Remove Advertisements

Prat, WiM, Chatter, help!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Prat, WiM, Chatter, help!

Postby cordelia » Sat May 23, 2009 5:41 pm

I used to use Prat and WiM.... sometime after 3.1, I stopped getting whispers from anyone not on my friends or guild list.

When I redid my whole UI to ease up on lag, I replaced Prat with Chatter.

There's still a mod that blocks all whispers from non-friends, non-guildies.

I'm guessing it must be WiM. I disabled WiM. I now receive whispers - normally. However, I now loose Whispers.

WTB: a whisper mod that keeps track of all whispers, _and_ doesn't decide to randomly block whispers from non-friends/guildies.
cordelia

Re: Prat, WiM, Chatter, help!

Postby Lyre » Sat May 23, 2009 9:20 pm

I've been using cellular. It's lighter than WiM and can be condensed to a single line with whispers during fights. It also doesn't annoyingly change to the newest whisper when I'm the middle of typing a reply ^^
Lyre

Re: Prat, WiM, Chatter, help!

Postby Belarkan » Sat May 23, 2009 11:05 pm

cordelia wrote:I used to use Prat and WiM.... sometime after 3.1, I stopped getting whispers from anyone not on my friends or guild list.

When I redid my whole UI to ease up on lag, I replaced Prat with Chatter.

There's still a mod that blocks all whispers from non-friends, non-guildies.

I'm guessing it must be WiM. I disabled WiM. I now receive whispers - normally. However, I now loose Whispers.

WTB: a whisper mod that keeps track of all whispers, _and_ doesn't decide to randomly block whispers from non-friends/guildies.

I use cellular and I noticed that ZOMGBuff messes up with cellular. Whenever I had both enabled I hadn't any whisp.
Now I turned zomgbuff off and it works again.

It seems from Cellular comments that Blizard has slightly changed the way chat filters works in 3.1 and a couple of issues foloowed for mods that were not 3.1 really ready which ZOMGBuff seems to be.

I'm afraid you may have to enable/disable addons to see which one messes up with your whisp addon.
Belarkan

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros