Automated mail retrival and Auction purchase

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Automated mail retrival and Auction purchase

Postby majiben » Thu May 14, 2009 2:58 am

I've been playing the dust market lately and have gotten quite into it. Two issues I've been having lately is Recovery my dust and sales from my box and purchasing raw materials quickly. Because I prefer the high turn over singles market I get hundreds of sales and/or expired auctions a day. The issue I'm having is it is so much easier to post those auctions with auctioneer than it is to collect the result. I love the cash flow but loathe the clean up. Is there a mod that will allow me to automatically collect all mail from the AH when I visit my mailbox?

Second part: I similarly purchase or bid on dozens and dozens of gems and other raw materials. They too are most often in singles forcing me to click up and down a lot due to the auction UI. I would like either a mod to purchase/bid on all items below a threshold or to make the buying process have less useless motions. Something like a right click bidding menu or a modifier click purchase/bid would be a great boon to me. I've tried to use the auctioneer snatch search but that was even worse than the standard search UI, it still had just as many confirmation windows, excess motion and worse yet had ghosts of long gone auction clogging up the mix.

As long as we're on the subject is there a way to have the auctioneer tooltip display the cost per item for the bid price as well as the buyout price?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Re: Automated mail retrival and Auction purchase

Postby MrDuck » Thu May 14, 2009 3:09 am

Well about actually posting auctions i think i can't help, but for retrieving your results, Postal does wonders. You can configure what kind of mails to pick (sold auctions,outbids,failed auctions,not ah-related stuff..).
MrDuck

Postby majiben » Thu May 14, 2009 3:21 am

That solves half the issue nicely :-)
majiben

Postby Tharivol » Thu May 14, 2009 5:05 am

Postal for mail I totally agree with. For the other features you can find them within Auctioneer since you mentioned using it.

I cant remember exactly where the options are to set them up and since I'm at work I cant check right now, but you can do either or both of the things you're looking for. If you use the search interface to search for dusts, you can press and hold shift+Ctrl+Alt and click the purchase button to buy -all- of the results. That's pretty much set by default, you just have to use the different interface. You can set up EasyBid or EasyBuyout (I think they're called) so that you can bid/buyout with a right-click or some combination of key's pressed/mouse clicks.

If you hunt around in the configuration I'm sure you can find the settings.

And yes, they work wonders for playing the AH. :P
Tharivol

Postby Zaluthar » Thu May 14, 2009 7:16 am

Majiben, I would suggest AuctionLite for buying materials. You simply enter the material you need and how much and it then lists the cheapest auctions you need to either buyout or buy. Then it's the press of a button and it buys them all!
For those who also use Auctioneer: you can run these side-by-side.

For mail retrieval, there's no better add-on than Postal.

Btw: for more information about AuctionLite, I can recommend the following article on NoStockUI:
http://www.nostockui.com/2009/03/killer ... illet-lsw/
Zaluthar

Postby majiben » Fri May 15, 2009 3:58 am

Thanks for the replies, very happy with the result. Now I just need to worry about how much money I'm tying up in my investments now that it's so easy to spend money and recover the items :-P.
majiben

Postby cordelia » Mon May 18, 2009 9:41 am

I run BulkMail2Inbox, myself. Never tried Postal.

Auctioneer, also has a Snatch option in the search pain that does wonders. You just mass-click Purchase after a search.
cordelia

Postby Foolosophy » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

Auctionator is a really nice, lightweight add on. I use it to quickly buy materials / sell materials. It works faster then Auctioneer and has less useless options. Basically: buy / sell. Type whatever you want to buy and you get a list with the cheapest on top. Want to buy 67 bloodstone? Type in 67.

Selling stuff also works really easy. Drag your item and then select how many items in stacks of X you want to sell.

Love it!

Come to think of it.. I also use a macrobutton to disenchant my jewelry stuff. Something like:
/disenchant
/use ring of..
/use ring of..
/use ring of..

I guess you also use the JC/Enchanting combination? Any tips of altering the macro so it disenchants all the JC stuff with one single click? I now grab a drink when I'm crafting 30 rings, but disenchanting is a pain.
Foolosophy

Postby Panzerdin » Wed May 20, 2009 2:27 am

I don't believe you can automate such a function.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby majiben » Sat May 30, 2009 2:40 am

cordelia wrote:I run BulkMail2Inbox, myself. Never tried Postal.

Auctioneer, also has a Snatch option in the search pain that does wonders. You just mass-click Purchase after a search.

I hate auctioneer's search functions. It's full of "ghost" result or posts that don't exist now but were is it's memory bank. If you know a way to correct this I might consider using it again.
majiben

Postby killa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:40 pm

I too love to play the dust market recently. I use 2 addon's I like Auctioneer for its in game/bag stats when you hover over items and see the moving avg's etc. But What I mainly post with is Auctionator , Super easy mod to use and you can easily see what your past sales were, also has a buy out option on the posting page. So you can essentially but out some competition and post all on the same menu.

For mail I been using CT Mail mod for along time , though after looking I might try postal since I hate most of the CT bloat
killa

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm

I've been using Auctioneer with the click-to-buy thing (I can't remember the name). I have it set up so shift-right-click buys out an auction, so I can just go through and click, click, click. I'll have to look into the mass purchase feature.

As for the mail, I use Postal as well. However, it is very annoying that you can only see the 50 most recent messages in the mail box (though I wonder if I could change this). This means I often spend more time waiting for the next 50 to start showing up than I do actually getting the mail.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:27 pm

One more vote for Postal...I haven't compared it to other mail mods, but it works great for my needs (which seem similar to yours).

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Maddok » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:47 am

After you guys talked about postal I dumped my old mail mod for it, so much better now.
Maddok

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros