Macro resources

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Macro resources

Postby cordelia » Sat May 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Ever since blizzard made ingame adds illegal, the official forums has not had a good macro faq.

Does anyone know of a good consolidated resource for macros, eg. listing almost all slash commands you can macro, as well as keywords you can use within macros for eg. targets, or modifiers, etc.?
cordelia

Re: Macro resources

Postby Morpheren » Sun May 24, 2009 1:28 am

You're just fullof new threads today.

Ever try google? http://wowwiki.com/Macro has some great links
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby cordelia » Sun May 24, 2009 8:31 am

Top of the page:

Code: Select all
This page explains the basic ideas behind and differences between terms like Macros, Scripts and AddOns to those who are beginners to using or making such things. It has not been updated for WoW 2.0 so many of the examples herein are no longer valid

Nice that we're now on 3.0. But hopefully the basics remain the same. The problem is I haven't found any pages updated for 3.0, and I know that blizzard has changed the macro interface significantly, outlawwing certain commands, and introducing others. But I have no idea where/how to find this information.

The only good link from that page: http://www.wowwiki.com/HOWTO:_Make_a_Macro, also hasn't been updated for 2.0.
cordelia

Postby Morpheren » Sun May 24, 2009 8:38 pm

The actual MACRO hasn't really changed since then. What you are thinking of would generally be found in a /script and that info can be found in the WoW API page also linked in the macro page.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby cordelia » Mon May 25, 2009 12:50 am

What do you mean the macro hasn't changed since pre-tbc?

As far as I understand it, what is allowed and not allowed in macros is changed every so often, and also newer commands are introduced and older things are taken out.

I know that after I installed Wrath, there were quite a few of my older macros that no longer functioned the way they used to function during TBC.

Other examples of change are the equipment manager and dual-spec features providing newer macro commands such as those linked in a thread here in these forums.
cordelia

Postby Airanna » Mon May 25, 2009 1:51 pm

To put it simply -

In spite of what it says at the top of the macro page on WoWwiki, it is in fact a comprehensive resource for macros. The only missing information from that page is the spec modifier (spec:1 or spec:2) and the addition of being able to use the name of an equipment manager set in an /equip command. All other information is 100% correct, as they haven't significantly changed macros in years.

I'm actually curious which macros you used broke in wotlk, since they did nothing to macros with 3.0.
Airanna

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros