Remove Advertisements

3.1 PTR Gear & Talent Switching Macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: 3.1 PTR Gear & Talent Switching Macro

Postby Katamai » Sat May 23, 2009 3:16 am

Aurelie wrote:I've taken to using Itemrack lately because Outfitter crashed my UI during raids (still haven't figured out what conflict was there...) and this is the macro I use to switch gear, specs and emote to those around me so they know when I switch. Protection is my primary spec (1), holy is my offspec (2).

Code: Select all
/itemrack toggle holy, prot normal
/script if (GetActiveTalentGroup()==1) then SendChatMessage("is now Holy.", "EMOTE") else SendChatMessage("is now Protection.", "EMOTE");end
/usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1

First line is my gearset, "holy" and "prot normal" while the second line is the emote portion. That can be changed to anything, like "is switching to Holy" etc. Third line is the actual spec change.

I have a rather interesting bug with this... when i used it to switch to ret spec and gear it works perfectly. But when i go to prot it basically strips me of all the pieces in both sets that contain JC gems and doesn't put on my shield and weapon (which have no JC gems). I'm guessing this is an ItemRack issue? What version of IR are you using?
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat May 23, 2009 4:57 am

That sounds a lot like the same bugs that caused Blizz to delay the Equipment Manager release (bugs which have now been fixed).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Katamai » Sat May 23, 2009 5:13 am

KysenMurrin wrote:That sounds a lot like the same bugs that caused Blizz to delay the Equipment Manager release (bugs which have now been fixed).

Thing is, ItemRack beats Blizzard's manager by a mile. Tried to use it for a day and ran back crying into ItemRack's arms.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Aurelie » Sat May 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Katamai wrote:I have a rather interesting bug with this... when i used it to switch to ret spec and gear it works perfectly. But when i go to prot it basically strips me of all the pieces in both sets that contain JC gems and doesn't put on my shield and weapon (which have no JC gems). I'm guessing this is an ItemRack issue? What version of IR are you using?

There's a option in Itemrack that allows you to select the order that it equips pieces of gear called "Queue." Perhaps if you set it you change your mainhand weapon first it would eliminate the conflict (I'm assuming it's trying to equip the shield first and not allowing it because of the 2h ret weapon). That may help with the JC gems as well. I'm currently using version 2.243.
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Postby Ata » Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 am

Does anyone else have to double-click this macro to get the switch?

/equipset [spec:2] Protection; [spec:1] Holy
/usetalents 1
/usetalents 2

I have to click once to switch specs, then click a second time to gear switch... or did i just mess up with it?
Ata

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri May 29, 2009 12:36 pm

If you got the 1 and 2 backward on the equip, you'll be equipping the set for the spec you're already in on the first click.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros