Remove Advertisements

Rawr.ProtPaladin

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Rawr.ProtPaladin

Postby theckhd » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:06 am

Is someone still actively maintaining Rawr.ProtPaladin? I figured I would ask here first, in case solieu and/or Neganur have quit working on the project.

If so, I'd be interested in talking with one or both of you briefly about the threat model. In skimming through it, I found a significant error regarding seal procs.

In addition, I'd like to discuss a potential collaboration to try and synchronize the model I'm maintaining in my MATLAB code to the one that Rawr uses, which would potentially keep Rawr's threat model more up-to-date.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby econ21 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:13 am

Just downloaded RAWR 21; I am not sure that anything relevant has changed but I was happy to note that I could configure it to quite closely match the "received wisdom" of this site - i.e. favouring effective health. I set threat weight to 0; mitigation to 0.7 and surival cap to Lich King 10. Switching on improved devotion aura and sanctuary buffs was also important. It then agreed with all my gem and enchant choices - previously, it tended to like stamina/agility gems. It does still have a peculiar fondness for the corpse tongue coin, but nothing is perfect.

It would be good if it could take on board Theck's work on threat though.
econ21

Postby Kiewii » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:05 pm

will this module be updated again since the new rawr 4.0 one seems to be outdated?

things i noticed that maybe could be fixed easily:

- gemming templates and enchants still value agi as mitigation
- mastery gems are not included
- parry/dodge seem to be valued higher than mastery at 0,0 threat scale and 1,0 mitigation scale

the "Upgrade list" i created suggests DPS T-Items to be better than our T-Items.

these are just some things i came across after the first 10 minutes of testing the new rawr.

maybe someone could fix our module i'd very much like to use Rawr since it's all new and shiny now :)
Kiewii

Postby Eroslight » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:14 am

Anybody know if ProtPaladin is being worked on again for 4.2?
I'm mostly concerned about the 4.2 changes to Holy Shield specifically. I'd like to optimize my upgrade path and Rawr did a fantastic job of that in Wotlk for Ret.
Eroslight

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros