Target by threat table for HoSalv?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Target by threat table for HoSalv?

Postby firstamendme » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:40 am

A few of my friends transferred their mains back to my server for Wrath and are walking around in full sunwell gear. I rerolled a tank to play in our casual 10 man guild, but found that, because of the massive gear difference, some of them creep up to me on threat. Hand of Salvation became incredibly useful, but I was wondering if there is an easier way to use it.

Is there a way to write a macro to target the person currently #2 on my target's aggro table and cast HoSalv? I'm not a fan of mouseover macros as my computer is ancient and laggy with those.

Thanks!
firstamendme

Re: Target by threat table for HoSalv?

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:43 am

firstamendme wrote:A few of my friends transferred their mains back to my server for Wrath and are walking around in full sunwell gear. I rerolled a tank to play in our casual 10 man guild, but found that, because of the massive gear difference, some of them creep up to me on threat. Hand of Salvation became incredibly useful, but I was wondering if there is an easier way to use it.

Is there a way to write a macro to target the person currently #2 on my target's aggro table and cast HoSalv? I'm not a fan of mouseover macros as my computer is ancient and laggy with those.

Thanks!

No, macros must specify a specific target. They made this change to the macro system back in 2.0 to stop addons from making targeting decisions. Decursive was one of the big ones that they didn't like.

However, if you display any sort of raid frame, then using a mod like Clique can allow you to cast hand of salv pretty easily by just clicking on the unit frame.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:21 am

I'm not sure if Omen lets you click on people in its own window to select them. If it does, your next best bet would probably be a mouseover macro and that window.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby majorwoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:32 am

omen doesn't work with clique casting, so I'd assume not with mouseover (they are not raid frames)

I'd love to get omen able to mouseover/salv someone, that would be perfect though
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:35 am

moduspwnens wrote:I'm not sure if Omen lets you click on people in its own window to select them. If it does, your next best bet would probably be a mouseover macro and that window.

I doubt it. If it did allow for targeting then it wouldn't be able to sort because you can't move targeting capable frames in combat.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby VikrumthePally » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:37 am

moduspwnens wrote:I'm not sure if Omen lets you click on people in its own window to select them. If it does, your next best bet would probably be a mouseover macro and that window.

This. I've always wish this could be done.
VikrumthePally

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros