Remove Advertisements

Macro Sticky

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: New Macro Sticky

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:55 am

Nikachelle wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Are you using ThatJustHappened?
Nope. I'm guessing I should?

You can set an action in TJH to announce on a successful spellcast; I believe you can do the same in macros, but it'll require some actual code and may be too unwieldy for what you're looking for.

I have my TJH set up to announce when defensive CDs (shieldwalls etc) are up for the healer's benefit; also some events in ToC are helpful.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:04 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Are you using ThatJustHappened?
Nope. I'm guessing I should?

You can set an action in TJH to announce on a successful spellcast; I believe you can do the same in macros, but it'll require some actual code and may be too unwieldy for what you're looking for.

I have my TJH set up to announce when defensive CDs (shieldwalls etc) are up for the healer's benefit; also some events in ToC are helpful.

Well I downloaded and installed TJH over the weekend and after about 5 minutes in Dalaran being completely informed on what EVERYONE was doing I had to turn it off. I saw no option on how to remove information unless it was relevant to myself. I imagine there's a way, but I was so verbally abused by the constant stream of information that I had to shut it off quickly before I went insane. I DIDN'T need to know that the people dueling in the sewers below me had refreshed Lifebloom and the other was potting and using a bandage.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:03 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Well I downloaded and installed TJH over the weekend and after about 5 minutes in Dalaran being completely informed on what EVERYONE was doing I had to turn it off. I saw no option on how to remove information unless it was relevant to myself. I imagine there's a way, but I was so verbally abused by the constant stream of information that I had to shut it off quickly before I went insane. I DIDN'T need to know that the people dueling in the sewers below me had refreshed Lifebloom and the other was potting and using a bandage.

I think you must have set it up too generically then. There's enough options that you can specify that you only want it to tell you when Lifebloom is refreshed on you, for example.

Pre-packaged, it comes with no rules, so you have to add all of your own. I only have about 15 or so, and I keep them very specific to cut down on unwanted spam. A small price to pay for having my "1 UP!!" yell trigger for AD.

My suggestion would be to load it up again, use the slash command to delete all current triggers, and start applying some of the prepackaged ones that Modus posted in the TJH thread. That way you won't accidentally set yourself up for maximum spammage.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Toddrick » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:33 am

I'm sorry to trouble someone with this but I'm trying to make a macro so I can one click all my buffs on (Righteous Fury, SoV, BoS). Is there a way to do that? Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to writing macros and the only one I've used is the judgement shift and alt all in one macro. Another macro I was looking for was the greater blessing/shift for single target blessing macro.

Last dumb question. I have been running my 969 rotation without the macro, just manually punching 1-5 and setting it up that way. Now, if I use the macro listed, does it just require me to spam 2 buttons...say 1 and 2 where one button has all the 9s and the other all the 6s? Thanks for any help.
Toddrick

Postby vertinog » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:42 am

Toddrick wrote:I'm sorry to trouble someone with this but I'm trying to make a macro so I can one click all my buffs on (Righteous Fury, SoV, BoS). Is there a way to do that? Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to writing macros and the only one I've used is the judgement shift and alt all in one macro. Another macro I was looking for was the greater blessing/shift for single target blessing macro.

Last dumb question. I have been running my 969 rotation without the macro, just manually punching 1-5 and setting it up that way. Now, if I use the macro listed, does it just require me to spam 2 buttons...say 1 and 2 where one button has all the 9s and the other all the 6s? Thanks for any help.

You can not one click all your buffs on in a macro. The best you could get is a /castsequence with the buffs you listed and click it three times to cast all the buffs.

As for the blessing buffs what I do is setup a separate macro for each:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Greater Blessing of Might
/cast [mod: shift] Blessing of Might

A click would cast Greater while a shift would cast the regular.
(At work so this might require tweaks to work correctly)

For the 969 macros it is best to have them separated by cooldown. I would recommend going further and leaving consecration out of the 9second macro all together. This allows you to be more flexible and mana efficient in some cases.
Possible macros:
6 second

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=9 Righteous Hammer, Shield of Righteousness

9 second
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=5.5 Judgment of Wisdom, Holy Shield

(Again I am at work so these might require tweaks to work correctly)

Edit: Forgot the resets in the above macros
vertinog

Postby KevinG81 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:39 pm

is there a macro to tell you how close over/under you are to 1.88?
KevinG81

Postby Xfighter » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:49 pm

I've been using this macro for quite awhile now.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,help,nodead] [help,nodead,exists] Righteous Defense; Hand of Reckoning

After the launch of 3.2, it's been acting differently than it did in 3.1

It used to: cast RD only on mouseover, hand of reckoning when no mouse over was present.

Now it seems to: cast RD on mouseover, and randomly choose between RD and HoR when no mouseover exists. So it's left me having to have the taunts separately to make sure I get the right one when I use it (still use the macro for mouseover taunting on trash etc)

I was wondering if it was possible to make the macro work more along the lines of how it did pre-3.2?

What I'm looking for is:

-Cast RD when a mouseover exists on a frame like Grid (while having a different target)
-Cast Hand of Reckoning on my current target if no mouseover exists
and then if it's possible...
-Cast RD on my current target if Hand of Reckoning is on CD.

Any help would be appreciated =)
Xfighter

Postby Rolok » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:09 am

I have a few questions, any input would be greatly appreciated.

First, I use Judgement Of Light in my rotation. I was considering making one for Judgement Of Wisdom, but I am not sure if I should. Is there any advantage to using Wisdom over Light since when I do tank I use Seal of Wisdom? Prehaps if I use Wisdom in a rotation then use Seal Of Corruption to aid Divine Plea in restoring more mana quicker?

The second question I have is about the 6 second cooldown macro. I use

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=n6/combat Shield of Righteousness, Hammer of the Righteous
/startattack

Is there any advantage to using Hammer of the Righteous first over Shield of Righteousness? Does it really matter, or effect your rotation at all?
Rolok

Postby Igrado » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:01 am

Rolok wrote:Is there any advantage to using JoW over JoL?

Only if you are having mana issues, and your healer is not. This would be a situation where you are over-gearing the Raid/Heroic.

Rolok wrote:When I do tank I use Seal of Wisdom?

Do not use SoW to tank. Ever. Use Seal of Vengeance/Corruption.

Rolok wrote:Is there any advantage to using Hammer of the Righteous first over Shield of Righteousness?

No. We usually use HotR first because it hits 3 targets. It doesn't hit as hard on single target as SoR though, but usually the only fights that start with single targets are boss fights.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

6 and 9 rotations - cast sequence macros

Postby Mazarbul » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:00 pm

In my transition from a long term clicker to a keybinder (painful process) I bound a 6 sec macro and a 9 sec macro to separate buttons on my steelseries mouse.

In the past few weeks these macros have been buggy either working some of the time and not others, or just flat out not working. I have done extensive modifications like reset=6 or reset=9, doubling the spell rotation(Holy Shield, Consecrate, Judgement of Light, Holy Shield, Consecrate, Judgement of Light),EXTENSIVE spell checking, rearrainging the rotation, etc, etc, etc.

In some cases I can see it happening because an ability is on cooldown (I might manually consecrate as a portal is spawning on Heroic 25M Jaraxxus) in which case I revert back to clicking until my CD's are cleared. But recently its just a total Cluster Fu dge.

What I am looking for is definitive assistance from someone who is succesfully using 969 macros that are WORKING and ay particular nuances that you might suggest. Again, my macros HAVE worked in past without incident but have been acting squirrelly since 3.2. I would prefer people to post their macros that ARE working rather than have people modify the macros am using that are not working.

Yes I have the one talent point assigned to lower the CD on judgement to 9 seconds :-)

I am wondering if my click speed or rhythm is off. Technically if I cast a 9 sec GCD 6 second GCD 9 second, etc. I should be totally OK. if I click early then click after gcd, I am ahead of sched and everything will be off CD.

Anyway, and insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Do or Do not, their is no try.
Mazarbul

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:06 pm

I am a MACRO HO I love to make them and I love to use them, almost every single button I click is a macro to do multiple things.

I have macros that use Reckoning / Shield if i target friend or foe, macro to bubble self/ bubble friendly.

As a MacrHO I would strongly recommend againt using 2 macros for 9696 unless you want to have them hotkeyed off to the side of your "normal" buttons just for clearing the boring trash.

*WHY*
If you are going to be using the macro versions of 1 for 9s and 1 for 6's your going to stunt your own utility. There are many times where we can all vouche that you need to click off a boss to hit an add w/ SoR to keep a good threat level or drop a consec in a special spot. Along with usually most peoples macros for 969 are simple to do judge, cons, Holy Shield, in that order and just keep cycling through it. Problem is if you just consecrated and now its time for a target change your first ability against your new foe is going to be the MIGHTY MIGHTY HOLY SHIELD. This leads to problems w/ threat because instead of throwing off your rotation for a hard hitting SoR you just used HS and he just ^&*(ed your healer/dps and many other situations are common that can be prevented by just lining up "Left bar 1" 9,9,9 Left Bar 2 6,6, and just weaving between the 2 bars.. or however you prefer.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby zendog » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:32 am

Hi all,

I've been struggling with this macro for a little while now, and so I thought I'd post it here and ask you guys (& gals) to have a look at it and tell me what I might be missing.

Last time I ran it, it seemed to be working for HoF, HoS, and HoP, but not for RD.
Hopefully there's an easily-spied, easily-corrected error from which we all can learn.

Many thanks in advance,

Zendog

=====
I've got versions of this macro mapped to F2-F5, such that when I want to cast one of these spells, I press that party#'s function key (F2 for party1., etc.), along with a modifier (ctrl+alt, ctrl, shift, or nomod), to achieve the desired result. (nomod is intended to cast Righteous Defense)

Any obvious mistakes here?

Any way in which you macro adepts might write it in more streamlined fashion to achieve the same intended result?

====

#showtooltip
/cast [target=party1, mod:ctrl, mod:alt] Hand of Freedom; [mod:ctrl] Hand of Salvation; [mod:shift] Hand of Protection; [nomod:ctrl, nomod:alt, nomod: shift] Righteous Defense;
/targetlastenemy
zendog

Postby Airanna » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:12 pm

The proper syntax for nomod is just that [nomod]. Changing that should work.
Airanna

Postby zendog » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks, Airanna -- I'll give it a try. Zen
zendog

969 rotation and the /click command

Postby Kyldarien » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am

After failing for the longest time in my tanking abilities, I was pointed to this site as the end-all guide to what I needed to know. (Formerly a Ret-ard-in that has seen the light) After learning about the core of my hate generating utility (the 969 rotation), I strove to simplify it. This is where I switched to the two-button tanking method of macroing. It has it's strong points, but I agree that the ability to break your rotation when needed is extremely lacking. So, I then switched to having a manual bar (all of the rotation abilities singularly) and then my 2-button rotation still sitting around.

After months of this, I toyed around with the idea of multi-boxing (mainly to level my GF's toon when she didn't have time to play herself). After reading through the macro forums at one particular site, I stumbled across the /click spam macro. Basically this breaks down into spamming 1 button to have it virtually press other hotbar buttons simultaniously. This has been working out rather well for me. It virtualy guarantees that I am hitting all of my abilities as soon as they are off cooldown, seriously increading my TPS. Other than that it also free'd up a keybind.

If anyone is interested in how to set up the macros, feel free to PM me. It takes a bit of setup, but if enough people show interest I will post a link to the original articles (if I can find them again) or pretty much just retype the theory and structure here, but of course not take any credit for comming up with it.
Kyldarien

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros