Remove Advertisements

Addon for tracking specific boss ability

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Addon for tracking specific boss ability

Postby Ironshield » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 am

Can anyone recommend a good addon for tracking specific boss abilities cast and /or cooldown? I now DBM will do some CD tracking but sometimes I'd like to track one CD more prominently, eg triple puncture, and maybe move just that bar, AFAIK I cant tweak DBM to that level. Also I'd like to be able to get a cast bar for something like Snapping Bite that I can put in the middle of my screen, I'm trying out Gnosis for this but it's a bit clunky and unintuitive. Any recommendations that I should try out?

Basically this is all about timing ShotR (and maybe interrupts) without having to look in 5 different places while also watching my feet etc...
Ironshield

Re: Addon for tracking specific boss ability

Postby samsara » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 am

i use bigwigs, for most boss abilities it allows you to "highlight" spezific spells where you get a special raidwarning or in case of triple puncture a voice counts down from 5 , this normaly gives you enough time to pool hp for sotr, but you sometimes have to take a look onto the swipe ability as this seems more priority than triplepuncture so if both comes on the same time he will do swipe and shortly after the triple punct.
samsara

Re: Addon for tracking specific boss ability

Postby daishan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:21 am

I find BigWigs a little better than DBM, still can't move just one bar afaik but can emphasise any timer bar you want so it'll do an audio count down.
I use Gnosis for cast bars and often make custom white lists for stuff that needs interrupting.

As for stuff like snapping bite where I won't always be targeting the boss when he casts it, I've made myself a Weak Aura that flashes up a big red icon and makes a punch sound at the start of the cast.

If you don't use Weak Auras yet give it a try, I find it by far the most versatile and useful addon I've ever had.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros