(H) PVP Looking for geared prot pally

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

(H) PVP Looking for geared prot pally

Postby Tuhata » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:20 am

Need a geared prot pally ready to do hyjal. Need someone that can make 4-5 raids per week.

Bloodforge Clan 5/6 SSC,3/4 TK and 2/5 MH

We are on the server Bleeding Hollow. The Server is an eastern time zone server and PvP of course.

We raid sun-thur 8pm-midnight est.

We use a loot council. We do not use dkp.

We have a solid core of raiders but with 5 days raiding we are spreading out too thin and need to bolster the ranks with more depth.

You can contact me on Bleeding Hollow with a mail or in game whisper or simply reply here. Also you can apply at bfc.guildportal.com.
Last edited by Tuhata on Mon May 05, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuhata

Postby Pillze » Thu May 01, 2008 8:25 am

What kind of role would the prot pally hold in the tanking rotation?

I know thats always a question I have for a new guild.
Pillze

Postby Tuhata » Thu May 01, 2008 10:19 am

I actually use my prot pally as my main offtank. Usually run with 1 prot warrior 1-2 prot pallies and 1 feral druid. Even on fights with one tank like leo the prot pally just slaps on healing gear and heals. I take good care of my prot pallies. One of my prot pallies recently left due to r/l things so looking to replace him with another.
Tuhata

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 01, 2008 1:08 pm

Tuhata wrote:Even on fights with one tank like leo the prot pally just slaps on healing gear and heals.

This is exactly why I rolled a tank.

Tuhata wrote:I take good care of my prot pallies.

Seems a little contradicting.
Last edited by Morpheren on Thu May 01, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Solessa » Thu May 01, 2008 1:09 pm

shouldn't a prot pally be tanking Leo with Avenger shield to pick him up during whirlwind.....and Holy Shield being better for uncrushability....

i am not a healbot that tanks on the side
Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Solessa

Postby Tuhata » Thu May 01, 2008 1:37 pm

What I was referring to is the fact that I kept the prot pally in for the fight and did not replace him with a dps, so he was able to get the loots. My main tank is the one that tanks leo. Yes the prot pally could tank him as well but a prot pally is alot better at doing something than a prot warrior if they are both are in the raid at the same time on the leo fight.
Tuhata

Postby Tzuma » Thu May 01, 2008 1:46 pm

I wish you the best in your search, but I wanted to explain why you are getting some critics, based on your answers to the role question.

There are plenty of poeple out there who wouldnt mind just having a raid spot and getting loot. However, I think the majority of paladins on this board are here because they actually want to tank. Being a tank, and tanking are two different concepts entirely.

The loot is secondary to id vote the majority on this board. They want a bigger purpose than offtank or 'I guess the warrior didnt log on and the feral druid is afk' tank.

I think many of the pallys here at your content level want an MT position, and are fighting hard where they are now for it. If they have to fight and change servers too, whats the bonus?

Again, not trying to be critical, just trying to help with some perspective.
Tzuma

Postby Tuhata » Thu May 01, 2008 2:56 pm

I understand why they are critical and its fine. I was explaining to them the role of the prot pally in my guild. Some guilds have main tank pallies thats fine and they can do that. My main tank happens to be a warrior so, in my guild the role of the prot pally is not main tank. Their have been times when the pally main tanks which im cool with. Mostly though the prot pally in my guild is there to offtank and pick up multiple adds which is thier strength over a prot warrior. I really do not want anyone to get the wrong idea on what we use the prot pally for as well. So if its not to thier likings thats fine and keep flaming if it makes them feel better.
Tuhata

Return to Recruitment