[H-PvP] Seeking additional tank in preparation for Sunwell

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

[H-PvP] Seeking additional tank in preparation for Sunwell

Postby Splug » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:50 am

Greetings, everyone! Well, I may as well start things off with the suggested information from Honorshammer's post, since that's probably the most important information anyway:

Server Name/Time zone/PvP status: Illidan is a PvP server, based on the central time zone. However, due to a heavy presence of coast players, our raid time tends to fall largely into what most people would consider PST-friendly guild. Angry is a horde guild.
Raid times: Angry has five standard raid nights, though on rare occasions Saturday night raids have been scheduled in the past. Baring abnormal circumstances, raids are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights. Raids start at 8pm central and conclude at 1am central.
Expected Role: Ultimately, we are looking to add another full-time tank to our roster, to share an even workload with myself and our other two offtanks. Depending on equipment considerations, we may be forced to start with a somewhat lighter load until the gear gap closes a bit.
Loot system: Angry runs a purely objective bid-driven DKP system for all non-legendary loot. Bidders on legendary drops require unanimous officer approval to bid, and then the distribution is handled by the normal non-legendary loot rules.
Equipment requirements: While we do not have a full list of hard requirements, applicants would be expected to have sufficient equipment to walk into a t5 instance and handle tanking or offtanking a boss, and handle at least trash in a t6 instance. You should have one or more tanking sets composed primarily of Zul'Amon, badge rewards, and T5-quality gear. At least one of these sets should put you over the defense cap while being immune to crushing blows with Holy Shield active. You should have a backup healing set composed of largely heroic, Karazhan, or T4-quality gear. Both sets should be fully enchanted, of course.

After talking a few things over with the other tanks, Angry has decided to open recruitment for an additional tank, and we've decided to add some diversity to our lineup by recruiting a protection paladin. We have five scheduled raid nights, but recently we've run out of content to raid after about four each week (Two and a half for Hyjal and Black Temple, then a night in a T5 instance to work on attunes for reserve members). We are making an effort to rotate which night is given off as well as which is the older T5 content each week. Usually, members lead non-sanctioned karazhan and zul'amon raids on offnights. While we are certainly enjoying the extra time off, we're looking forward to hitting the ground running at Sunwell. We are a fairly quiet and mature guild, and have done everything in our power to keep internal drama to a minimum. As my recruiting officer has stated, we aim to recruit great people and good players, in that order.

Any interested paladins should apply via our forums (either publically in the recruiting section or by private message to myself (Splug)) at www.guild-angry.org . Please be sure to read the "before you post" notes, as that is likely to be your first impression to the guild. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me either in game during non-raid hours, or via a PM on Angry's forums (while I may catch private messages here as well, I'm likely to have a much slower response time than on my guild's forums). Thanks, and have a good day.

-Splug
Guildmaster of Angry

EDIT: Oops, a few more quick notes. While BT/Hyjal attunement is not a requirement, all applicants should have both quests completed through the 5-man components, and applicants who already have one or both vials will have a much swifter tryout than those who do not. Also, if you are applying cross-server, please do NOT transfer to Illidan until I've spoken to you directly and verified you will be getting a tryout. I'd hate to see someone swap servers, leave their friends behind, and then find out we've already promised to try someone else out first.
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:13 pm

Hrm, it would seem transfers to Illidan are currently locked while free transfers to Maiev are underway. As such, my efforts at cross-server recruiting are suspended at this time, I'm afraid.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Return to Recruitment