Remove Advertisements

View port and a rearranger

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

View port and a rearranger

Postby Ard » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:05 am

I'm thinking about redoing my UI to include a viewport. I use a widescreen monitor, so does it just reshape the normal view to fit the new available area? Any additional things I should know concerning a widescreen setup with a viewport (don't really want to end up looking at an envelope, if you know what I mean). Reccomended mods/general tips? I use a Mac, most addons work as normal but I've found certain graphical addons don't (like the animated portraits in AG_uf) so if anyone knows if that'll make a difference it'd be appreciated, otherwise I'll just try a few and see what works.

Lastly I plan to have my minimap (Sexymap) on the lower half of the screen, maybe bottom left or bottom right. I can do this now but it leaves the blizzard deafult buff-icons floating next to where the minimap would normally be, whereas I would want them in the top right corner. I used to use MoveEverything back in the day, is there still something like that around? Maybe another addon that will just allow me to place the bufficons where I want them?

Thanks in advance! :)
Ard <Vision of Excellence> - The Venture Co. EU
Blogging at holysh---ock.blogspot.com
Wilfred Fizzlebang, Master Summoner!
Ard

Re: View port and a rearranger

Postby Ard » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 am

Abandoned the viewport idea. MoveAnything is updated for WotLK and does almost excatly what I want it to :)

ps. replying to my own posts ftw.
Ard <Vision of Excellence> - The Venture Co. EU
Blogging at holysh---ock.blogspot.com
Wilfred Fizzlebang, Master Summoner!
Ard

Postby badgermonkey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:12 pm

For your buffs, use Elkanos Buff Bars. It's really good.
badgermonkey

Postby Ard » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:42 am

I tried Elkano's but I find it clutter sup the screen really badly. I think blizzards buff-icons are very functional and give a lot of info in a small space - ideal. for very important buffs that I need to be able in a single glance I use NeedToKnow, which clutters up the screen, but less ;)
Ard

Postby _Chloe » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:00 am

Try Satrina's Buff Frames.
_Chloe

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros