[US-Any] 531 Paladin looking for more for Siege and beyond

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

[US-Any] 531 Paladin looking for more for Siege and beyond

Postby Nobleshield » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:14 pm

I am an experienced Protection Paladin, having played WoW for around 3 years or so now (I started the week before Patch 3.3.0 was released and picked things up very quickly). I took a break from the game a month after MoP due to starting a new job and came back about two months into Patch 5.2 to rejoin my old guild from Cataclysm. We had issues in T15 (the guild had been struggling on Horridon) and only managed to down Lei Shen on normal mid-August; didn't even bother to try heroics as 5.4 was a couple of weeks away. We've had a string of attendance and performance problems now and have only managed 2/14 normal in T16, and we don't really care about meta achievements or things like Challenge Modes, so I am looking for something more for the rest of MoP and beyond.

NOTE: Out of courtesy I am giving my current guild around two resets to see if things can improve, so please keep that in mind; while I'm entertaining offers I may not jump ship immediately.

To stress this part: I cannot raid past 11PM EST (that's 10PM Central, 9PM Mountain and 8PM Pacific, depending on server time). There are no exceptions to this, sorry!

WHAT I CAN OFFER
  • I'm a knowledgeable player who enjoys challenges and improving. I spend a lot of time (probably too much ) on WoW-related websites to glean as much information as possible from my peers and to make sure that I'm always performing to the best of my abilities in a raid environment. I'm not looking to get carried or get some loot and then leave; I'm looking for a stable and progressive guild in it for the long haul that I can stay with and grow as a player, have fun while downing bosses and make some new friends while I'm at it.
  • I believe that knowledge is power, and I take the time to research fights from as many different perspectives as possible to make sure I know what's going on, even if it doesn't directly affect me. For example on a new boss I'll typically look at a written guide outlining the fight, then watch an overview video, and then try to find a video from my role's perspective (e.g. from a tank PoV) so I know exactly what I have to deal with. Most of the time I'll watch 2+ videos from the same perspective just to make sure that I'm not missing anything. If I'm unsure of a mechanic, I'm not afraid to ask for clarification and I normally learn from my mistakes within a couple of attempts. I can also admit when I screw up and what I can do to fix it for the next time.
  • I can take constructive criticism well, since I always feel that I can improve and do better. I'm still new to analysing World of Logs but I know the basics and am not above posting in the relevant class forums (here and elsewhere; I am also a moderator at MMO-Champion) to get detailed analysis and make sure I'm playing as efficiently as possible.
  • I'm a friendly and respectful person who gets along well with others. I'm extremely reliable, usually on every day in the evenings (barring emergencies and the like of course) and I don't mind helping out guildmates who need assistance.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
  • I am currently Alliance but I would prefer to go back Horde.
  • 10 or 25-man doesn't matter as I've done both in the past; I somewhat prefer the feel of 25-man, but I don't have a preference. My current guild is strictly 10-man (barring Flex) so I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that 25-man is the only "real" raiding.
  • I am specifically looking to remain a dedicated tank. I do have an effective Retribution offspec but it's mostly for questing/grinding purposes, and I've tanked almost the entire time that I've been playing the game. I might consider a DPS position with a good guild, but I would need some work improving the DPS aspect to the right standard as I've primarily been a tank.
  • AVAILABILITY: Mon-Sun 7:30PM - 10:30PM EST, possibly a bit earlier or later for the right guild but no later than 11PM EST. I cannot stress this enough. I work an office job Monday-Friday and don't usually get home until 6PM EST.
  • PVP or PVE servers don't matter, but for PVP servers I would prefer the dominant faction for obvious reasons.

Armory Link: In signature
WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/221107/
BattleTag: Wayniac#1291
Nobleshield

Return to Recruitment