Macro Sticky

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: New Macro Sticky

Postby blkthunder » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 am

should just be something like /click actionbuttonX
Its a great tool to use and many hunters use it, but as with anything, the more you automate it the less flexible it becomes.

Since you're concerned about keybindings look to consolidate as many similar spells as possible like holy wrath/consecrate, seal of vengeance/righteousness/command, judge of justice/SoJ and avenging shield/exorcism. These alone save you 5 slots by using mod:w/e to accomplish the same goal u had before.
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Postby blkthunder » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am

#1 for aoe threat
/cast [mod:alt] holy wrath
/cast consecrate

#2 all the tps seals... i include the libram of choice per seal but have my all purpose tanking libram on my bar so i can force it back when needed. Can be equipped during a gcd with only a slight gcd pushback
/cast [nomod] seal of vengeance
/equip [nomod] libram of [uberstrenght]
/cast [mod:alt] seal of command
/cast [mod:ctrl] seal of righteousness
/cast [mod:shift] seal of justice
/equip [mod] libram of [BV or Consecrate sp]

#3 ranged dmg
/cast [mod:alt] exorcism
/cast [nomod] avenging shield
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Postby Kyldarien » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Well I just recently went and purchased a N52te... and still trying to get things straightened out over to it from my standard keyboard. That's been the main reason for attempting to simplify my keybindings.

I've been having problems with my /click cycling all the way thru to Consecrate, so...
blkthunder wrote:#1 for aoe threat
/cast [mod:alt] holy wrath
/cast consecrate

will really be a life saver. Considering I would rather take both of those out of my automated rotation.

I pretty much only use SoV so I don't really need #2, but I can see the utility in it if my off-spec needed it.

blkthunder wrote:#3 ranged dmg
/cast [mod:alt] exorcism
/cast [nomod] avenging shield

I can see the utility in this one as well, but I normally find myself pulling groups so I tend to only use AS. For solo pulling I tend to go with HoR, due to it being less mana intesive and now doing dmg if the mob isn't currently attacking me.

Just ran a PUG run for H:HoL and the only dps I couldn't outthreat was my guild leader... enhancment shammy with full T8. Probably because I was sloppy on the marking early on and he kept picking up the secondary targets instead of the main target (entirely my fault).
Kyldarien

Postby blkthunder » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:32 pm

I use that seal macro because im OS holy and when not single target tanking i use seal of command. I use Hand + Exo at max range for single target pulling as the two + judgement and AS = a lot of front loaded threat.
blkthunder

Postby uthad » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:48 am

okay is it possible for som oen to help me out im complty fail at keybindings but im trying to make due with what i got could someone by chance help me out by making a macro for me its for arena thats why the odd rotaion and missing or normal use of spell im running into the problem of a spell being on cooldown and not allowing my macro to continue on to the next spell so here is what im trying ot add into this macro in this order avengers sheild, hammer of righteous, sheild of righteousness, jugement of wisdom, divine plea is it possible to make this happen if so please help me out thanks
uthad

Postby blkthunder » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 am

uthad wrote:Okay is it possible for someone to help me out? I'm completly fail at keybindings but im trying to make due with what I've got. Could someone make me a macro? It'll be for arena hence the odd rotaion and missing spells. Im running into the problem of a spell being on cooldown and not allowing my macro to continue on to the next spell. So here is what im trying to macro in this order...

-avengers sheild
-hammer of the righteous
-sheild of righteousness
-jugement of wisdom
-divine plea

Is it possible to make this happen? If so, please help me out. Thanks

Sorry, I had to rewrite your post for clarification for myself and possibly others.

Lets talk about spell priority in your particular macro. If you're spec'd correctly you'll have an undispellable divine plea, so it shouldnt matter when you pop it as long as your hitting something before it expires. I believe it should be first and should only need to be activated if you cannot hit something. Since this is the case it SHOULDNT be in your macro as it'll be a wasted gcd and its cd is much longer than the rest of your spells. Also, with consecration being the mana hog that it is we'll substitute it out for sacred shield. If you enable autoself cast and you have an enemy targeted it should ss yourself.

Spell CD's
Avenger's Shield (30 seconds)
Hammer of the Righteous (6 seconds)
Shield of righteousness (6 seconds)
Judgement (9 or 8 seconds)
Holy Shield (9 second cd)
Sacred Shield (no cd just a gcd)

The closest thing to a "rotation" you can use would be alternating your non-6 second cds to the effect of...

30, 6, 9, 6, 9, 6, 9, 6, 9, 6, 9, 6, 9, 6, 9, 6, 9, 6, 9, 6, 9

This will effectively give a full rotation but once you start substituting spell names for their respective cds you'll have a giant macro. You can get extended macro addons that can do one that long but it'll be unweildy.

It'll look something like this

/castsequence avengers shield, hammer of righteous, judgement of wisdom, Shield of righteousness, holy shield, Hammer of the Righteous, sacred shield, Shield of righteousness, judgement of wisdom, holy shield, Shield of righteousness, judgement of wisdom, Hammer of the Righteous, holy shield, Shield of righteousness, sacred shield, Hammer of the Righteous, judgement of wisdom, Shield of righteousness, holy shield, Hammer of the Righteous, sacred shield

Thats about 460 characters and far too many for the normal macro screen we're allowed. But if you do notice you'll have a 6,9 rotation going for most of the time only breakingn out for avengers shield or to refresh divine plea so you can get away with something like the following

Button 1 = avenger shield
Button 2 = /castsequence hammer of the righteous, shield of righteousness
Button 3 = /castsequence judgement of wisdom, holy shield, sacred shield
Button 4 = divine plea

Start with button 4.
Then, do your best to keep pressing button 1 whenever the cd is up.
Then, alternate between pressing buttons 2 and 3.
At this point you'll only need to hit button 4 if you're DP drops off.

This is about as faceroll as you can get.

To be honest your all in one rotation macro is a bad idea as any time you're not in melee range it'll lock up.
blkthunder

Postby uthad » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:52 am

yes sorry im very bad with typing thanks for the info some thing i should have pointed out is in arena we run sov not sow prot is there for lots of burst damage and there cc so divine plea is always being used and my jugements are on a 7 sec cooldown due to the set bonuses pvp gear gives i guess i can take a talent out to solve the macro timing but jugments is alot of dps and that 1 sec cou;d mean a kill shot in arena
uthad

Postby blkthunder » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 am

uthad wrote:1.) We run sov not sow.
2.) Prot is there for lots of burst damage and their cc.
3.) Divine plea is always being used.
4.) Jugements are on a 7 sec cooldown due to the set bonuses and that 1 sec could mean a kill shot in arena.

1.) I dont recall saying anything about seal of wisdom so i dont know how to respond to that particular point.

2.) Understood. You can have a burst macro that has all the key spells in it, but it'll be far from spamable.

**Warning this macro is only usable once a minute**
/castsequence reset=10 avenging wrath, avengers shield, judgement of wisdom, hammer of the righteous, shield of righteousness, hammer of wrath

3.) DP should only need to be refreshed if you're switching targets due to a talent that refreshes it on melee hit. So thats the main reason that it should be taken out of the macro. Not to mention the 1 min cd that doesnt line up with any other ability. If its already up its a wasted gcd that can be better used for self preservation or additional dps.

4.) Good, but that only reinforces the fact that you should have all of your useful spells on your bars somewhere as opposed to a macro. One way or another you're going to have "dead time" in most castsequence macros unless you have perfect cd timers like the 96969 cycle. So that means you're either going to be auto attacking OR you can be doing something useful like keeping up holy shield (mana back from sanc) or Sacred Shield.
blkthunder

Postby Cullberth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:42 am

I have been searching for a certain macro and have not been able to find what I am looking for so I will petition you guys for help. This is what I would like to do:

cast Divine Protection
use Satrina's Impeding Scarab
cast Hand of Salvation on myself
use Indestructible Potion

All in one macro ... I have tried writing it myself but have had no success.

Thank you in advance
]
Cullberth

Re: Macro Sticky

Postby blkthunder » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 am

they can all be on seperate lines because all but salv are off the gcd.

/use trinket
/use potion
/cast bubblewall
/cast [target=player] hand of salvation
blkthunder

Postby Pannacea » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:12 am

OK i need help bad, i failing at pulling agro when in tanking roatations like on Putricide. I need a macro that would cast every taunt on Boss and agro reduction i can on my FOCUS but not with mouseover. I am having trouble figuring out the synthax of it.

Thanks

i made this one
/cast [target=focus] Hand of Salvation
/cast [target=focus] Hand of Protection
/cast [target=focus] Rightheous Defence

Would it work ?
Pannacea

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:29 am

I don't think that'd work, it would fail when it tried to cast the first two together and hit the GCD.

I don't think this kind of macro is the solution, to be honest. If the other tank is pulling back off you after you taunt with Hand of Reckoning, then you need to look at a few things - whether your rotation, spec and gear are putting out enough threat to begin with, what the other tank is doing (are they holding back until you have aggro, or still going all out?), and so on.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Pannacea » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:24 am

OK but to help me reduce their agro , if i make 3 macros like the ones i wrote, taking into account the CD, would they work and target my focus ? Because my gear is on par with them ( Warrior and Druid ) , rotation is regular 9696, i shield, hammer, hand of reck. So only thing i have left is agro reduction on them.
Pannacea

Postby Roots » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 am

On an unrelated note, did they change the [flyable] command recently?
I just tried to use this macro on my DK for ground/flying mount

/dismount [mounted]
/cast [flyable] NAME OF FLYING MOUNT; NAME OF GROUND MOUNT

not working, any help?
Roots

Postby Trase » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:34 am

Roots wrote:On an unrelated note, did they change the [flyable] command recently?
I just tried to use this macro on my DK for ground/flying mount

/dismount [mounted]
/cast [flyable] NAME OF FLYING MOUNT; NAME OF GROUND MOUNT

not working, any help?

Where and when did you try to use it? If in Wintergrasp during a battle, it will not work due to the fact that Wintergrasp is considered [flyable] at all times.
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros