LF Replacement Knaughty! <Ajantis - 12/12> (Oceanic)

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

LF Replacement Knaughty! <Ajantis - 12/12> (Oceanic)

Postby knaughty » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm recruiting my replacement!

Q: ZOMG Why?!
A: Baby #2 is due before the end of August. Mrs Knaughty has generously allowed me ONE night a week for "stupid warcraft addiction!" <Ajantis> is a four-nights-a-week raiding guild where tanks are expected to maintain ~90% attendance. Thus: Retiring from 25-mans.

Q: Who's <Ajantis>?
A: Ajantis are a hard-core raiding guild for adults with lives. We're on Saurfang (US-Oceanic).

Next post will be the guild charter, to give you a feel for the guild.

We raid 8PM till Midnight (Sydney time), Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday & Monday. Members are all adults (18 minimum, most in 20s or 30s). The guild typically runs at about world 500 - we're currently working on LK-hard-25 phase 3 and are hoping for a kill in the next.. ooooh... ten days? We've made it through Frostmourne's room - just need some practice (and no DCs).

While the guild is "hard-core", we don't raid extra nights outside our schedule or go late. It's happened 2-3 times since Sunwell.

We're the server first guild by a mile. Saurfang is middling population, newish hardware, and low lag. It's a nice place to raid.

Q: What do you want from an applicant?
A: Lots.

The guild as a whole requires 75% attendance to hold a spot - we run a total roster of 35-40 people. However we don't run a lot of reserve tanks, so we expect close to perfect attendance from our tanking team - we current have two full-time tanks, including me. You'd need to be super reliable.

You need to be a skilled and geared tank. We're working on LK-hard. We're 12/12 baby! You'll need to be in ICC-25 gear at a minimum - some hard-mode stuff would be a bonus. Ideally, you've 11/12 hard modes, but that's not a absolute requirement. You don't have to be a paladin, but you can't be a bear - our other tank is a druid and I prefer a mixed tanking team. The bear has a preference for a tankadin if we can find one, and he's my replacement as tanking officer.... so, ideally, you're a paladin tank.

You need to be planning to raid in Cataclysm. We're not recruiting just for LK - we've got a reserve tank we can use for just that bit - this is a long-term role for someone who wants to tank 25-man hard modes throughout Cataclysm.

You need to be philosophical about the fact that you might miss the server first LK-kill. It's more likely that myself or the existing reserve tank would be the guy who tanks the first kill. We would definitely expect and require that the new tank learn the encounter and demonstrate the ability to tank stuff that hard.

We expect people to be fairly self-sufficient, to do their own class research and to contribute on the guild forum to develop solutions to raid encounters. Tanks are expected to contribute pretty heavily - we have a unique perspective and are really expected to know our shit. I'm one of the current team - the other tank is a mod developer who builds guild-custom mods for us. You're not required to have a major tanking FAQ or have written a major mod, but you are expected to be the sort of person who can contribute, not just be carried.

Lastly, you need to be able to read, understand and follow written instructions.

Here's the Recruitment Forum
Last edited by knaughty on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Re: LF Replacement Knaughty! <Ajantis> (Oceanic)

Postby knaughty » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Ajantis Guild Charter

What follows is a verbatim copy of our Guild Charter. It's posted here to give you a feel for what the guild is like. Not point applying if you're not going to fit in. Links are redacted, since they are to our private forum.
=================================

You are expected to read this post, the things it links to, and then reply with a simple "Read, Understood and agree to comply" post.

If you have questions or comments on the charter, take them to the Guild Charter Disciussion thread. This thread is not for discussion, it's a record of people agreeing to what Ajantis is and isn't.

What Ajantis Is

We are a hard-core raiding guild that is designed to be compatible with mature, employed adults.

We're not "semi-hard". The primary differences between membership of Ajantis and membership of a Top-100 guild are:
• We only require 75% attendance.
• We tolerate people taking multi-week holidays.
• We do not extend our raid hours during progression.
• We do not require activity outside official raids.
• We tolerate short term connectivity/reliability issues (a week or so)

All this stuff would get you g-kicked from Tsunami, but we are designed for people who are 30-something and have a job/kids. We also tend to suit the uni-student crowd who actually take their degree seriously (the slackers have the time to play in a top-100 guild).

What Ajantis Isn't

Second class. A feeder guild. Somewhere to hang with your mates while you wait for an invite to a "real" raiding guild. A guild that will put up with you not taking raiding seriously.

Utter basics

Read the stickies. These give basic technical guidance to how the guild works, what mods you need, etc.

The Guild Charter

All the stuff listed below is mandatory. If you can't comply with ALL this stuff, it is grounds for removal.

I will read the forum at least twice a week.

We communicate via the forum. You are expected to read it. There are two tools to help you do that:

The "all newposts" search.

The RSS Feed

The officers will frequently go find strategy posts or videos and post them to the forum. You are expected to watch them so we don't have to explain shit to you, or have 24 people wait while you go watch a 10-minute video.

It's mandatory to log on to the forum over the weekend and do your sign-ups.

I will turn up to raids prepared.

The basics: Consumables, enchanted gear, etc, etc.
• I will bring at least 4 flasks for both my specs.
• I will bring a stack personal food, or a stack of fish feasts.
• I will bring at least one stack of potions, possibly a lot more.
• My gear will be fully enchanted and fully gemmed, my profession buffs will be on and my gear will not be embarrassing.
I will be on-time and at the keyboard and not in a group! 7:45 to 8:00 I have one job: Be ready for an invite, or to reply to a "EPGP Standout" spam. [st]Oh, and I won't be bloody PvP flagged either.[/st]

The not-so-basic-but-still-required:
• Know what content we're likely to face. Do some research. The officers will have posted videos & strategies, I'll have watched them in advance. I understand that's the utter minimum, if I have time, I'll do some research and contribute to the discussion.
• I'll know my class and spec. If there's a patch or hotfix, I'll know what I need to change in my rotation or talent tree.
• I won't go randomly AFK every wipe and require yelling in Vent to get a response to a ready check.

I will be constructive, not destructive.
• I understand that the Officers are mostly old farts with no sense of humour, and I'll therefore avoid coming across like a 12 YO with Tourette's.
• AKA: English, Mother-fucker! Do You Speak it?
• If I have an idea, about a raid strategy, then ideally I'll raise it on the forum. If it occurs to me mid-raid, I'll be polite (bit possibly a little forceful) about raising it. I won't do so mid-pull, however....
• I will be scrupulously fair and polite to my guild-mates and to trial members (even if they're not doing so hot on their trial).
• I will remember that text comes across as eleven-point-three times ruder than words in person. I will both try not to offend, and assume that that badly worded post I just read isn't designed to be deliberately rude to me.
• I will remember that the Officers are only human, they don't get paid, and they're doing their best to ensure that 35 or so people get to have fun raiding while still making hard-core progress (because that's why 97.2% of the guild joined). They are trying to manage the collective good of he entire guild, not just my personal fun. So I won't whine at them (too much).
• If I have a problem with the way the guild is run, I will raise it with the officers, if they won't listen or ignore me or whatever, I will do one of three things: (1) STFU. (2) Assume they're busy or right, and save my zomgamazing idea until later. (3) gquit.
• No loot-whoring. Read Rule Zero
No Arseholes! If this is you, expect a prompt G-Kick. Critical line "... have fun, at someone else's expense!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

In raid communication.
• I will buy a goddamn microphone and find my push-to-talk button. Better yet, I'll get a damn headset so I look like a proper raid-dork.
• I will not use the goddamn microphone unless I have something important to say or the officers asked me a question. Especially if the other 24 people are still alive, trying to cover for the fact I'm dead already for whatever reason. I can tell them them my cat is on fire after I get ressed.
I will use my mic if the raid-leader(s) ask me a question. Some officers (*cough* Knaughty *cough*) tend not to read text while they busy tanking the damn boss so if I'm asked "Is your <special> available?" I will press my PTT key and give a 1-5 word answer! Of course, if people would install the damn CD monitor tools Knaughty asks for, this question would never happen...
• I will assume the officers have raid frames up and know who is alive or dead, and know when to use basic raid CDs like Rebirth and Bloodlust. I won't ask for them or use them without being asked.... unless I have a proven track record of not fucking up when I use my own initiative. And I'll live with the fact that when I do use my own initiative, sometimes I'll get praise, sometime yelling, and most of the time they won't say anything.

I will actually be able to raid.
• I will be on-line and available on-time.
• I'll have 75% attendance or better, and that doesn't mean I can skip every Sunday.
• I won't cap my Internet plan
• My PC won't suck
• I won't get drunk, drugged, or play REALLYLOUDDEATHMETAL into my microphone whenever I talk. Oh, and I won't do the hellacious feedback loop thing if I talk at the same time someone else is talking.
• If I use a lot of mods (*cough* Knaughty *cough*) I'll still be able to play, even after a patch, either because I know how to play with base UI or I'll be damn good at rebuilding shit in a hurry on patch night.

I will sign this charter.
• Character
• Date
• "I agree to comply with the principles of the guild, in order to retain my membership."
• In return, I understand the guild will provide me with a pleasant place to do progression raiding.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Re: LF Replacement Knaughty! <Ajantis - 12/12> (Oceanic)

Postby knaughty » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:40 am

OMG Killed LK-25-hard!
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:46 am

Grats on the LK25HM kill!

knaughty wrote:Q: Who's <Ajantis>?
A: Ajantis are a hard-core riding guild for adults with lives.

Do you require any special sort of mount?
Epimer

Postby knaughty » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 am

Epimer wrote:Grats on the LK25HM kill!

knaughty wrote:Q: Who's <Ajantis>?
A: Ajantis are a hard-core riding guild for adults with lives.

Do you require any special sort of mount?

Amani war bear to apply !

JK
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 am

Congratulations, sir. Nice way to retire from raiding.

knaughty wrote:We're not "semi-hard". The primary differences between membership of Ajantis and membership of a Top-100 guild are:
• We only require 75% attendance.
• We tolerate people taking multi-week holidays.
• We do not extend our raid hours during progression.
• We do not require activity outside official raids.
• We tolerate short term connectivity/reliability issues (a week or so)

All this stuff would get you g-kicked from Tsunami, but we are designed for people who are 30-something and have a job/kids. We also tend to suit the uni-student crowd who actually take their degree seriously (the slackers have the time to play in a top-100 guild).

Not all Top-100 guilds are created equal, sir. At least 1% of them adhere to exactly those principles.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby vertinog » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:45 pm

knaughty wrote:Mrs Knaughty has generously allowed me ONE night a week for "stupid warcraft addiction!"

Mrs Vertinog only allows me an hour a day and they can not be saved up for certain nights either :(. I totally under stand this.
vertinog

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:52 pm

You people have horrible wives.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Meloree wrote:Congratulations, sir. Nice way to retire from raiding.

Thanks! We had 6 attempts left on Monday night. Got the kill the first time we had 25 people connected going into Phase 2 - 4th try.
Meloree wrote:Not all Top-100 guilds are created equal, sir. At least 1% of them adhere to exactly those principles.

We just shot up to 11th, Oceanic - NONE of the guilds ahead of us conform to those principles, as far as I'm aware. :(

All of them have longer basic schedules and "burst" for progression out to "however long it takes".

Nice to know we're not alone.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Nikachelle wrote:You people have horrible wives.

Let me refute that for you :)

1. We cleared ICC-normal at 0%. We were 11/12 hard at... 10%? Maybe 15%? Months ago. We assumed we'd be done by 20%, and I agreed with pregnant wife that I'd retire at the end of June. So she's done two extra months of toddler-wrangling while hugely pregnant, allowing me to maintain a full raid schedule, just so I could "Kill my monster". She's due next week...
  2. My ZOMGAWesome Jaguar Pimpmobile? Guess whose bonus we spent to buy it?
Thus: Mrs Knaughty rocks!

You can brag after you buy Invis a Jaguar as a present :P
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Giggitygoo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:26 am

Mrs Vertinog only allows me an hour a day and they can not be saved up for certain nights either . I totally under stand this.

The ex GF tried this crap many years ago. Take care now, bye bye then!

The solution of course is to not have kids and instead get the missus a PC and an account of her own. Works like a charm :mrgreen:

Also, grats on the LK 25H ubber god mode kill.
Shutting the f**k up as of 14/09/2010.
Giggitygoo

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:37 am

knaughty wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:You people have horrible wives.

Let me refute that for you :)

1. We cleared ICC-normal at 0%. We were 11/12 hard at... 10%? Maybe 15%? Months ago. We assumed we'd be done by 20%, and I agreed with pregnant wife that I'd retire at the end of June. So she's done two extra months of toddler-wrangling while hugely pregnant, allowing me to maintain a full raid schedule, just so I could "Kill my monster". She's due next week...
  2. My ZOMGAWesome Jaguar Pimpmobile? Guess whose bonus we spent to buy it?
Thus: Mrs Knaughty rocks!

You can brag after you buy Invis a Jaguar as a present :P

I... I... goddamn you for having the best backup to my comment ever. *shakes fist*
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:46 am

Does that mean you're buying me a Jag

XFR please
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:47 am

Invisusira wrote:XFR please

I don't even know what that means.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Recruitment