DivinePleaReminder

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

DivinePleaReminder

Postby Sigma » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi there Maintankadin! I've written a mod specifically for Prot Pallies, so I figured some of you guys might find it useful. :) Your feedback would be most appreciated.

Download: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13174-DivinePleaReminder.html

DivinePleaReminder v1.0, by sigmalmtd
A lightweight AddOn for Protection Paladins. Flashes the Divine Plea button when in combat and the buff is inactive.

DESCRIPTION

With the patch 3.1 release, the Prot Paladin talent 'Guarded by the Light' was changed to refresh the duration of Divine Plea, and the new 'Glyph of Divine Plea' reduces damage taken by 3% while the buff is active, making it necessary to maintain 100% uptime on Divine Plea, for both the mana regen and damage reduction. However, in some cases the buff may fall off for whatever reason. Rather than casting the spell every time it is available, or needing to search through a list of buffs to see if it is active, this AddOn displays an unobtrusive reminder to re-cast the spell. The Divine Plea button on your action bar(s) will flash with a red border when in combat and the buff is inactive, whether or not the spell is on cooldown. This provides a static location that is easy to find in a pinch, and is likely near the rest of the rotation.

While DivinePleaReminder is intended for Prot Paladins, it will also function while in Ret or Holy spec as well. However, without the 'Guarded by the Light' talent, this AddOn provides no meaningful information, as the buff duration cannot be refreshed, and the button will begin to flash 15 seconds after Divine Plea is cast. A possible future change may enable or disable the flashing based on whether the user has this talent.

DivinePleaReminder is safe to enable for classes other than Paladins, and will consume no resources.

This AddOn is lightweight and stateless, meaning it has low memory and CPU usage, does not have configuration slash-commands, and does not store any SavedVariables. I am open to suggestions and feature requests, but I would like to keep these properties if possible.

Note: DivinePleaReminder searches for the Divine Plea spell on your action bars. It will work if you have multiple instances of the spell, and if you move the spell around. However, it will not be able to find macros that in some way cast Divine Plea, and thus will not highlight those buttons.

COMPATABILITY

DivinePleaReminder was tested and is known to be compatible with the following bar AddOns:
- The defualt Blizzard bars
- Bartender4
- Dominos

If your favorite bar AddOn was not listed, DivinePleaReminder may still work, depending on how the author wrote their AddOn. Try it anyway, and if the flashing doesn't show, then file a Bug Report and I will do my best to support it. With any bar AddOn, please be sure you have upgraded to its latest stable version before reporting a bug.

CONTRIBUTIONS/BUGS

If you like this AddOn, please tell your friends and guild about it! As stated above, I am open to suggestions and feature requests, but would like to keep this AddOn simple. If you find a bug with this AddOn, or if it is not compatible with the latest stable version of your bar AddOn of choice, please submit a Bug Report. Feature Requests and Bugs can be submitted on my WowInterface portal: http://sigmalmtd.wowinterface.com

CHANGELOG

v1.0 - Initial Release

Download: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13174-DivinePleaReminder.html
Sigma

Re: DivinePleaReminder

Postby Alanyor » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Simple, but exactly what I needed. Thank you. :)
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Racerover » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:57 am

Just used this in raid last night and I must say I'm very happy with it. As you stated, very lightweight and unobtrusive. Does exactly what it needs to do and nothing more. I would recommend this to anyone who forgets to use DP from time to time.

Thanks for the mod. ;)
Racerover

Postby Waxxiemann » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:24 am

Awesome, now make one for Holy Sheild as well. Lol.
Waxxiemann

Postby Snickersnee » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Thank you Very Much for that i am in debt to you
Snickersnee

Postby Egin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Going to have to check this one one when I get back from my deployment.. Thnx for making it!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Adoraa

TheBaldGuy wrote:CC is when a tankadin runs into a crowd of mobs, lays down consecrate and proceeds to control said crowd of mobs. ;)
<--- LOL!!
Egin

Postby trellian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:45 am

/vote for sticky
trellian

Postby stormknight » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 am

Thanks alot, gonna give a try.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight

Postby Belloc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:44 am

Holy balls, Niko, you've hit a homerun!
Belloc

Postby THZ » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:01 am

Sorry for the small highjack...

Would it be possible to change the addon to also remind if Sacred shield is down?

I know next to nothing about addons but changing the naming to "Sacred Shield buff name" in certain places should do the trick...right?
THZ

Postby earanduin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:25 am

I would imagine that debufffilter would also suffice for monitoring self buffs, and also provide a cd timer on said buffs/debuffs. Also nice to ensure that your target has been appropriately debuffed by others to your satisfaction.
earanduin

Postby MotiVater » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:11 am

Another vote for "Please make a Sacred Shield version"
MotiVater
Maintankadonor

Postby stormknight » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:33 am

Chloe did sacred shield in Tankadin RF plugin, update it. :)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight

Postby Caelia » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 am

In the LUA file, on the 7th line down is:
Code: Select all
local DIVINE_PLEA = GetSpellInfo(54428)

Change it to:
local DIVINE_PLEA = GetSpellInfo(53601)

That will change it to make Sacred Shield Flash, likewise you could also change it too:
local DIVINE_PLEA = GetSpellInfo(48952)

And get Holy Shield to flash.

Then if you want just find all instances of
    DIVINE_PLEA
    DivinePleaReminder
    DivinePleaReminderHighlight
And change the Divine Plea parts to Holy Shield or Sacred Shield or w/e you so desire.

Basically go on wowhead, look up the spell then use the change the number in GetSpellInfo to the number in the url.

If people are lazy and want me to make the changes and repost the Holy Shield or the Sacred Shield version let me know. (As long as Sigma doesn't mind)
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Invisusira » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:59 am

Waxxiemann wrote:Awesome, now make one for Holy Sheild as well. Lol.

Use Power Auras.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... assic.aspx
You can create a customizable notice for any buff/debuff in the game - and more.
All the options may seem a bit overwhelming at first, but it's actually ridiculously simple and incredibly powerful. Pretty much the only mod I use besides Outfitter.
Invisusira

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros