Remove Advertisements

track warrior stand change?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

track warrior stand change?

Postby Ragingsoul » Sat May 02, 2009 11:25 pm

completely unrelated to tanking, I've tried for the past few days to search for an addon where I could see in Arena with my resto druid the stands of the warrior, to know if he can use overpower (battle stand) or pummel (berserk stand) for exemple.

Those come on in the combat log, I've being using Power auras for a lot of things for tanking and healing, but since they gain no buff as far as you can see, I don't think it will ever work.

Does anybody know how I can make warnings about this type of changes, and if possible, stick an image or aura on the screen all the time?

if with MikScrollingText, please guide me though it.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Re: track warrior stand change?

Postby Kwelzenda » Sat May 02, 2009 11:35 pm

On a slightly related note, I'd like to be able to see what presence Death Knights are in as well. I've had far too many times where a failDK will think that they can get better DPS by being in Frost presence instead of blood or unholy. Usually I only realize after they start rocketing up the threat meter, and depending on how well geared they are compared to me, ripping aggro off me (especially if they're dropping DnD while in Frost Presence).
Kwelzenda

Postby Tijeras » Sun May 03, 2009 8:42 am

Kwelzenda wrote:On a slightly related note, I'd like to be able to see what presence Death Knights are in as well. I've had far too many times where a failDK will think that they can get better DPS by being in Frost presence instead of blood or unholy. Usually I only realize after they start rocketing up the threat meter, and depending on how well geared they are compared to me, ripping aggro off me (especially if they're dropping DnD while in Frost Presence).

As of the last patch just look at their buffs. It shows what presence they are in.
Tijeras

Postby _Chloe » Sun May 03, 2009 4:08 pm

For warriors, unless they announce/tell you then there's no real way. I looked up GetShapeshiftFormInfo() but it only returns for the player who calls it as it doesn't take a unit. I'll see what I can find out from a few other sources on WoWI.
_Chloe

Postby Ragingsoul » Mon May 04, 2009 7:28 pm

thx for looking into it. my request war for my enemy btw, not my team mate. I think it should show in the combat log, just need something to grap it out and announce it as a raid warning for exemple.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby fafhrd » Sat May 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Ragingsoul wrote:thx for looking into it. my request war for my enemy btw, not my team mate. I think it should show in the combat log, just need something to grap it out and announce it as a raid warning for exemple.

If you're sure it shows in your combat log for enemy targets, you should be able to set up a ThatJustHappened event (see stickied thread) very easily - just need to find out what event type it shows as, and create a trigger for that.

I'm surprised to hear that it does show in the combat log, I didn't think it did.

You could always just watch for the icon that appears above the warrior's head when he changes stances though (same for DK presences), it's different for each stance (and I believe it makes a different sound for each one too - possibly look into some sound-file replacement to make the sound louder, although that the kind of gameplay altering replacement that you could get banned for, and it would also be really annoying in raids/cities).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros