Remove Advertisements

Un-targeted aggro monitor

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Un-targeted aggro monitor

Postby snoweagle » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:17 am

Does anyone know of a tool for monitoring aggro that's confirmed not to rely on mobs being targeted by someone?
snoweagle
Maintankadonor

Re: Un-targeted aggro monitor

Postby dmok » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:34 am

SnowEagle wrote:Does anyone know of a tool for monitoring aggro that's confirmed not to rely on mobs being targeted by someone?

Not possible. The blizzard API does not publish the information about aggro unless someone is targeting the mob.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:32 am

what about focus?
Any chance on seeing a secondary skada/omen window with his threat? or some other addon?

aka focus the feral defender on aurayia
Seloei

Postby dmok » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:13 am

Seloei wrote:what about focus?
Any chance on seeing a secondary skada/omen window with his threat? or some other addon?

aka focus the feral defender on aurayia

I suppose that such a thing *is* possible, but don't quote me on that. I also do not know of any such addon that currently displays threat for secondary targets like focus targets. I am not 100% confident that threat information is triggered through use of /focus, however you are able to get target of focus information out of the UI so I don't see why you could not.

As for the feral defender on Aurayia, it does not have an aggro table to my knowledge. But I can think of 1 or 2 places where something like this would have limited usefulness.

Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:49 am

feral defender DOES have an agro table if you look at it, you can see who he focuses on after he finishes jumping so if it's a clothie, you taunt midjumping around and he sticks to you. If it's a tank / plate class you can just let him stay there and nothing happens. That's how you are supposed to 'tank' him.

atleast skada shows it, shows a target with 1000k threat atop of the others. And always he goes for that person once he stops jumping around
Seloei

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 pm

dmok wrote:
SnowEagle wrote:Does anyone know of a tool for monitoring aggro that's confirmed not to rely on mobs being targeted by someone?

Not possible. The blizzard API does not publish the information about aggro unless someone is targeting the mob.

I don't think this is quite accurate. I use the MTlove 2 addon, which will show me who a mob is targeting when I mouseover it.

There are no dynamic mods that display all the mobs in the area and who they are targeting because the UI will not draw new windows while in combat. Someone was asking about a mod with this functionality a while back, IIRC.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby dmok » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Seloei wrote:feral defender DOES have an agro table if you look at it, you can see who he focuses on after he finishes jumping so if it's a clothie, you taunt midjumping around and he sticks to you. If it's a tank / plate class you can just let him stay there and nothing happens. That's how you are supposed to 'tank' him.

atleast skada shows it, shows a target with 1000k threat atop of the others. And always he goes for that person once he stops jumping around

I would not call that an aggro table, but now we are just arguing semantics (in my mind, an aggro table is something you have influence over. The defenders do whatever the hell they want no matter what you are doing to them. If you taunt, they are only on you for the duration of the taunt which is part of the taunt mechanic as opposed to a product of your influence of the mob through the aggro table)

dmok

Postby Belarkan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:45 am

dmok wrote:I would not call that an aggro table, but now we are just arguing semantics (in my mind, an aggro table is something you have influence over. The defenders do whatever the hell they want no matter what you are doing to them. If you taunt, they are only on you for the duration of the taunt which is part of the taunt mechanic as opposed to a product of your influence of the mob through the aggro table)

It still DOES have an aggro table. You can still tank him for half of the time which will secure the event.
The defender isn't on you for the duration of the taunt.
If you taunt it too late, he'll switch anyway, no matter whether or not he should focus you.
If you taunt at the end of his jumps, you got a bit more than just the taunt time to tank him.
Belarkan

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:49 am

This is getting a lot of offtopic and should rather be posted in the ulduar forum but i'l just clarify what happens on the feral defender.
Each time he starts jumping around, he picks a target he jumps to first and 'has agro' on him until his done the jumping around, after his done he will run to him and try to melee him 3-4 times. If it's a clothie, a dual crit will kill him or if he stops jumping and the target still hasn't been fully healed, it might kill him.
You can keep track who he is going after by looking at omen/skada so, in that resort he does have an agro table. A small one, but still it helps you to know when to taunt / stun, or when not to so you won't be getting a taunt immune response when he has to be pulled out and killed.

Hence, if there is an addon that allows to see a focus targets threat, you could make a macro or quickly taunt him to save a clothie you know might die while tanking either her or doing crazy cat lady. I'm guessing there are ways to make it work with the threatmeter, but since this is a very 'small' thing to be needed, noone has ever bothered.
Seloei

Postby Makaijin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:10 am

Omen does support threat on the focus target. You have to turn it on in the options. But since omen only has 1 window so you either view your target's threat OR your focus target.
Makaijin

Postby Seloei » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:42 am

Interesting, in that case you could use omen + skada and you can see your targets threat in skada and the focus target in omen.
Might try it :)
Seloei

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros