Remove Advertisements

Hand Macros

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Hand Macros

Postby Paxi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Why hello :)

I been playing around with a couple of macros for hand spells that would send the target the hand spell is used on a whisper saying for example - You have Hand of Salvation! My question is quite simple, is it possible to include a line in such a macro to not send the whisper if the cast isn't successfull? Since i tend to spam my buttons quite alot :lol: And i don't think including whisper spamming in my raid group would be the best seeing as they allready are bitching about my bubble wall macro =P

Here is the macro i have been playing around with for HoS:
#showtooltip Hand of Salvation
/cast Hand of Salvation
/script SendChatMessage ("You have Hand of Salvation!", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName ("mouseover"));

Thanks in advance for any help :)
Paxi

Re: Hand Macros

Postby rokkon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:34 am

You could do that.

But check out this thread. ThatJustHappened is a mod that can detect when a spell is cast (among other things) and do what you want to do, like sent a private whisper, put a raid warning up, etc.

It's very lightweight, won't take up a lot of resources, and is 100% customizeable. The benefit you gain here is that you can have TJH monitor for that spell, then it won't matter if you cast that spell with a mouseover macro, or if you target someone and cast it, or even if you're using grid and clique to cast it.
rokkon

Postby _Chloe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:35 am

Or the hand plug-in for Tankadin2 if you already have it running.
_Chloe

Postby Paxi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:34 am

I'll try out the hand plug-in for tankadin2 since indeed i are allready running it :) Cheers for the tips :)
Paxi

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros