Remove Advertisements

castsequence macro Buggy

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

castsequence macro Buggy

Postby cordelia » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:19 am

Here's a VERY simple castsequence macro:

/castsequence reset=5 Crusader Strike, Judgement of Light

If I hit the macro, wait 5 seconds, then hit it again, it will chain cast Crusader Strike

If I spam the macro, it will cast CS, JoL, CS, JoL, ...

UNTIL

the CS cooldown catches up with JoL:

0: CS, 1.5: JoL, 6: CS, 9.5: JoL, 12: CS, 17.5: JoL, 19: CS ...

At this point, the macro should reset @ 24, and cast CS again.
But IT NEVER DOES.
The 5 second reset doesn't work when spammed like this. It continually tries to cast JoL, until finally @ 25.5: JoL is cast again, and CS @ 27. Needless to say, CS never again resets before JoL, and never gets priority, eventhough the castsequence should reset and allow CS to take priority again.

I have tried this with reset=3, and I have the same problem.
What gives?
cordelia

Re: castsequence macro Buggy

Postby Jasari » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 am

The "reset=5" will only happen if you don't push the button for 5 seconds. If you're spamming it, even if nothing is successfully casting, it will not reset.

I'm not sure if that's what you're doing but it would explain the problem you're having.
Jasari

Postby vertinog » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:33 am

Maybe try:

/cast CS
/cast JoL

Not sure if that will work and I didn't include the commands to turn off error checking but it should cast CS on the first press, try to cast CS (which is on cooldown so it can't) and cast JoL instead. So no matter what if CS is off of cooldown it will fire over JoL. I haven't tried this (and do not have a pally to try it on) so just an idea.
vertinog

Postby Jasari » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:41 am

vertinog wrote:Maybe try:

/cast CS
/cast JoL

Not sure if that will work and I didn't include the commands to turn off error checking but it should cast CS on the first press, try to cast CS (which is on cooldown so it can't) and cast JoL instead. So no matter what if CS is off of cooldown it will fire over JoL. I haven't tried this (and do not have a pally to try it on) so just an idea.

Won't work. You can't create a priority list in a macro.
Jasari

Postby jere » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:21 am

Alternately, you could use /castrandom spell1,spell2

It picks randomly between whichever spells are not on cooldown. As long as you are ok with leading off with a random spell if they both are available, it works pretty well.
jere

Postby cordelia » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:19 am

Jasari wrote:The "reset=5" will only happen if you don't push the button for 5 seconds. If you're spamming it, even if nothing is successfully casting, it will not reset.

I'm not sure if that's what you're doing but it would explain the problem you're having.

Has this always been the behavior? It seems very counterintuitive to the way the castsequence macro _should_ work. But I remember having issues with castsequence macros in the past and not being able to figure out why. This would explain it.
cordelia

Postby Kezia » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:43 am

I'm not sure if you need a reset in the castsequence in this specific instance. I haven't slept in a bit so I may be misunderstanding the topic, but I'm pretty sure the macro will automatically reset at the end of the sequence without a reset, which means it'll continue in the sequence you want as soon as the first spell in the sequence is off CD.

I may be mistaken but you may just want to try dropping the reset=5.
Rhetoric of the Nightfall - Alterac Mountains (US)

Guild Master, Virulent // www.virulentam.wowstead.com // www.twitter.com/virulentam
Kezia

Postby jere » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:15 pm

cordelia wrote:
Jasari wrote:
Has this always been the behavior? It seems very counterintuitive to the way the castsequence macro _should_ work. But I remember having issues with castsequence macros in the past and not being able to figure out why. This would explain it.

Yes, this has always been the case.

Kezia wrote:I'm not sure if you need a reset in the castsequence in this specific instance. I haven't slept in a bit so I may be misunderstanding the topic, but I'm pretty sure the macro will automatically reset at the end of the sequence without a reset, which means it'll continue in the sequence you want as soon as the first spell in the sequence is off CD.

I may be mistaken but you may just want to try dropping the reset=5.

Both abilities have different cooldowns. Eventually, you are going to want to hit CS twice in a row, which you cannot do with this macro if you are spamming it.

/castrandom takes care of that though, and doesn't require a reset.
jere

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:36 pm

with castrandom you can spam that button and it will STILL not use that ability. Tried it and took 7s to get it to fire off my second ability at one time.
Seloei

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros