ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Modus, just out of curiosity, do you use any particular IDE for editing LUA code, or just a text editor? for small stuff I've been using notepad++ but I'm wanting to look at the code a little bit more in depth and see if I can figure anything out about the pyrite and demos.
Arees

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Zeruvar wrote:its working now with mosue overs, thanks :) now to make it announce if sacred shield is out, and hopefully the proc from sacred shield too hehe

Thats listed on the first page of the thread. You have to use the spell ID since both the buff and proc are both called Sacred Shield. You have to do the same thing to announce MD too btw since the hunter and target both get a buff called Misdirection.
Arees

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Grrrr. Evidently taking information from a combat log entry containing a vehicle and finding out whose it is is tougher than I thought. I'm able to determine THAT it's a vehicle, but I'm having trouble taking that and figuring out who's in it.

Anyway, here's the TJH with stacks implemented. It's just another parameter on the end for simplicty's sake.

If you know about the WoW API and can think of a way it can be reasonably implemented, let me know. Also, I think I told my Mac to not put garbage files in that ZIP so if you see anything like "_MACOSX" let me know, although the add-on inside will still be just fine.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Where is the best place to look at the API? The best thing I have found is wowwiki.
Arees

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:Where is the best place to look at the API? The best thing I have found is wowwiki.

That or wowprogramming.com, but I usually use WoWWiki.

I started a thread to ask questions on making add-ons here and it discusses IDE choice. I also just thought of how I could do the vehicle thing. I may do it later, but it's outside the scope of the combat log so I'll probably implement it in my new project but it'd be odd to put that into TJH.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:11 pm

There are several functions on wowwiki that are not documented yet that deal with vehicles that seem like they could work...

seems like it could be done... I'll look into it some and see if its an easy change...
Arees

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:25 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:There are several functions on wowwiki that are not documented yet that deal with vehicles that seem like they could work...

seems like it could be done... I'll look into it some and see if its an easy change...

Well, good luck. My best case scenario includes cycling through raid members to match their vehicle's GUID.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:58 pm

The TJH I posted up included my accidentally deleting the *source and *target replacements. I just reuploaded to the same URL a fix, so if you used that link, re-download.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby coldsin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:58 am

Let me know if you find one that flat out doesn't work, but I do plan to implement something web-based for rule sharing for my new project that will be more helpful.

Modus,
hand of sacrifice not working.
coldsin

Postby Arees » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:24 am

coldsin wrote:hand of sacrifice not working.

What rule are you using and what do you want it to do?

Code: Select all
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Hand of Sacrifice;raid;AUTO;*source has used hand of sacrifice on *taget. Heal *source.;
Will announce when any paladin uses Hand of sacrifice.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Yourname;;Hand of Sacrifice;raid;*target;Hand of Sacrifice on you!;
will whisper whoever you put it on.
Arees

Postby Alppha » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:02 pm

moduspwnens wrote: I've personally tried multiple ways to get Brundir's Overload to announce with no luck. Let us know how it works out.

I have it working since some time. I will try to remember to post it here when I get home, since I usually read these forums at work. =D
Alppha

Postby Alppha » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:40 am

Alppha wrote:
moduspwnens wrote: I've personally tried multiple ways to get Brundir's Overload to announce with no luck. Let us know how it works out.

I have it working since some time. I will try to remember to post it here when I get home, since I usually read these forums at work. =D

There you go.

SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Stormcaller Brundir;;Overload;;YELL;OVERLOAD!!!!!

It triggers at begin and at end of cast, so you will have 2 warnings per oveload
Alppha

Postby Darkler » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:30 am

why does it trigger 2 times?

my
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Stormcaller Brundir;Stormcaller Brundir;Overload;;RW;Overload! RUN!;
only triggers once every overload.

only way i can see it should trigger twise is if it hits someone. looking at the combat log below for first example is brundir getting the buff (ie "casting" overload), and the second one the overload hitting a pet.
SPELL_AURA_APPLIED 0xF1300080590043DD Stormcaller Brundir 0x8000a48 0xF1300080590043DD Stormcaller Brundir 0x8000a48 61869 Overload 0x8 BUFF

SPELL_AURA_APPLIED 0xF1300080590043DD Stormcaller Brundir 0x8000a48 0xF14041AFE300017D Devil 0x1112 61878 Overload 0x8 DEBUFF

hope that helps!
Darkler

Postby Alppha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:51 am

Maybe cuz I dont use target in rule and you do. Anyway, the working rule is there. :mrgreen:
Alppha

Postby Cerbul » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:59 am

The part with Divine Sacrifice Announcement can be done easily by more addons. However, my problem is that I am looking for an addon to be used by paladin classmaster in my case, and which should be able to announce in paladin chanel, when Divine Sacrifice Fades from ppl. I can do that for myself, considering that I am alive everytime aura is removed. But in case I may be dead at that time, I would like some rule that sounds like this:

Announce "Players X Divine Sacrifice Faded", but only once, not for every single person in raid. So would be something like announce only once when Divine Sacrifice faded.
Anyone can help on this?
Cerbul

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros