ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby Dimitry » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:55 am

It'd be nice if there was a GUI for collectively managing the rules. I think I'm going to try and come up with a quick and dirty Windows app that will let you batch add, remove, and changes rules. Will post here if I have any success.
Image
Dimitry
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:40 am

Postby Prinia » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Zul'aman, Jan'Alai.
Announces in /ra when someone is hit by the bomb, so everyone can /lol at them!
Code: Select all
SPELL_DAMAGE;;;Fire Bomb;raid;RAID;*target got hit by firebomb!
Prinia
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Prinia wrote:Zul'aman, Jan'Alai.
Announces in /ra when someone is hit by the bomb, so everyone can /lol at them!
Code: Select all
SPELL_DAMAGE;;;Fire Bomb;raid;RAID;*target got hit by firebomb!


Excellent idea. Added, thanks.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby jere » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:04 pm

I could have used this when I was doing the murlocs on Tidewalker and people wouldn't quit healing my warlock.

Leave my freakin warlock alone!!!
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2400
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby Prinia » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Thought of a new one, announces to yourself when you are standing in Malacrass' consecration, not testet yet thou!
Code: Select all
SPELL_DAMAGE;Hex Lord Malacrass;;Consecration;self;WARN;MOVE FROM CONSECRATION YOU R-TARD!
Prinia
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:29 am

Prinia wrote:Thought of a new one, announces to yourself when you are standing in Malacrass' consecration, not testet yet thou!
Code: Select all
SPELL_DAMAGE;Hex Lord Malacrass;;Consecration;self;WARN;MOVE FROM CONSECRATION YOU R-TARD!


Added. Thanks.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Velgarn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:21 pm

Some other potentially useful ones would be Fear and Death Coil, for Nightbane and Gruul (Olm tank). Just to let people know you lost aggro. (I also set it up to do another message once fear was over/dispelled. Granted, anyone seeing a giant dragon running around eating them should get the hint, but you never know... :lol:
Velgarn
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:14 am

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:06 pm

Velgarn wrote:Some other potentially useful ones would be Fear and Death Coil, for Nightbane and Gruul (Olm tank). Just to let people know you lost aggro. (I also set it up to do another message once fear was over/dispelled. Granted, anyone seeing a giant dragon running around eating them should get the hint, but you never know... :lol:


Fears no longer drop aggro, but yeah, I can look into that.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Wyleai » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 pm

I'd like to suggest that you bug the author to let us set flags to have it ignore things triggered by us.

So; call out event X unless I am the one who does X.
Image
Image
User avatar
Wyleai
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:05 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Wyleai wrote:I'd like to suggest that you bug the author to let us set flags to have it ignore things triggered by us.

So; call out event X unless I am the one who does X.


Already done. No response as of now.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Krasas » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:26 am

Maybe someone else has asked about this I don't know. But does this do taunt resists? If so what would the code look like?
Krasas
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 2:08 am

Postby Kwelzenda » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Is there any way to get this to report out to SCT by any chance? I don't have the chat bubbles on (tend to clutter my already over-filled screen lol), and don't generally watch the chat frame when combat is going on. Instead I have certain events report out to SCT combined with what is being said in Vent.
Kwelzenda
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:50 pm

Kwelzenda wrote:Is there any way to get this to report out to SCT by any chance? I don't have the chat bubbles on (tend to clutter my already over-filled screen lol), and don't generally watch the chat frame when combat is going on. Instead I have certain events report out to SCT combined with what is being said in Vent.


Nope.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Krasas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:26 pm

Krasas wrote:Maybe someone else has asked about this I don't know. But does this do taunt resists? If so what would the code look like?
Krasas
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 2:08 am

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:59 am

How to Announce the Daeden on EoS P2?

Like "don't get yourself killed now! Daeden reflected!"
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby dunnark » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:42 am

Anybody know/remember the buff applied by Commendation of Kael'thas to include in this code?
Image
User avatar
dunnark
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:12 pm

Postby JoCald » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:29 am

dunnark wrote:Anybody know/remember the buff applied by Commendation of Kael'thas to include in this code?


Evasive Maneuvers
JoCald
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 am

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Krasas wrote:
Krasas wrote:Maybe someone else has asked about this I don't know. But does this do taunt resists? If so what would the code look like?


This could be done very easily for warriors and druids, but for Paladins, not as easily. The reason is, for druids and warriors, their taunts would look like this:
    Warrior casts Taunt on Enemy.
    Enemy is afflicted by Taunt.
    Taunt fades from Enemy.
So that's simple. When a taunt resists, it would say:

Warrior fails to cast Taunt due to a resist.

For a Paladin though, our taunt says:
    Paladin casts Righteous Defense on RaidMember.
    Mob1 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.
    Mob2 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.
    Mob3 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.
The difference is that there's no single line of the combat log that includes the spell (Righteous Defense), the caster (you), and the fact that it was resisted. You could easily make one that would announce when anybody's Righteous Defense is resisted, but until new functionality is added (as far as I know), there isn't a way for it to announce Paladin taunt resists.

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:How to Announce the Daeden on EoS P2?

Announce what about Deaden? That it's begun casting? That it landed? Or that it was reflected successfully?

dunnark wrote:Anybody know/remember the buff applied by Commendation of Kael'thas to include in this code?


/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;PlayerName;Evasive Manuevers;;SAY;8% more dodge!
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Vestori » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:36 pm

is there any way to raid warning announce?
Vestori
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:05 am

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Vestori wrote:is there any way to raid warning announce?


Yep. Mark the channel as "RW".
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:30 pm

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;YourName;Righteous Defense;;*source taunted from me.

I get an error (the player is not playing or so)
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:37 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Krasas wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:How to Announce the Daeden on EoS P2?

Announce what about Deaden? That it's begun casting? That it landed? Or that it was reflected successfully?



Who gets it as RW

If you see: MT is affected by daeden you know: Owl Shit. If it is the Mob you know: DON'T KILL YOURSELF
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;YourName;Righteous Defense;;*source taunted from me.

I get an error (the player is not playing or so)


I'll have to test it further, then. I thought it would work.

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Announce what about Deaden?
Who gets it as RW


/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Deaden;raid;*target hit by Deaden.

That should do it. I haven't tested it, though. Let me know how it works out.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:12 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;YourName;Righteous Defense;;*source taunted from me.

I get an error (the player is not playing or so)


I'll have to test it further, then. I thought it would work.

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Announce what about Deaden?
Who gets it as RW


/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Deaden;raid;*target hit by Deaden.

That should do it. I haven't tested it, though. Let me know how it works out.


I think for the paladin taunt there is a ; to much or so. Have to try, had no time as a tank
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby _Chloe » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:57 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Krasas wrote:
Krasas wrote:Maybe someone else has asked about this I don't know. But does this do taunt resists? If so what would the code look like?


This could be done very easily for warriors and druids, but for Paladins, not as easily. The reason is, for druids and warriors, their taunts would look like this:
    Warrior casts Taunt on Enemy.
    Enemy is afflicted by Taunt.
    Taunt fades from Enemy.
So that's simple. When a taunt resists, it would say:

Warrior fails to cast Taunt due to a resist.

For a Paladin though, our taunt says:
    Paladin casts Righteous Defense on RaidMember.
    Mob1 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.
    Mob2 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.
    Mob3 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.
The difference is that there's no single line of the combat log that includes the spell (Righteous Defense), the caster (you), and the fact that it was resisted. You could easily make one that would announce when anybody's Righteous Defense is resisted, but until new functionality is added (as far as I know), there isn't a way for it to announce Paladin taunt resists.


Following this:
/tjh rule EVENT_NAME;SourceName;TargetName;SpellName;Affiliation;Channel;Spam

You get this:

Code: Select all
/tjh rule SPELL_MISSED;YourName;;Righteous Defense;self;RAID_WARNING;*source resisted/Immune to Righteous Defense.
User avatar
_Chloe
Moderator
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest