Remove Advertisements

pitbull 4 and frame options

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: pitbull 4 and frame options

Postby Nikachelle » Mon May 25, 2009 8:55 am

Guillex wrote:As soon as I have the chance, I'll be getting this, and trying it out. Seems to be quite a bit more idiot-proof than 3 was.

Sounds like something I need. I spent 2-3 hours with the old Pitbull, trying to get what I wanted... and in the end gave up and went back to original WoW UI. Much frustration was had.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon May 25, 2009 9:00 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Guillex wrote:As soon as I have the chance, I'll be getting this, and trying it out. Seems to be quite a bit more idiot-proof than 3 was.

Sounds like something I need. I spent 2-3 hours with the old Pitbull, trying to get what I wanted... and in the end gave up and went back to original WoW UI. Much frustration was had.

If you haven't yet, check out the video tutorials that Lev posted ... It's just so much cleaner to read.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Nikachelle » Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 am

Guillex wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

If you haven't yet, check out the video tutorials that Lev posted ... It's just so much cleaner to read.

Will do. However, my experience was so marred by my inability to understand it that I have developed (unjustified) seething hatred towards it.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon May 25, 2009 9:10 am

So had I... I'd wanted to do a whole bunch of stuff with the different frames, but I ended up turning most of them off, fixing a couple, and leaving it at that.

But I honestly want to give it another go ... Being able to create a template, then apply it to whichever frames you want, instead of having to change each frame set one at a time, makes this version a LOT more attractive than 3 ever was.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Sloath » Mon May 25, 2009 12:31 pm

I took the leap from PB3 to 4 at a very early stage, very early alpha. The one thing I can say is that each version has been very stable, functions that get implemented typically work. Not to say that it's flawless, but nothing that will keep you from using it.

I initially wanted to respond because I see people getting the wrong impression on first looks of PB4. From my own experience, I understand how daunting it can seem until you have that "V8" moment. Once you understand the template type system.. it's amazing how simple and dynamic this UF can be. Take a look at the tutorials lev posted.. give yourself a bit of time to learn before you write this one off.. pretty sure its a keeper : )

Thats my two bits.. feel free to ask questions here, I'm sure within this community we can work through any troubles. Just remember its not finished yet..
Sloath

Postby Levantine » Mon May 25, 2009 3:03 pm

I always get a giggle out of people who say that Pitbull is impossible to config how they want it, because they're generally using the unmitigated fail of XPerl afterwards. I don't think I've ever seen someone say it and then go to Discord, which is about the only thing MORE configurable.
Levantine

Postby DeadMilliken » Thu May 28, 2009 7:35 am

To those who transitioned from PBv3 -> 4 How long did it take you to get settled?

I've been tempted...but it took me about 3hrs initially and 2weeks of tinkering to get PB3 just how I like it (*and I love it) but I know very well its a hog and I would like to switch over....I just an usually worried its going to be another big long haul and keep talking myself out of it.

A few notes: I don't use PB for my raid frames (I use perfect raid) this is not changing for now.
I primarily use it for self, target, ToT, focus, non-raid party frames, and pet / vehicle frames.
DeadMilliken

Postby Seloei » Sat May 30, 2009 9:07 am

First time change from 3->4? 30 minutes to figure out the template system without reading anything, an hour after that and i had almost everything set up as in 3.0. Depends how familiar the config looks to something you've already set up, expect from 1h to 3h. Less if you watch/read tutorials.

4.0 is quite different however from 3.0. And much much more powerful, altho i still keep getting "party pets" show up every frigging time i update it and join a party. To the point of frustration sometimes, so i update it rarely (takes just 3 commands to turn it off again but still). Probably something i have set somewhere wrong but can't find it...
Seloei

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros