Remove Advertisements

ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Postby Nartana » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Alright i've been trying forever to set up a tjh rule for the windwalk enchant proc, any help"?
Nartana

Postby Arees » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 am

Nartana wrote:Alright i've been trying forever to set up a tjh rule for the windwalk enchant proc, any help"?

Code: Select all
try /tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Windwalk;SELF;say;"windwalk is up"

Of course change say to raid or party or whatever you want and make the message whatever you want, but I think that should do it.
Arees

Postby chinoquezada » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=19425

Any chance you can update this at curse.com as well?
chinoquezada

Postby chinoquezada » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:29 am

Found a couple of small wording errors in the edit lua.
- interrupt instead of innterupt and interupt
- Changed the wording on the interrupt.
It now outputs "*Target's *TargetSpell interrupted by *Source's *SourceSpell."
It would, for example, output "Chromatic Prototype's [Blast Nova] interrupted by Tördek's [Silencing Shot]"

ORIGINAL
   elseif string_find(arg2, "INTERRUPT") then
      -- Original
      -- arg7:target of interupt,  arg13:spell name(enemy) , arg4:source , arg10:innterupt spell name
      -- MopA Mod: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=9&t=10819&rb_v=viewtopic&start=405#p645055
      TJH_wait(TJH_timeDelay,TJH_Print,arg7.."'s "..arg13.." ["..arg10.."] by "..arg4..".", TJH_Channel)

MODIFICATION
elseif string_find(arg2, "INTERRUPT") then
      -- Original
      -- arg7:target of interrupt,  arg13:spell name(enemy) , arg4:source , arg10:interrupt spell name
      -- MopA Mod: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=9&t=10819&rb_v=viewtopic&start=405#p645055
      TJH_wait(TJH_timeDelay,TJH_Print,arg7.."'s ["..arg13.."] interrupted by "..arg4.."'s ["..arg10.."].", TJH_Channel);
chinoquezada

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:41 am

I actually played with the syntax of the default interrupt announcement a lot, specifically for Blast Nova. What it outputs now is:

Chromatic Prototype's Blast Nova [Silencing Shot] by Tördek

This is significantly less spammy than your proposed:

Chromatic Prototype's [Blast Nova] interrupted by Tördek's [Silencing Shot]

I would also argue it's easier to parse.

When alternating among multiple interrupters the most important bit of information is who got the previous interrupt, so I've placed it at the end of the line for easy parsing, vs having to pull the name out of the middle. I did have syntax similar to what you've got (per ModA's original edit) and it was horrible in practice.

The misspellings are in a comment line and from the original code, so not a big deal. I will post a version on Curse.

Edit: actually I can't create an account on curse to post this (returns: Bad Request). I'll try again later.

-----
OT re: Nef25: for pillars we have each tank with TJH installed. Tanks are in Groups 1, 3, and 5. The 8 people on Pillar 1 are in G1 and G2, The 8 people on Pillar 2 are in G3, G2, and one person in G4. The 9 people on Pillar 3 are in G5 and G4 (I generally put boomkin, shadow priests, rets, and warlocks into this group as they have inherent damage reduction or self healing; if we run 7 heals for some reason this pillar gets 3. We've had a resto druid soloheal this pillar too (on accident)). Interrupters are in groups 1, 3, and 5. Healers found this setup significantly easier to work with on their Grids and whatnot.

The TJH rule is:
"SPELL_INTERRUPT;;;;party;SAY;;", --

This way you don't spam the interrupts that are happening on the other pillars, and people on each individual pillar can coordinate interrupt rotations without needing to broadcast on vent unless there's an emergency.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Actually I seem to have created a curse account in 2006. I've started a project there and waiting for it to be approved.

Edit: Curse has hoops to jump through to take over an abandoned project; I'll work my way through their system as time permits.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby chinoquezada » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 am

Now that you mention, it is very spammy my way.
I even told one of our rogues to keep his /say interrupt macro to <Name> Interrupted a few days ago, hehe
chinoquezada

Postby golfinguy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Arees wrote:I just used and tested the following rules and they work.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Ardent Defender;self;SAY;Ardent Defender - 20% DR active
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;;Ardent Defender;self;SAY;20% DR faded.
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Divine Protection;self;SAY;Divine Protection - 20% DR active
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;;Divine Protection;self;SAY;20% DR faded.
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Guardian of Ancient Kings;self;SAY;GoAK - 50% DR active.
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Guardian of Ancient Kings;self;SAY;50% DR faded.;12

If you have 4 piece T11 then change the 12 to an 18 in that last rule.

Really liking this add-on.

Unfortunately, Guardian of Ancient Kings does not distinguish itself in prot/ret/holy specs. So I've gone to a very generic message (Guardian up / Guardian down) so I do not confused healers in a raid when running as ret. Seeing a ret pally pop Guardian and announce that he's getting 50% DR blew their minds :wink:

But - the durations are different too, so its not perfect.
golfinguy

Postby Kelaan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:52 am

Could you make it a compound rule so that it only said that if you had both Guardian and Righteous Fury active at the same time?
Kelaan

Postby Pyched » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:38 pm

It looks like this addon doesn't work with today's patch. Does anyone know of a workaround?
Pyched

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:51 pm

They changed the syntax of COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED; the fix is a little weird if you want to do it on your own and need it right now. I've uploaded a new version on wowinterface; just waiting for it to be published.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... clysm.html

Around line 210, on every if(select(#, ...) line, increment the # by 1.
e.g., select(4 becomes select(5 --except the first "if(select(2,..." line -- leave that one alone.

I did a couple cursory tests and it should be fine, but let me know if it goes sideways.

Edit: it's been approved and is available for download.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Kelaan wrote:Could you make it a compound rule so that it only said that if you had both Guardian and Righteous Fury active at the same time?

No, the mod parses individual combat log lines only and has no state management, so it does not know what buffs you have.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Pyched » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:03 am

Okay, I'll download it from wowinterface. Thanks!
Pyched

Postby Arees » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey Fuzzy... any update on getting it uploaded to Curse?

Also, have you added any features or changed any syntax of anything? I stopped playing in January but I'm probably about to start up again.
Arees

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:30 am

Since this is a continuation of an existing mod Curse requires a process; either their process sucks or I did something wrong, because they aren't giving me admin to the existing mod and won't let me create a new one. I've not tried again in a month or so; time permitting I'll start the process again.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros