Key bindings, macros, and Sacred Shield

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Key bindings, macros, and Sacred Shield

Postby serrasin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:47 am

What is the best way that y'all have found to inject Sacred Shield into the rotations and keybind/macro it? I understand the concept of 696~ but still practicing on the muscle memory and key bindings in addition to retraining to new skills and rotations.

i have my basic rotation as 1-5, hammer on `, arcane torrent on f1, plea on f2, avenger on f3, wings on f4, wasd for movement, Q bound to DS macro, E to BOP targettarget macro, F DP, G divine sacrifice, h is for pots/trinket
z is cleanse, while x is freedom. i have taunts as a m3 mouse over macro and RD set for right click on unit frames using clique.

i was looking at setting Sacred Shield to a targettarget macro and replacing freedom in x, but im still at a loss for the best timing or cooldown to sacrifice to minimize TPS loss. anyways, what do your key bindings and macros look like? and how do you prioritize hotkey location?
serrasin

Re: Key bindings, macros, and Sacred Shield

Postby Mert » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:48 am

I use Q for Holy Light, Shift+Q for Flash of Light and Ctrl+Q for Lay on Hands.
I have Hand of Reckoning on F and Rigteous Defense on Shift+F.
I have E as my utility for relevant Macro/Ability for a certain fight and I have a whole bar with no keybinds except E for switching these around (most commonly it's things like the Bubble/Divine Sacrifice marco but also things like quest items or cast fishing from time to time).
Divine Protection is set to `.
Erm, I think they're my main ones, though I move stuff around on F2-F5, E, C and R depending on what I'm doing at the time. R is usually my "pop all cooldowns" button.
I have things like Exo, Wings, Divine Plea and AS on Shift+1-4 in that order.

It's probably not optimal, but it works for me and I'm able to reach everything easily. As you say, it's mostly muscle memory so as long as you have all your important buttons keybound to something then you'll eventually be fine. I would never be able to function with your setup just as you wouldn't with mine but as long as it works for you then it's all good I say :)
Mert

Postby Airanna » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Everyone likes their own way of keybinding, but I personally have x bound to :

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod, target=mouseover] Sacred Shield; [nomod, target=player] Sacred Shield
/cast [mod:shift] Righteous Fury
Airanna

Postby culhag » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:35 am

I click the Tankadin 2 button for Sacred Shield. (and with it you'll never forget to reapply it !)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby serrasin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 am

I am using the following macro for sacred shield [and one near identical for blessing of protection].
/cast [help] [target=targettarget, help] [target=player] Sacred Shield
it casts on the maintank if im not tanking or casts on myself.

I still need to figure out the best spell to replace it with every once in a while. im thinking conc for one on one fights or SoR for AoE.
serrasin

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros