Macro Sticky

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Macro Sticky

Postby Muffswindler » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:32 pm

1) Unhittable (paladins, warriors). This is the same one as above, slightly reworked - includes dodge + parry + miss + block. Should spit out the same numbers as the one above.

Code: Select all
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

***** Does this macro still work in 3.3 after they reworked parry and dodge, or is there an updated version?
Muffswindler

Postby Marblehead » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:08 pm

I'd like to share 2 macros I use while tanking raid bosses that require tank swapping, like Saurfang, Festergut, etc.
These macros don't help tanking, but they increase DPS, helping with enrage times, slacking dpsers or hitting the top places in WoL rankings :twisted:

"Off" macro:

/cancelaura Righteous Fury
/cast [@player] Hand of Salvation
/cast Avenging Wrath
/equip Gutbuster
/equip Libram of Valiance

This macro is used when another tank taunts the boss you are tanking. It cancels RF, casts HoS on self and AW and equips a DPS weapon and libram, enabling you to continue damaging the boss for more damage than before without snapping aggro from the current tank.
*The red letters are just an example and you can change them to your weapon and libram of choice.

"On" macro:

/cast Righteous Fury
/cast Hand of Reckoning
/equip Honor of the Fallen
/equip Libram of Defiance

This macro is used to taunt the boss off of the other tank. It cast HoR, RF (cause it got canceled by the previous macro) and equips a tanking weapon and libram.
*The red letters are just an example and you can change them to your weapon and libram of choice.

The good thing is that these macros do all that using a single GCD.
The bad thing is that if they are used during a GCD they won't function fully till pressed while off the GCD.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby Ludiaro » Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm

I was searching for leads on how to make a macro to make *HoSalv+single taunt* and *HoProt+aoe taunt* but couldn't either find any mentioned on this post nor could I figure out how to put the taunts in _Chloe's Hand macros.
So I started thinking and made the following 2:
/cast Hand of Salvation [target=targettarget]
/cast Hand of Reckoning [target=target]

This will come in handy on encounters like Festergut where a 9stacked tank can easily overaggro even after taunt if not careful.
/cast Hand of Protection [target=target]
/cast Righteous Defense [target=target]

This is for aoe trash where a caster or healer get aggro from adds, or even fights like Anub25hc where healer can get a lot of threat easily on spawning adds.

Make sure you put in the /cast *spell* first else you'll end up "salving" yourself while taunting which might not end up well.
Also note there is the possibility of you "Hoping" or "Salving" yourself on a boss encounter if it is already targeting you. Still trying to figure out how to make it so that it doesn't happen.
Ludiaro

Postby Lifelace » Tue May 04, 2010 5:31 am

I would suggest making it a mouseover macro to be used with raid frames or grid.
Then bind it to a key stroke or mouse click.
Lifelace

Postby Ludiaro » Tue May 04, 2010 11:59 am

Lifelace wrote:I would suggest making it a mouseover macro to be used with raid frames or grid.
Then bind it to a key stroke or mouse click.

Thanks for the suggestion, only would make it on the HoP taunt though:

/cast [target=mouseover] Hand of Protection
/cast [target=mouseover] Righteous Defense

There you go. :)
Ludiaro

Postby Ludiaro » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm looking for a macro to hit a marked target without targeting it. Like something to bind a stunt o so while you tank you can still keep tpsing on your main target and stun the incoming marked target, or something like that.
Ludiaro

Re:

Postby kelabb » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:16 pm

Garsu wrote:I'm having a somewhat difficult time getting my 9 second cooldown macro to work.

/castsequence reset=combat/shift Holy shield, Judgement of Light, Consecrate

My 6 second cooldown macro is working fine, but for some odd reason the macro for 9's locks down after Holy Shield and I can't figure out why. I've tried just going with the basic castsequence and removing my reset options, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I'm missing an option enabled in my interface?

What do you mean by locks down? Do you mean, it never progresses past HS, to cast JoL and Con? And you use shift as a reset trigger, right? I would guess you use shift with other macros?

I would insert a reset time in there too: reset=9/combat/shift. It might help to copy the spell name from your spell book in case the capitalisation is mandatory.
kelabb

Postby Eredor » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:52 am

Here is the basis for many of my macros:

#showtooltip Hammer of Justice
/cast [modifier:alt, target=focus][target=mouseover,harm,exists][] Hammer of Justice;

It works like this:
- If your mouse is above an enemy it will stun it
- if you use it while pressing alt it will stun your focus
- otherwise as expected it will stun the target.

Feel free to replace alt with your preferred modifier key and Hammer of Justice with another capability.

Basically I'm using this macro with most of the attacks / capabilities.
In fact I am using this macro with all my characters, including in PVP.
Eredor
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:43 am

Ludiaro wrote:I'm looking for a macro to hit a marked target without targeting it. Like something to bind a stunt o so while you tank you can still keep tpsing on your main target and stun the incoming marked target, or something like that.

Macros can not interact with lucky charms, if that's what you're looking for.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Chanserv » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Here are my Seal / Libram macro's. 1 click loads the seal and the libram that goes with that seal, easy to switch on the fly.

Left Click: Seal of Vengeance with LoV
Right Click: Seal of Command with LoSS
/cast [button:1] Seal of Vengeance; [button:2] Seal of Command
/equip [button:1] Libram of valiance; [button:2] Libram of the sacred Shield

Left Click Seal of Light with LoSS
Right Click: Seal of Wisdom with LoSS
/cast [button:1] Seal of Light; [button:2] Seal of Wisdom
/equip [button:1] Libram of sacred shield; [button:2] Libram of the sacred Shield

Right Click: get naked
Left Click: use tank gear set.

/equipset [button:1]Tank1; [button:2] Naked

Right click, then left click. lower your health and have healer heal you for mana returns. makes for faster heroics.

Cast Salvation on focus target
/cast [target=focus] Hand of Salvation
Chanserv

Postby Tinae » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 am

Looking for a double check of this macro for 4.0. With the loss of def it seems like this should get you your unhittable chance with holy shield up

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 15 + 5 ))

Mainly worried about it because it seems that with my fully reforged gear I am actually over the 102.4% and should lose some mastery.
Tinae

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros