Remove Advertisements

TankCalc *Now with more 3.2 Ardent Defender!*

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

TankCalc *Now with more 3.2 Ardent Defender!*

Postby PingZing » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi there.

I've been working on a little project of mine for about a month now called TankCalc. It's a little program I wrote in Java that allows you to enter your stats, a mob's stats, and it'll spit out your time to live. It's still fairly primitive, but it's a handy little tool. However, I'm no master coder--far from it. I'm a first year programming student, so there are some obvious flaws. As outlined in the short readme I've included, here are most:

SON OF AN EDIT: Up-to-date notes will just be kept here, to avoid confusion.

Notes:

v 0.54 Current Version
-Ardent Defender's effect has been changed to reflect its current state on the PTR as of 6/29/09. (Only reduces the damage that actually takes you below 35% health)
-Several small changes and optimizations to the code that may result in a very minor speed increase.

v 0.52
-Ardent Defender has been changed from its 3.1.3 version to its current (6/26/09) PTR version. (30% damage reduction on any hit that would reduce you to 35% or below, in addition to the Guardian Spirit effect)
-WotN is implemented and working correctly. It will be used if the user selects Death Knight as their tank and Blood as their spec.
-The additional 2% damage reduction bonus from Imp Frost Presence is now implemented. Select Frost as your Death Knight's spec to turn it on.
-Boss base damage is now implemented! Checking the "Use boss base damage" box will allow the you to enter the boss's damage before armor and damage reduction is factored in (example: Patchwerk's Hateful Strike does about 70k unmitigated)

v 0.4
-The armor field doesn't actually affect anything at this point in time, other than informing the user how much
the boss would hit for before armor is calculated. Useful for figuring out boss base attack values, but little else.

-Neither Will of the Necropolis nor Savage Defense are implemented. I MIGHT get WotN in soon, but Savage Defense
will probably never happen. Ever.

-Stamina bonuses and damage reduction from talents and "mandatory" glyphs are hardcoded in. Unfortunately, I
neglected to consider Blood DKs, and bonus stamina from the Blood tree is NOT factored in. Additionally, it is
assumed that Blade Barrier (Death Knight) is up at all times, as is Glyph of Divine Plea (Paladin). The program
also assumes that all warriors took full points in Critical Block.

-This program is not good for modeling complex fights. There are no fields to enter in boss special attacks, or
attacks that enter armor. Do keep this in mind.

-The user interface is far from perfect. If the program detects that you've made a mistake, it'll force you to
reenter all your numbers.

-Finally, the error catching is rather primitive. Be gentle. If you send it into an infinite loop, it won't crash,
but it will require a restart.

If anybody is interested in taking a look at the source code, I'll be happy to send it to you via email. If there's enough demand, I'll probably just upload it.

~EDIT2~ Download link now links to v0.52, with the 3.2 Ardent Defender and working WotN. If anybody is interested in the previous version, please let me know.

Download link:

Current Version:
TankCalc v0.54

Old Versions:
TankCalc v0.52
TankCalc v0.4
Important note: In order to run the .jar file, you need the latest version of the Java Virtual Machine.

Note that I'm using my university account, and have absolutely no idea how much bandwidth I'm allotted. If the link dies, I'll try to get a replacement up. If anybody has any questions, feel free to reply to the thread, email me at mcalistern(AT)gmail(DOT)com or PM me.
Last edited by PingZing on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Erisan Level 80 | 0/53/18 Protection Paladin | Daggerspine US
PingZing

Re: TankCalc, a tank simulator.

Postby Thalia » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:56 pm

Hmm I'll let Aergis know about this, I'm sure he'd be interested, he wrote the same type of simulator almost 3 years ago to deal with Karazhan bosses, but then he forgot and never updated it. He didn't write it in Java though, forgot what code he used.

Nice job
Thalia

Re: TankCalc, a tank simulator.

Postby PingZing » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:49 am

Okay, been working on and off on this sucker a bit over the past few days. Update time.

TankCalc v0.52 can now be downloaded.

Several small, but important changes:

-Ardent Defender has been changed from its 3.1.3 version to its current (6/26/09) PTR version. (30% damage reduction on any hit that would reduce you to 35% or below, in addition to the Guardian Spirit effect)
-WotN is implemented and working correctly. It will be used if the user selects Death Knight as their tank and Blood as their spec.
-The additional 2% damage reduction bonus from Imp Frost Presence is now implemented. Select Frost as your Death Knight's spec to turn it on.
-Boss base damage is now implemented! Checking the "Use boss base damage" box will allow the you to enter the boss's damage before armor and damage reduction is factored in (example: Patchwerk's Hateful Strike does about 70k unmitigated)

It's interesting to see the differences that the new Ardent Defender make in a fight. Play around with it, tell me what you think, tell me if you find any bugs.
PingZing

Re: TankCalc *Now with more 3.2 Ardent Defender!*

Postby Conaan! » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:09 pm

pretty interesting and simple program, but id like to know the differences between 3.1 and 3.2, can you add a checkbox for AD or provide me with a earlier version that doesnt have the new 3.2 AD?
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby PingZing » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Sure thing. I've got v0.4 uploaded, with 3.1.3 AD intact. The link is in the OP. Note that all the limitations outlined in the OP apply to this older version. (Armor not affecting damage taken, WotN not implemented, etc)
PingZing

Postby PingZing » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Version 0.54 has been uploaded. Changes are posted in the OP as well.

Changes in .054:

-Ardent Defender's effect has been changed to reflect its current state on the PTR as of 6/29/09. (Only reduces the damage that actually takes you below 35% health)
-Several small changes and optimizations to the code that may result in a very minor speed increase.

I gotta say, coding in the new version of AD was a huge pain. It works, but the code ain't pretty.
PingZing

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros