Remove Advertisements

ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby andz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:41 pm

Why isn't it possible to enter a slash command in the customizable output-window? Every time I try it just gives me the /command bla in the chat, but is not executing it.
andz

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:42 pm

andz wrote:Why isn't it possible to enter a slash command in the customizable output-window? Every time I try it just gives me the /command bla in the chat, but is not executing it.

I don't know, I didn't write the addon. I assume, though, that it may be a limitation from Blizzard, because if we could /use things this way, it could get pretty automated.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby andz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:47 pm

Yeah well right, didn´t know they removed that too, makes sense. Never used /cast bla or anything like that, only chat commands however could be the game handels them the same way. Next time I´ll try /script SendMessage(bla), see if that will work.
andz

Postby Felk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:37 am

I was making some flood stuff for my heroic runs with pugs, but i need some help with some adjusts. I am not sure if they work 100%

The Nexus

-Grand Magus Telestra
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;Grand Magus Telestra;?;Ice Nova;?;YELL;
-Anomalus
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Anomalus;?;Arcane Attraction;party;SAY;
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Anomalus;?;Create Rift;?;YELL;Destroy the Rifts
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Anomalus;?;Spark;party;SAY;Spark on *target
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;?;Anomalus;Rift Shield;?;YELL;Anomalus is immune! Kill The Rifts!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;?;Anomalus;Rift Shield;?;YELL;Back to Him!
-Ormorok the Tree-Shaper
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;?;Crystal Spikes;?;SAY;
/tjh rule SPELL_DAMAGE;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;?;Crystal Spikes;party;YELL;*target Spiked! Fail!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;?;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;Spell Reflection;?;YELL;Spell Reflection! Stop Cast!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;?;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;Spell Reflection;?;YELL;Spell Reflection ended!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;?;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;Frenzy;?;SAY;Frenzy! OMG!
-Keristrasza
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;Keristrasza;?;Crystalfire Breath;?;YELL;Breath!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Keristrasza;?;Crystallize;?;YELL;Dispell Crystalize
/tjh rule SPELL_DAMAGE;?;?;Intense Cold;party;YELL;*target Move!
/tjh rule SPELL_DAMAGE;Keristrasza;?;Tail Sweep;party;RW;Tail Sweep on *target the Terribad!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;?;Keristrasza;Enrage;?;SAY;She's Enraged.

PS:. Remember to remove the ? mark for the correct command. Used that because i was getting confused.
Felk

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:59 pm

Felk wrote:I was making some flood stuff for my heroic runs with pugs, but i need some help with some adjusts. I am not sure if they work 100%

You've got quite a few. They'll probably annoy your group.

The Nexus

Felk wrote:-Grand Magus Telestra
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;Grand Magus Telestra;;Ice Nova;;YELL;

For some reason, I have trouble with using SPELL_CAST_START. Generally I just use SPELL_CAST. It works for this kind of thing.

Felk wrote:-Anomalus
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Anomalus;;Arcane Attraction;party;SAY;
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Anomalus;;Create Rift;;YELL;Destroy the Rifts
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Anomalus;;Spark;party;SAY;Spark on *target
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Anomalus;Rift Shield;;YELL;Anomalus is immune! Kill The Rifts!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Anomalus;Rift Shield;;YELL;Back to Him!

I haven't checked the spell names, but yeah, it looks like those would probably work.

Felk wrote:-Ormorok the Tree-Shaper
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;;Crystal Spikes;;SAY;
/tjh rule SPELL_DAMAGE;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;;Crystal Spikes;party;YELL;*target Spiked! Fail!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;Spell Reflection;?;YELL;Spell Reflection! Stop Cast!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;Spell Reflection;?;YELL;Spell Reflection ended!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Ormorok the Tree-Shaper;Frenzy;?;SAY;Frenzy! OMG!

These also look good.

Felk wrote:-Keristrasza
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;Keristrasza;;Crystalfire Breath;;YELL;Breath!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Keristrasza;;Crystallize;;YELL;Dispell Crystalize
/tjh rule SPELL_DAMAGE;;;Intense Cold;party;YELL;*target Move!
/tjh rule SPELL_DAMAGE;Keristrasza;;Tail Sweep;party;RW;Tail Sweep on *target the Terribad!
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Keristrasza;Enrage;;SAY;She's Enraged.

Looks like this would work. Using a SPELL_DAMAGE announcement for Intense Cold would be ridiculous, though.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Felk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:50 am

What can I use instead of spell_damage when the boss throw random poisons?
And what can I use to announce debuff stacks
aura(1) aura (2) ... with diferent command lines? I tried before but i failed somewere.
Felk

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:23 am

Felk wrote:What can I use instead of spell_damage when the boss throw random poisons?

I don't understand.

Felk wrote:And what can I use to announce debuff stacks
aura(1) aura (2) ... with diferent command lines? I tried before but i failed somewere.

SPELL_AURA_APPLIED will work, as long as you don't use a custom output string. It'll announce "Moduspwnens is afflicted by Intense Cold (3)." Or 2, or whatever. There isn't currently a way to ONLY announce when you have a certain number of debuffs, though.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Felk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:40 am

Lemme try to explain better
Boss cast spell at random players. is there a way to announce this besides using SPELL_DAMAGE, who tracks all damage from that spell if i want. But i wanted to announce when he targets someone and cast ( i hope you get it ).
This question is for the 2nd boss of Utgarde pinnacle who stacks a debuff that decreases 10k hp each cast and throw some random poison spikes.
Felk

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:48 am

Felk wrote:Lemme try to explain better
Boss cast spell at random players. is there a way to announce this besides using SPELL_DAMAGE, who tracks all damage from that spell if i want. But i wanted to announce when he targets someone and cast ( i hope you get it ).
This question is for the 2nd boss of Utgarde pinnacle who stacks a debuff that decreases 10k hp each cast and throw some random poison spikes.

Yeah, just use SPELL_CAST.

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST;BigBadBoss;;Hand of Death;;SAY;BigBadBoss is casting Hand of Death!
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Conaan! » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:15 pm

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Sacred Shield;raid;self;*target gains sacred shield

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;;Sacred Shield;raid;self;*target lost sacred shield

its nice for when healing

(self spam for who gets and when it wears off)
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Conaan! wrote:/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Sacred Shield;raid;self;*target gains sacred shield

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;;Sacred Shield;raid;self;*target lost sacred shield

I have tried this, but since Sacred Shield is the name of NOT JUST the buff that is gained when you cast it, BUT ALSO the buff that's gained because of the buff, it gets spammy and confusing. Does this not do that?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Conaan! » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:13 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Conaan! wrote:/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Sacred Shield;raid;self;*target gains sacred shield

I have tried this, but since Sacred Shield is the name of NOT JUST the buff that is gained when you cast it, BUT ALSO the buff that's gained because of the buff, it gets spammy and confusing. Does this not do that?

hmm, alright, well they should have different spell ID's, does your program work with spell ID's? that would fix the problem
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Phose » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Hia, really love this addon...when I remember to enable it :/
is there anyway to have it enable as soon as I log on?
Phose

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Phose wrote:Hia, really love this addon...when I remember to enable it :/

It should be doing this anyway. There was a version a long time ago that didn't. I'd say update it to the latest version and try again.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Phose » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:59 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Phose wrote:Hia, really love this addon...when I remember to enable it :/

It should be doing this anyway. There was a version a long time ago that didn't. I'd say update it to the latest version and try again.

Emm, where can I get the newest version? The link to curse isn't working.

EDIT: Nvm, got it :)
Phose

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros