
Seloei

Postby Marsha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:17 am

Try Stuf Unit Frames. Low memory usage and easy to customize.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... rames.html
Marsha

Postby Biigfoot » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 am

If you want a quick and dirty unit frames addon you can get x-perl, which takes little effort to set up but is not as customizable as some other unit frames.

If you want a very good unit frame that you can customize to do basically anything that you want I would recommend Pitbull 3 or 4. It takes a while to set up at first (15-20 minutes if you haven't done it before) but it pays off.
Biigfoot

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros