Remove Advertisements

Macro Sticky

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Macro Sticky

Postby _Chloe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Please post your Macros here if you like. This should be the centralized thread asking for help and/or posting your own macros. Please do not spam/troll this sticky just like the others. This is a work in progress.

Last Updated: March 31, 2009

AVOIDANCE MACROS

1) Unhittable (paladins, warriors). This is the same one as above, slightly reworked - includes dodge + parry + miss + block. Should spit out the same numbers as the one above.
Code: Select all
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
2) Just avoidance (paladins, warriors, deathknights). This gives you dodge + parry + miss only.
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
3) Bear Avoidance (druids). This gives you dodge + miss only.
Tauren:
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
Night Elf:
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + 7 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

4) Just miss. This gives you your diminished miss chance by itself.
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Chance to be missed: %.2f%%",  5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
5) Super special (paladin, warrior). Props to Astemus for the idea. Gives you unhittable, avoidance, and how far above/below 540 defense you are.
/run local b,d,p,r,a=GetBlockChance(),GetDodgeChance(),GetParryChance(),GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) a=1/(.0625+.956/(r/122.9625)) ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable: %.2f%%  Avoidance: %.2f%%  Defense %+.0f rating",b+d+p+5+a,d+p+5+a,r-689))
6) Deathknights with Stoneskin Gargoyle. Props to Liudeath for starting to get this figured. If you have the 3% from talents, change the 6 to a 9. If you're a night elf, add 1 more to that (so it's 7 or 10):
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Avoidance with Stoneskin Gargoyle: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetParryChance() + 6 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(floor(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL))*0.04))))

If you're a night elf, add on another 2% from your racial Quickness (base chance to be missed of 7% instead of 5%). There isn't enough room in a macro do make that determination, so you'll have to do it yourself.

If you're a druid or deathknight using macros that include block and parry chance, those will return as zero for you - the reported chances will be correct.

Sources:
http://elitistjerks.com/1053037-post335.html

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f63/4000 ... dance.html

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/446 ... acros.html
Last edited by _Chloe on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_Chloe

Postby _Chloe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Rotations

696 Macros:
Macro 1 for 6 second Cooldowns:
/castsequence reset=6 Hammer of the Righteous, Shield of Righteousness

Macro 2 for 9 second Cooldowns:
/castsequence reset=9 Holy Shield, Judgement of Wisdom, Consecration

3)Faceroll
4)????????
5)Profit

Raid Markings

/script SetRaidTargetIcon("target", NUMBER );
Where NUMBER equals the following:

> 0 = no icon
> 1 = Yellow 4-point Star
> 2 = Orange Circle
> 3 = Purple Diamond
> 4 = Green Triangle
> 5 = White Crescent Moon
> 6 = Blue Square
> 7 = Red "X" Cross
> 8 = White Skull

Note:
There are several mod that do this but they can also be easily key bound within the game's key bindings menu.
Escape > Key Bindings > Raid Markings.

Max Camera Zoom

/run SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",50)
Last edited by _Chloe on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_Chloe

Postby _Chloe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:57 pm

Hand Spells

Hand of Protection Style Taunt:

/stopmacro [help]
/targettarget
/targetplayer
/targetlasttarget
/stopmacro [harm]
/cast [help] Hand of Protection
/targetlastenemy

Hand of Salvation Taunt (Last Resort):

/stopmacro [help]
/targettarget
/targetplayer
/targetlasttarget
/stopmacro [harm]
/cast [help] Hand of Salvation
/targetlastenemy

Note: These macros make it so you cannot cast it on yourself by accident
Last edited by _Chloe on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Chloe

Time to Wintergrasp

/run local t,h,m,s; t=GetWintergraspWaitTime(); h=floor(t/60/60); m=floor((t-h*60*60)/60); s=floor(t-h*60*60-m*60);DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(h..":"..m..":"..s);
_Chloe

Reserved.
_Chloe

Reserved. Last one.
_Chloe

Postby Inaam » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:54 pm

I think this macro is extremely useful and should be added to the list:

#showtooltip
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

This effectively allows you to taunt your target's target with your 3 man taunt which is only castable on friendly targets. Saves you from changing target.

On that note, i am hopelessly bad at macros, and would like a little advice on creating one. Not sure if i should ask here or make a post, so i shall do bost, pretending that the REAL reason i made this post was to post a helpful macro ;)

The macros i want to make are effectively the same as the one i have posted above, except that they cast Hand of Salvation or Protection instead of taunting. However, i am reluctant to simply replace "Righteous Defense" with "Hand of Protection" because if i am a split second out, and the boss decides it wants to pummel me rather then the cloth mage after all, i will cast BoP on myself. NOT GOOD! I was just wondering if there was a clause you could enter that could perhaps prevent the spell from being ast on yourself. I have some vague idea that i could do something like: "Get targettarget, if self=true, end macro" or somesuch, but i have no idea how i would word it properly.

So: Thank you in advance and kudos for a great topic!
Inaam

Postby _Chloe » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:09 pm

That isn't needed anymore as of 2.3 or 2.4 I can't remember. That function was folded into the spell itself.
_Chloe

Postby Inaam » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:41 pm

Ah - good to know. However, if i am not mistaken, will it still only taunt one mob, whereas if there are 3 attacking, say, a healer, it will taunt (up to) 3?
Inaam

Postby _Chloe » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:57 pm

Nope. Still taunts 3.
_Chloe

Postby majiben » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Is there a way to tell an activity to occur only if there was no modifier?
Also could you briefly go over scroll over macros?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Kethion » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Majiben wrote:Is there a way to tell an activity to occur only if there was no modifier?
Also could you briefly go over scroll over macros?
/cast [nomodifier] spellname(rank X)
Scroll over = mouseover? If so, then here's an overview.

First off, the parameter used to make a macro target the mouseover target is [mouseover]. The form is (for a spell):
/cast [mouseover] spellname(rank X)
If no rank is specified, it will assume max rank. If you want to include other parameters, which I am guessing Chloe will include in the main post later, you can add them in the brackets with a commas separating each one. For the sake of simplicity, I will say that you pretty much always want the [exists] parameter tied with in a mouseover macro ([nodead] is nice too). The reasoning for this is that a macro will stop running if it runs into something it can't do, and exists puts a check to see if you actually have a mouseover target, and only attempting to run that portion if it returns true. I also generally add in an emtpy set of brackets after the first set of parameters so that if I don't have a mouseover target, the spell will instead just hit my current target. Note the ordering of your sets of parameters is important, because the first one to be found true will go off and the rest will be ignored.

Now, there are actually several ways to get a mouseover target. As far as I am aware, you can use mouse over any unit frame in the game to acquire a mouseover target. In addition, you can mouse over character models in the game itself and it will function equally well. I personally tend to use frames for friendly spells, like SS and heals, and then mouse over actual models for hostile spells, like taunts, AS, etc...

You can use mouseover macros to add flexibility to most any spells that require a target. I currently use mouseovers for all heals, beacon, cleanse, SS, taunts, and hand spells. Branching out from my paladin I use a macro that either shield bashes or pummels my mouseover target (if nothing is moused over, then just my target), pending the stance on my warrior. I also have a charge/intervene macro set up with mouseover parameters as well.

Here are just a few of the macros I use personally:
#showtooltip
/cast [button:2,target=player] [target=mouseover,exists] [] Holy Shock
The above macro can be replaced with any healing spell, cleanse, beacon of light, or hand spells (my sacred shield macro is a bit different). Note the functionality of the first set of parameters is for self casting if the macro is clicked with the right mouse button.
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,help,nodead] [help,nodead,exists] Righteous Defense; Hand of Reckoning
My taunt macro.
#showtooltip
/cast [button:2,target=player] [target=mouseover,exists] [help,exists] [target=targettarget,help,exists] [] Sacred Shield
My sacred shield macro. In order: self cast, mouseover cast, if target is friendly: cast on them, if target's target is friendly: cast on target's target, plain cast. The plain cast is only useful if you have auto self cast on and you either aren't targetting anything, or your target is hostile and has no current target.
Kethion

Postby culhag » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:17 am

Combining modifiers and mouseover is very efficient. Here's my Add Pickup macro for Sarth3D :

#showtooltip
/use [modifier=shift,target=mouseover,harm] Avenger's Shield; [modifier:ctrl,target=mouseover,harm] Hand of Reckoning; [modifier:alt,target=mouseover,help] Hand of Protection; [target=mouseover] Righteous Defense
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Garsu » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 am

I'm having a somewhat difficult time getting my 9 second cooldown macro to work.

/castsequence reset=combat/shift Holy shield, Judgement of Light, Consecrate

My 6 second cooldown macro is working fine, but for some odd reason the macro for 9's locks down after Holy Shield and I can't figure out why. I've tried just going with the basic castsequence and removing my reset options, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I'm missing an option enabled in my interface?
Secta - 0/53/18 - US Mug'thol <Relic>
Garsu

Postby majiben » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:56 pm

Any chance you are hitting shift or hitting HS before the pull?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros