Remove Advertisements

WoW Matcher

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

WoW Matcher

Postby Baelor » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:47 pm

I stumbled across this site today: http://www.wowmatcher.com/

This site is a guild recruiter's dream. If the number of users reaches a critical mass, it will take off. The site boasts an incredible search feature to find registered guild-seekers based on availability, time region, hardcore/casual, raid-size interest, class, role, and a host of other options. Guild-seekers have the option to search guilds on very similar criteria. Guilds and guild-seekers can post profiles to search against.

I highly recommend people check it out, guild recruiters and guild-seekers alike.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Re: WoW Matcher

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:53 am

I put my toon on the site and it looks like it could be a great resource if they get enough momentum behind it. Thanks for putting it here!
Doogiehowser

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 am

Very good site. I went ahead and put myself (though I'm not really looking) and my guild on the site. The time scheduling stuff is great. My guild raids late at night, and that has always made finding players or other guilds to work with very difficult. So having searchable scheduling data is really quite a boon. Hopefully folks grasp on to it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Baelor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Glad you guys think its a worthwhile recruiting site.

Talk it up! The only way to get this site to be widely useful is to make it widely known. That's how we got Maintankadin off the ground - posting the URL in our signatures, talking about discussions we're having on the site over on the official forums, etc.

Spread the word. WoW Matcher is by far the best guild recruiting site I've ever encountered.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:31 pm

One warning, for some reason Safari on Snow Leopard crashes pretty regularly on that site. I haven't had any problems with it using Firefox on Windows.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby beornus » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Have registered and established my guild page, but how do my existing guildies get added to the guild page membership? I am not seeing an "add" abilty other than inviting folks through an email or similar tool. I have guildies who have registered but are saying they cannot access guild page. Right now I am not sure how to add them and they don't know how to join. So while I am trying to get it used and going, it has been rough in some of the mechanics. I like the layout and ideas, but some of the management mechanics are not intuitive to me. I assume I am missing something, but need help.

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:10 pm

beornus wrote:Have registered and established my guild page, but how do my existing guildies get added to the guild page membership? I am not seeing an "add" abilty other than inviting folks through an email or similar tool. I have guildies who have registered but are saying they cannot access guild page. Right now I am not sure how to add them and they don't know how to join. So while I am trying to get it used and going, it has been rough in some of the mechanics. I like the layout and ideas, but some of the management mechanics are not intuitive to me. I assume I am missing something, but need help.

I don't think it's meant to be a guild roster. Users register can create a character profile when they are looking for a guild, and create a guild profile when they are recruiting.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby beornus » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
beornus wrote:Have registered and established my guild page, but how do my existing guildies get added to the guild page membership? I am not seeing an "add" abilty other than inviting folks through an email or similar tool. I have guildies who have registered but are saying they cannot access guild page. Right now I am not sure how to add them and they don't know how to join. So while I am trying to get it used and going, it has been rough in some of the mechanics. I like the layout and ideas, but some of the management mechanics are not intuitive to me. I assume I am missing something, but need help.

I don't think it's meant to be a guild roster. Users register and create a character profile when they are looking for a guild, and create a guild profile when they are recruiting.

There is a link on the guild page for listing guild members that are registered with the site and the guild "play style" graphic is based on the compilation of the guild members answers to their personality test for lack of a better phrase, so somehow the guildies are supposed to be able to link into the guild page I made.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelor » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:32 pm

beornus wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

I don't think it's meant to be a guild roster. Users register and create a character profile when they are looking for a guild, and create a guild profile when they are recruiting.

There is a link on the guild page for listing guild members that are registered with the site and the guild "play style" graphic is based on the compilation of the guild members answers to their personality test for lack of a better phrase, so somehow the guildies are supposed to be able to link into the guild page I made.

WoW Headhunter has that functionality. Are you sure this is WoW Matcher that you're looking at?
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby beornus » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Ugh, you are right, I have registered at both and am confusing the two.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:39 pm

I thought this thread was about a dating site for WoW players. I am very glad it's not. Pretty cool site too.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Doogiehowser » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:38 am

I just got my first message about a guild that was recruiting on my low to medium populated server. This is great. I've added it into my signature already. Thanks again for the find Baelor.
Doogiehowser

Postby Baelor » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 am

Apparently World of Raids has a very similar tool available, as detailed by Matticus on his blog.
http://www.worldofmatticus.com/2009/11/ ... aids-tool/
http://www.worldofraids.com/recruitment/

If someone could go check that tool out as well and do a bit of comparison, I'd appreciate it. World of Raids is blocked by my work filters.
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Baelor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:44 am

Bump for tool usage.
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Return to Recruitment