Looking for a guild, H-Ysera us Holy Pally +friend

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

Looking for a guild, H-Ysera us Holy Pally +friend

Postby JabberJack » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi my name is Jabberjack and I'm looking for a guild.

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/y ... ack/simple

About me: I transferred servers from Haomarush to Ysera to play with friends when my Guild on Hao went Belly Up (officer core transferred off.) I was in Ethos and was lucky enough to be part of their team through their kill of 25m Lich King and attempts at hard modes. I was one of their hunters as they had more than enough paladins at the time.

I do actively work at my situational awareness because dying to an avoidable mechanic makes me feel bad. I'd rather dodge the bad and down the boss than die in a fire. I prefer to show up to raids a little early, with my flasks at the ready for the evening. I don't like letting my team down by missing or showing up late to raids.

Because I've had guilds ask, I do use addons. I use DBM, Omen, OmniCC, canthealyou, and Grid. I can heal with out my addons, I just don't like to. I also use bartender, kg panels, button facade and sexymap.

Now I also have a friend that might be interested in coming along. She plays an Elemental Shaman as her main and she's a good player. She's like me in that she's a team player. If you tell her to decurse she will, because being a team player and doing her job means more to her than watching her dps in recount. She runs out of the bad, and is a pleasure to run heroics with because i can count on her to be the dps burning down the fire adds on what's his name with Valiona in Grim Batol. She also strives to improve her dps. In short she's a valuable asset. :)

What I'm looking for:

I'd like a 3 night a week casual raiding guild that's also social (conversations, jokes in guild chat. I like the social side of wow.) I can handle 9-12 hours of raiding with out getting too burned out. I prefer guilds that enforce a time slot for raiding, i can't stay 2hours after the end of raid time because of one good attempt. However I will stay for a few attempts if we're really close to downing a boss. I am a Pacific standard timezone player, on an Eastern standard time server (blame the guy that got me into the game. he told me to play on hao and hao is est.) And anything earlier than 9 or so server is difficult for me to make. 10 server is almost perfect start time for me. I know this makes things really difficult for me to find a guild to raid with, but i'm not willing to pay for a transfer (faction or server) at this time.

thank you very much, Jabbers.

Ps I welcome in game mails or whispers :)
Bummer.
JabberJack

Re: Looking for a guild, H-Ysera us Holy Pally +friend

Postby Cirua » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:04 am

Jabber:

Please check us out; I think we would absolutely fit the bill for what you all are looking for. At the bottom of this message is the "standard here is our information" cut&paste! Reprise has been around for nearly as long as the server as the raiding arm of the Guild of Guilds (only recently created an actual guild to raid due to the guild achievement system)

Hope to hear from you soon!

===================================
<Reprise>
[A] - Cenarion Circle Server
Wednesday: 7:30 – 10:00 PST
Sunday: 7:00 to 10:00 PST
Monday: 7:30 – 10:00 PST

About Us
Reprise is a progression-oriented 25 man raid group that seeks to continually challenge itself on high-end of raiding content. With the successes of the raid in Burning Crusade and then into Wrath of the Lich King, the expectations of taking on the toughest fights in the game is something that can be met, and will be. What we want is not necessarily to be first to kill a boss,&nbsp;but to push ourselves to attempt and defeat the most difficult content in the game. As such, we will always be moving on to new challenges ahead of accumulating items or farming content or chasing non-raid beneficial achievements. Reprise will chase meta achievements for the entirety of the roster and seek to push to take on heroic versions of fights as soon as they are available.

There will be no settling to just farm content, but looking to move forward to push ourselves on the hardest the game has to offer. To be in Reprise, you should want to be better at your class and strive to find ways to do so.

Loot System
Reprise uses the EP/GP loot system. EP/GP is a "relational loot system". Unlike traditional DKP where you earn a made-up curency and use it to buy gear, EP/GP measures the difference between the effort you've put in (EP) and the gear you've received (GP).

Your EP goes up when you raid and kill bosses. Your GP goes up when you get gear. If you divide EP by GP (hence the name), you get your loot priority, or PR. When loot drops we sort the raid members by PR and the interested member with the highest PR gets it. This makes their GP go up, which makes their PR go down.

If you want to read more about the EP/GP system, visit EPGPWeb

About You
We are looking for players who are mature and focused on PvE progression:

You know your class and how to play it well, before signing up for a raid.
You have proper gear level for the raid; gemmed, enchanted and ready to go.
You researched the strategies that the raid will be using for the particular fights that are being tackled that night.
You have the proper mods for raiding (ORA3, Omen, Bossmods, etc) installed and know how to use them to perform most effectively.
You bring all the consumables that you need to perform at the top of your game.
You respect your fellow raid members and bring a positive attitude.
You pay attention to your surroundings and move when you are supposed to move and stand in a group when you are supposed to stand in a group.
You own up to mistakes when you make them; and you will make them!
You are open to criticism and input; and actively provide feedback to the other raiders.
You look forward to raiding.

How to Apply:
Follow the Application Guidelines here: http://guildofguilds.org/application

If you have any questions please feel free to seek out one of the officers and we are happy to answer any questions that you might have:
Raiding Officers
Raid lead/GM – Gradar
Tank lead - Shyeera
Melee lead - Deodan
Ranged lead - Cirua
Heal lead - Jadiera
Strats - Ipajavae

Administrative Officers
Bank/Scheduling – Enaku
Website/Mumble - Adrine
Cirua

Postby Gerunna » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:37 am

Hi Jabber:

It just so happens that I also play Ysera Horde-side, and one of my guild's raid teams is looking to build up some roster depth. I'd encourage you to take a look as it sounds from your post like you'd be a good fit, and if you like what you see then feel free to get in touch with our raid leader Ideus.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby JabberJack » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Gerunna wrote:Hi Jabber:

It just so happens that I also play Ysera Horde-side, and one of my guild's raid teams is looking to build up some roster depth. I'd encourage you to take a look as it sounds from your post like you'd be a good fit, and if you like what you see then feel free to get in touch with our raid leader Ideus.

I think i'll hit you guys up, thank you
Bummer.
JabberJack

Return to Recruitment