ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:36 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:I'm slowly learning some of the quirks to this addon. Some of them make sense, like checking for SPELL_HEALING instead of spell cast success (though I would think that it would fire both like in your DP example modus) for healing spells.

Well, the tricky part is that it's not the add-on, or at least it shouldn't be. It just matches things to the combat log. As far as I know, those spells should have a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:25 am

Róuge wrote:Has anyone got a rule to RW when Icehowl in the Beats of Northrend encounter enrages after slamming someone in the wall?

Might be handy to /RW to tell hunters, rogues to tranq him quickily?

I am not sure what the 'aura_applied' Iehowl gains is called, otherwise I could probably work it out myself.

Guessing
Code: Select all
8/5 19:55:46.757  SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,0xF1300087ED001843,"Icehowl",0x8010a48,0xF1300087ED001843,"Icehowl",0x8010a48,66759,"Frothing Rage",0x1,BUFF
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Arees » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:04 pm

I was bored and thinking of rules that would be useful for me and my guild and writing them down. I scanned through all 20 pages of this thread looking for ideas, and I was wondering if anyone could say if this will work. From some of the comments from people, it sounds like this rule wont work unless I am targeting Brundir.

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;Stormcaller Brundir;;Overload;;RW;Overload. Get away;

Also, I am going to make a rule for when a table/cookies go down, something like

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_FINISH;;;Ritual of Refreshment;raid;RW;Mage table is down!;

But I want to make one for fish feast... anyone know if this generates a combat log entry?

Also, I noticed that some people were adding "enemy" into some rules but not others... What is the purpose of this and when is it used? Here is an example.

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;Ignis;;Flame Jets;enemy;RW;Flame Jets - stop casting!;

There was also some talk about variables not working in whispers... I was it to whisper someone if Hand of Salv is cast on them regardless of who csat it. Or whisper whoever isn't moving on hodir, or is standing in the fire/vortex/circle of doom/whatever instead of announcing it to the whole raid. So I have 2 questions... will this rule work, and is there any way (through another addon possibly) to make it now show me whispering the person. If the rule makes me whisper 12 people then I see all 12 whispers.

/tjh SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Hand of Salvation;raid;*target;You have been salved, what your threat!;

Also, is there any way to figure this out besides parsing through the combat log? Can wws show you this since it parses the same combat log file? Manually looking through it for small things where I can turn it on, do the action, and turn it off is fine... but if its something a boss does for example, it is a lot harder to find.

There hasn't been any activity on the project at curse in about a month... Is the author still maintaining it? I would really like the version that does stacks to announce tank switches on kologarn for example.
Arees

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:53 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:I was bored and thinking of rules that would be useful for me and my guild and writing them down. I scanned through all 20 pages of this thread looking for ideas, and I was wondering if anyone could say if this will work. From some of the comments from people, it sounds like this rule wont work unless I am targeting Brundir.

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;Stormcaller Brundir;;Overload;;RW;Overload. Get away;

You'll have to be careful with that specific event. I've personally tried multiple ways to get Brundir's Overload to announce with no luck. Let us know how it works out.

WATERBOYsh wrote:Also, I am going to make a rule for when a table/cookies go down, something like

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_FINISH;;;Ritual of Refreshment;raid;RW;Mage table is down!;

You may be getting a little too overambitious. The rule might work, but there are much more useful things to announce. Once you get good at making these rules, your raid may get tired of it. Keep in mind that there is a "diminishing returns" effect on notifying people of things in similar ways (like chat or raid warnings). The more you hit them with raid warnings, the less responsive they are to the ones that you need them to respond to.

Your mileage may vary, though.

WATERBOYsh wrote:But I want to make one for fish feast... anyone know if this generates a combat log entry?

8/10 20:56:42.873  SPELL_CREATE,0x020000000270D6D8,"Durga",0x514,0xF11002F0A3002796,"Fish Feast",0x4228,57426,"Fish Feast",0x1

WATERBOYsh wrote:Also, I noticed that some people were adding "enemy" into some rules but not others... What is the purpose of this and when is it used? Here is an example.

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;Ignis;;Flame Jets;enemy;RW;Flame Jets - stop casting!;

The affiliations are only partly useful in TJH because functionally they mean "either source or target", which is only situationally useful. "enemy" in the rule you mentioned serves no practical purpose because there isn't a friendly NPC named Ignis running around casting Flame Jets.

WATERBOYsh wrote:There was also some talk about variables not working in whispers... I was it to whisper someone if Hand of Salv is cast on them regardless of who csat it. Or whisper whoever isn't moving on hodir, or is standing in the fire/vortex/circle of doom/whatever instead of announcing it to the whole raid. So I have 2 questions... will this rule work, and is there any way (through another addon possibly) to make it now show me whispering the person. If the rule makes me whisper 12 people then I see all 12 whispers.

/tjh SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Hand of Salvation;raid;*target;You have been salved, what your threat!;

The rule should work. Whispers not working was a temporary problem and is fixed in the latest version. Sadly though, there isn't a way to hide your outgoing whispers while doing it through use of TJH alone, and doing it with another add-on is likely impractical.

WATERBOYsh wrote:Also, is there any way to figure this out besides parsing through the combat log? Can wws show you this since it parses the same combat log file? Manually looking through it for small things where I can turn it on, do the action, and turn it off is fine... but if its something a boss does for example, it is a lot harder to find.

Once you fully understand it, you should usually only have to check the combat log itself when there's quirky behavior. It looks like you're catching on fairly well, so I expect you're in about the same boat. I can't speak for WWS, but my guess is that you'd have trouble getting anything other than a formatted pretty combat log entry, like you would see in the in-game combat log.

WATERBOYsh wrote:There hasn't been any activity on the project at curse in about a month... Is the author still maintaining it? I would really like the version that does stacks to announce tank switches on kologarn for example.

Well, I'm currently in the works of making a kind of "improved" TJH that works, well, firstly on all events from the combat log (filter by AND announce variable), and secondly on all events. I'm hoping to have a beta out sometime late this week or next week, but I have a thread open in this very forum you can check out if you're interested, and I recommend you do. If you understand the power of TJH, I think you'll be as excited as I am at the concept of what I'm trying to do.

Until then, did I not post a link to the TJH I hacked to do stacks? If I didn't, let me know and I'll post it up.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:44 am

moduspwnens wrote:Until then, did I not post a link to the TJH I hacked to do stacks? If I didn't, let me know and I'll post it up.

You posted a link to an html page with the changes that you had made highlighted in yellow. Its no big deal for me to copy/paste the code into the proper lua file. Mainly I was concerned that you may have made more changes since then. If you have somewhere to host your fork of the project, you should do so and give it a version number (independent from the original so no one gets confused), and of course give credit to the original author. Tag it with beta and tell everyone to be careful using it. A version number would let people know if you have made changes though.

Well... I ran it last night in raid and it was a pretty big hit with the other officers. Their favorite part actually was me announcing fish feasts, tables, soulstones, and summoning stones. It worked fine with fish feast, since it doesnt have a cast time, but with everything else it would fire the event as soon as they started to cast it when I used SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS and using SPELL_CREATE fired the event when they started casting, and right when it was created.

Funny story though, I made it announce "Summoning stone is down" and people thought I meant it had stopped working... lol.

There were several events that didn't work like I had expected. For example, the rule I made on Ignis to announce flame jets (mainly for the healers) worked, but the rule for FL and IC (Flame Vent and Overload) that used the exact same syntax, but different spell names did not, even if I had the mob targeted.

For some reason my rule for DI and LoH will occasionally announce backwards... meaning my spam is "*source cast DI on *target" and when I DId the druid it said he DId me.... lol. Oddly enough I reversed source and target and it stilll happened, but then later seemed to fix itself.

We have a custom healing channel that I'm always in as a tank, because I let the healers know who is tanking what. So some of my rules announce stuff for just them, which they all said they really like, One of the things I had wanted to do was announce who was rezzing who after a fight, because not everyone has an addon/macro to do that, which they thought was a good idea. However the rule SPELL_CAST_START;;;Revive;raid;rgahealer;*source is rezzing *target will only display "Utherol is rezzing ".

Another thing I wanted to do was announce who let their pyrite stacks fall off of FL. We've only gotten 2 towers down and we want to go for 3 next week and go for 4 soon after. It works great, but it says that the demolisher itself let the stack fall off and not the person in it. Anyone know any way at all to make *source be the person controlling the vehicle?

One night this week, I need to grab some people in my guild and get out of dalaran, and run the /combatlog and see what all these events produce. If anyone knows the answer to those, then please post... I'll post my findings sometime soon.
Last edited by Arees on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arees

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:46 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Until then, did I not post a link to the TJH I hacked to do stacks? If I didn't, let me know and I'll post it up.

You posted a link to an html page with the changes that you had made highlighted in yellow. Its no big deal for me to copy/paste the code into the proper lua file. Mainly I was concerned that you may have made more changes since then. If you have somewhere to host your fork of the project, you should do so and give it a version number (independent from the original so no one gets confused), and of course give credit to the original author. Tag it with beta and tell everyone to be careful using it. A version number would let people know if you have made changes though.

Sure, I'll upload that at lunch. It won't be to a distribution site, though, it'll probably just be an FTP link to my personal website. TJH by itself isn't too terribly popular and you're the first to actually request it, so I doubt it'll get too much throughput. Likewise, since it isn't updated too often and I'm working on my own project to effectively replace it, I don't see too much value in going through all the legal and ethical hoops, at least to give myself some acceptable amount of credit. It'll likely be exactly the same as the version on Curse, except with a little comment at the top that says "Ohai this is Modus and I changed a couple things kbai".

WATERBOYsh wrote:Well... I ran it last night in raid and it was a pretty big hit with the other officers. Their favorite part actually was me announcing fish feasts, tables, soulstones, and summoning stones. It worked fine with fish feast, since it doesnt have a cast time, but with everything else it would fire the event as soon as they started to cast it when I used SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS and using SPELL_CREATE fired the event when they started casting, and right when it was created.

There were several events that didn't work like I had expected. For example, the rule I made on Ignis to announce flame jets (mainly for the healers) worked, but the rule for FL and IC (Flame Vent and Overload) that used the exact same syntax, but different spell names did not, even if I had the mob targeted.

Keep in mind, firstly, that since TJH works on the combat log, whether or not you have the mob targeted is completely irrelevant except if you have "target" as your affiliation, and even then it's just used to identify mobs, not spells. What you've noticed, though, are combat log quirks which I hope to help iron out with my new project. For all you know, as a normal user, Flame Vents and Overload are starting a spell cast just as Flame Jets is. However, Overload seems to be a channeled spell, and is actually made up of two spells. The first is the one the guy casts, and the second is the one that hits people. They're both named Overload in this case, but could cause some confusion if they were named differently and/or you were using spell IDs.

For Flame Vents, note how the spell is described on the WoWhead page. The first hint is that it shows a buff tooltip and the second is "Apply Aura: Damage Area" "Value: 3000 every 1 second". The final hint (that I could find) is "Cast Time: Instant". This spell likely has odd mechanics, but there are a few things you can be sure of. First, it will give him a buff while active, so you can probably just use SPELL_AURA_APPLIED to alert when he casts it. Second, the cast time is instant, so you definitely won't want to use SPELL_CAST_START, but may want to use SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS. It can't be a channeled spell because he moves while using it, but that is its basic behavior. That makes it somewhat of an oddity.

If you still have trouble with Overload, I believe it also gives Brundir a buff called "Overload".

WATERBOYsh wrote:For some reason my rule for DI and LoH will occasionally announce backwards... meaning my spam is "*source cast DI on *source" and when I DId the druid it said he DId me.... lol. Oddly enough I reversed source and target and it stilll happened, but then later seemed to fix itself.

Post it here and I'll take a look at it, but this is likely a case of TJH's use of affiliation as "source or target."

WATERBOYsh wrote:We have a custom healing channel that I'm always in as a tank, because I let the healers know who is tanking what. So some of my rules announce stuff for just them, which they all said they really like, One of the things I had wanted to do was announce who was rezzing who after a fight, because not everyone has an addon/macro to do that, which they thought was a good idea. However the rule SPELL_CAST_START;;;Revive;raid;rgahealer;*source is rezzing *target will only display "Utherol is rezzing ".

That's because SPELL_CAST_START only sometimes gives a target. I'm not sure why, but I will be finding out. For now, you can virtually never count on it for enemy spells and only occasionally count on it for friendly ones. It should be fairly consistent about which spells/events do it, though. This is something I hope to address with my new project, but it won't be done through the combat log, so TJH won't be able to help.

WATERBOYsh wrote:Another thing I wanted to do was announce who let their pyrite stacks fall off of FL. We've only gotten 2 towers down and we want to go for 3 next week and go for 4 soon after. It works great, but it says that the demolisher itself let the stack fall off and not the person in it. Anyone know any way at all to make *source be the person controlling the vehicle?

Let me see if that's something I can't hack into TJH in the meantime, but you definitely can't do it with TJH now. Recount does it, so it's definitely possible, though.

WATERBOYsh wrote:One night this week, I need to grab some people in my guild and get out of dalaran, and run the /combatlog and see what all these events produce. If anyone knows the answer to those, then please post... I'll post my findings sometime soon.

Probably a good idea. I do it in raids, too, and am keeping a "combat log collection" for reference when implementing my new project.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby coldsin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:35 am

can any u good ppl post some working rules for pallies like Hand of Salvation,Hand of Sacrifice,Hand of Protection,Divine Shield and Divine Protection.

thank you
coldsin

Postby jere » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am

coldsin wrote:can any u good ppl post some working rules for pallies like Hand of Salvation,Hand of Sacrifice,Hand of Protection,Divine Shield and Divine Protection.

thank you

Check the first page of the thread.
jere

Postby coldsin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:02 am

tried some the rules not working.
coldsin

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:02 am

coldsin wrote:can any u good ppl post some working rules for pallies like Hand of Salvation,Hand of Sacrifice,Hand of Protection,Divine Shield and Divine Protection.

thank you

There are good ones for Divine Protection available on the front page, but here they are:

Divine Protection cast:
    /tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Divine Protection;self;YELL;Shield wall up!
Divine Protection fades:
    /tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;;Divine Protection;self;YELL;Shield wall over!
For Hand of Protection and Hand of Salvation, I use:

Hand of Protection cast:
    /tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Hand of Protection;;*TARGET;HoP'd.
Hand of Salvation cast:
    /tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Hand of Salvation;;*TARGET;Salv'd.
For Hand of Sacrifice I use:

Hand of Sacrifice cast:
    /tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;PlayerName;;Hand of Sacrifice;raid;*TARGET;Hand of Sac up for 12 seconds.
Hand of Sacrifice fades:
    /tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;PlayerName;;Hand of Sacrifice;raid;*TARGET;Hand of Sac fades.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby coldsin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am

thank you moduspwnens u great helper ;)
coldsin

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 am

coldsin wrote:
jere wrote:

thank you

Check the first page of the thread.

tried some the rules not working.

Let me know if you find one that flat out doesn't work, but I do plan to implement something web-based for rule sharing for my new project that will be more helpful.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Zeruvar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:11 pm

im bad with setting up addons, been trying to make an event where it announces who im using beacon of light on,

so far ive tried

spell_aura_applied;zereena;;beacon of light;target;say; Beacon on *target!. am i doing it wrong?

edit

nvm it worked, but i have to target the person im casting beacon on. is there a way to work around this, since i macro beacon as a castover using grid?

also is there a way to also make an even where it will let me know if a raid member loses Beacon of light and sacred shield?
thanks a lto for any help
Last edited by Zeruvar on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeruvar

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Zeruvar wrote:spell_aura_applied;zereena;;beacon of light;target;say; Beacon on *target!. am i doing it wrong?

What happens when you cast beacon with that rule? First off, make sure the addon is actually turned on by doing "/tjh on". If thats not the problem, try
SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Zereena;;Light's Beacon;raid;say;Beacon on *target!;
The name of the buff that goes on the casting Paladin is Beacon of Light (I think), but the buff that appears on the person you cast it on is called Light's Beacon.

Also, don't use target as the affiliation, because you might want to beacon someone without targeting them. From what I can tell, using raid will still work correctly even if you are in a party (like for a 5 man).
Arees

Postby Zeruvar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:24 pm

its working now with mosue overs, thanks :) now to make it announce if sacred shield is out, and hopefully the proc from sacred shield too hehe
Zeruvar

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Modus, just out of curiosity, do you use any particular IDE for editing LUA code, or just a text editor? for small stuff I've been using notepad++ but I'm wanting to look at the code a little bit more in depth and see if I can figure anything out about the pyrite and demos.
Arees

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Zeruvar wrote:its working now with mosue overs, thanks :) now to make it announce if sacred shield is out, and hopefully the proc from sacred shield too hehe

Thats listed on the first page of the thread. You have to use the spell ID since both the buff and proc are both called Sacred Shield. You have to do the same thing to announce MD too btw since the hunter and target both get a buff called Misdirection.
Arees

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Grrrr. Evidently taking information from a combat log entry containing a vehicle and finding out whose it is is tougher than I thought. I'm able to determine THAT it's a vehicle, but I'm having trouble taking that and figuring out who's in it.

Anyway, here's the TJH with stacks implemented. It's just another parameter on the end for simplicty's sake.

If you know about the WoW API and can think of a way it can be reasonably implemented, let me know. Also, I think I told my Mac to not put garbage files in that ZIP so if you see anything like "_MACOSX" let me know, although the add-on inside will still be just fine.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Where is the best place to look at the API? The best thing I have found is wowwiki.
Arees

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:Where is the best place to look at the API? The best thing I have found is wowwiki.

That or wowprogramming.com, but I usually use WoWWiki.

I started a thread to ask questions on making add-ons here and it discusses IDE choice. I also just thought of how I could do the vehicle thing. I may do it later, but it's outside the scope of the combat log so I'll probably implement it in my new project but it'd be odd to put that into TJH.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:11 pm

There are several functions on wowwiki that are not documented yet that deal with vehicles that seem like they could work...

seems like it could be done... I'll look into it some and see if its an easy change...
Arees

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:25 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:There are several functions on wowwiki that are not documented yet that deal with vehicles that seem like they could work...

seems like it could be done... I'll look into it some and see if its an easy change...

Well, good luck. My best case scenario includes cycling through raid members to match their vehicle's GUID.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:58 pm

The TJH I posted up included my accidentally deleting the *source and *target replacements. I just reuploaded to the same URL a fix, so if you used that link, re-download.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby coldsin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:58 am

Let me know if you find one that flat out doesn't work, but I do plan to implement something web-based for rule sharing for my new project that will be more helpful.

Modus,
hand of sacrifice not working.
coldsin

Postby Arees » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:24 am

coldsin wrote:hand of sacrifice not working.

What rule are you using and what do you want it to do?

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Hand of Sacrifice;raid;AUTO;*source has used hand of sacrifice on *taget. Heal *source.;
Will announce when any paladin uses Hand of sacrifice.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Yourname;;Hand of Sacrifice;raid;*target;Hand of Sacrifice on you!;
will whisper whoever you put it on.
Arees

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros