Reporting Posts

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

Reporting Posts

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 am

I realize that with the significant changes that our class and the game as a whole is receiving there are bound to be lots of spirited discussions about the merits of these changes. This site is here to facilitate these discussions while also educating folks on World of Warcraft and specifically, Paladin tanking mechanics.

That said, please do not attempt to use the moderators to help you fight your arguments by reporting posts that you disagree with. The moderators are not fact checkers, so if someone posts that Divine Shield has a 15 minute cooldown, please don't report the post for spreading misinformation. Instead, make a post in the thread correcting the error. If the content is more subjective, then you are going to have explain your position with data and/or logic, but reporting a post because something in it is incorrect is not appropriate. In fact, posts with incorrect information are often among the best opportunities to educate the community.

Understand that is a generally mature audience website and that the debates will, at times, get pretty spirited. As long as posts are not personal attacks and stick to the content of the debate, they should not be reported because you disagree them. You should only be reporting posts that break the Code of Conduct or posts that are basically spam/advertisements.

Thank You
Fridmarr
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: Reporting Posts

Postby Thels » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I realize that with the significant changes that our class and the game as a whole is receiving there are bound to be lots of spirited discussions about the merits of these changes. This site is here to facilitate these discussions while also educating folks on World of Warcraft and specifically, Paladin tanking mechanics.

That said, please do not attempt to use the moderators to help you fight your arguments by reporting posts that you disagree with. The moderators are not fact checkers, so if someone posts that Divine Shield has a 15 minute cooldown, please don't report the post for spreading misinformation. Instead, make a post in the thread correcting the error. If the content is more subjective, then you are going to have explain your position with data and/or logic, but reporting a post because something in it is incorrect is not appropriate. In fact, posts with incorrect information are often among the best opportunities to educate the community.

Understand that is a generally mature audience website and that the debates will, at times, get pretty spirited. As long as posts are not personal attacks and stick to the content of the debate, they should not be reported because you disagree them. You should only be reporting posts that break the Code of Conduct or posts that are basically spam/advertisements.

Thank You
Fridmarr


Wait, what?

Can I somehow see the action from my side that caused this report? If you say I made an error somewhere, then I trust your word on that, but I can't for the life of me remember where or what I did.

Nonetheless, my apologies for having caused a problem.

Sincerely, Thels/Zoe.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Reporting Posts

Postby Invisusira » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:09 pm

reported
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: Reporting Posts

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Thels wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:I realize that with the significant changes that our class and the game as a whole is receiving there are bound to be lots of spirited discussions about the merits of these changes. This site is here to facilitate these discussions while also educating folks on World of Warcraft and specifically, Paladin tanking mechanics.

That said, please do not attempt to use the moderators to help you fight your arguments by reporting posts that you disagree with. The moderators are not fact checkers, so if someone posts that Divine Shield has a 15 minute cooldown, please don't report the post for spreading misinformation. Instead, make a post in the thread correcting the error. If the content is more subjective, then you are going to have explain your position with data and/or logic, but reporting a post because something in it is incorrect is not appropriate. In fact, posts with incorrect information are often among the best opportunities to educate the community.

Understand that is a generally mature audience website and that the debates will, at times, get pretty spirited. As long as posts are not personal attacks and stick to the content of the debate, they should not be reported because you disagree them. You should only be reporting posts that break the Code of Conduct or posts that are basically spam/advertisements.

Thank You
Fridmarr


Wait, what?

Can I somehow see the action from my side that caused this report? If you say I made an error somewhere, then I trust your word on that, but I can't for the life of me remember where or what I did.

Nonetheless, my apologies for having caused a problem.

Sincerely, Thels/Zoe.

I'm pretty sure when I made this announcement, 4 months ago, no one person was responsible. I'm guessing that you misread this in some way.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: Reporting Posts

Postby Thels » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:42 am

Ack, lol.

My mistake. I saw this blinking up when I opened my User Control Panel, and thought it was one of those PM/Warning things, and thus directed at me specifically, wondering if I had by accident reported someone.

Sorry, I'm just totally NOT used to this forum's layout. Apologies for bumping this thread. :(
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Reporting Posts

Postby lythac » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:50 am

Global announcements are one step up from stickies on not getting read.

The Global announcements Aergis and Thalia often make on t-shirts have way less views than other posts. And the people who read/post in them often get there from the "view new post" tab. So those who don't use that to read the forums often miss them.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2685
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Reporting Posts

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:54 am

Damn this is too fucking funny to delete it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13437
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy


Return to Recruitment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest