Remove Advertisements

ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Added those. Thanks!
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Grenmaju » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:13 pm

just found this myself thakns for the awsom rules !
Image
User avatar
Grenmaju
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Postby vschiano2008 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:45 am

working with 3.0.2/(3.0.3)???

i was looking for EXACTLY this.

also- can it be set up to tell you if you certain special abilities up (ie) Tell you when Art of War is up and you have an instant flash of light up?
vschiano2008
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 am

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 am

vschiano2008 wrote:working with 3.0.2/(3.0.3)???

i was looking for EXACTLY this.

also- can it be set up to tell you if you certain special abilities up (ie) Tell you when Art of War is up and you have an instant flash of light up?


It works for 3.0.2, and as far as I know, there weren't any major UI changes in 3.0.3. I'd expect it to work for 3.0.3.

If there's a combat log entry for it, yes.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby andz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:52 pm

I was missing the feature to whisper to target.
However after a 15 Minute .lua crashcourse and my old "You have the Stone"-Macro from Vashj the results were:

Open with Wordpad:
\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ThatJustHappened\ThatJustHappened.lua

Search for:
Code: Select all
   elseif channel == "SAY" then
      SendChatMessage(msg, channel);


Add after:
Code: Select all
elseif channel == "TARGET" then
      if UnitName("target") ~= nil then
         if UnitIsFriend("player","target") then
            if UnitIsPlayer("target")then   
               SendChatMessage(msg, "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("target"));
            end
         end
      else
         DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(yellow..msg);
      end


Safe file.
(Re-)start WoW.

Now by writing TARGET instead of YELL ect. the target gets a whisper. If no target is specified you will get the message, in all other cases there will be no message.
iex: /tjh rule SPELL_CAST_START;MyName;;Lichtblitz;;TARGET;Haha i can heal and Tank!
(Which will spam like crazy, just an example.) ^^
Use, of course, at your own risk, ect. pp.
Should not work if you are using any sort of Unitframe-klicking-stuff, could be added by focus whisper or stuff like that, however my lua knowledge fails at this point. ^^
Last edited by andz on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andz
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:59 pm

andz wrote:stuff


I love you. I've been wanting this feature forever!

Oh, wait, is it whispering MY target, or the target of the SPELL?
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby andz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Your target. ^^ Its of limited use, but i use it for my Hand of Sacrifice and Hand of Salvation and things like that.
andz
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:14 pm

andz wrote:Your target. ^^ Its of limited use, but i use it for my Hand of Sacrifice and Hand of Salvation and things like that.


Meh. lol
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby andz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:10 pm

If you grab arg7 in EventScan() and make some if-then checks to avoid errors, and assign it to another temporary variable, i manage to get it to DefualtChat, however fail miserably when try to whisper.
andz
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Postby Fathammer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:55 pm

So could you create one that has all your rules in it already so that all we had to do was download your copy and all of them are already in it??
Fathammer
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Postby _Chloe » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:33 pm

moduspwnens, is the original author still updating this? I could make a SVN patch file and send it to him with this feature in there.... and make it work using the target of your spell.
User avatar
_Chloe
Moderator
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Postby dmok » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:27 pm

My respect for this addon increased two-fold after last night's BT raid.

We have 1 paladin tank in our guild who runs semi-regularly with us, and is fairly well geared. Well, he cannot stand not being the best tank for the job (despite being absent for 2 months, during which time I geared up and surpassed him). As such, he constantly taunts to increase his threat against mobs I am tanking and at least "look" like he has pulled aggro over even me.

Well, to help solve this issue I simply added the righteous defense rule to announce to /say *Source has used Righteous Defense!

I think it goes without saying that after seeing that spammed like 8 times in 3 pulls, it rarely appeared for the rest of the raid, as did the number of mobs he was tanking.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 am
Location: The Scryers

Postby trellian » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:09 am

This is working great! the 'Stunned' messages work extremely well to notify healers that i'm about to take a lot more damage. Lifesaver in BT for sure.

I have one issue with the taunt rules though. I removed the 'name' requirement, cuz I run with several different tanks, and it also helps me see it in pugs.

However, it now spams (have target set to SELF just in case ;)) that hunters' pets are taunting. Unsuccessfully ofc, cuz my threat is way higher, but still. When I ask the hunters they ensure me their pets aren't using their taunt. I am a bit unsure about what to believe though.
Sofar I have seen it on Cat and RockHound pets (if that's any helpfull).

Can anyone confirm that it's a bug or are these hunters just lieing to me?
User avatar
trellian
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Silvermoon, EU

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:15 am

trellian wrote:This is working great! the 'Stunned' messages work extremely well to notify healers that i'm about to take a lot more damage. Lifesaver in BT for sure.

I have one issue with the taunt rules though. I removed the 'name' requirement, cuz I run with several different tanks, and it also helps me see it in pugs.

However, it now spams (have target set to SELF just in case ;)) that hunters' pets are taunting. Unsuccessfully ofc, cuz my threat is way higher, but still. When I ask the hunters they ensure me their pets aren't using their taunt. I am a bit unsure about what to believe though.
Sofar I have seen it on Cat and RockHound pets (if that's any helpfull).

Can anyone confirm that it's a bug or are these hunters just lieing to me?


If their pets were taunting, wouldn't it be picked up in the combat log? I'd think maybe WWS or even a quick manual parse would show it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby trellian » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:18 am

Fridmarr wrote:If their pets were taunting, wouldn't it be picked up in the combat log? I'd think maybe WWS or even a quick manual parse would show it.



True,I'll try and do a manual one tonight. Though from what I can tell TJH is nothing more then what i'd do manually.

Could it be the new pets have spells that are called growl or taunt aswell, but are not actual taunts?
User avatar
trellian
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Silvermoon, EU

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?