Remove Advertisements

hXccg - Hardcore Christian Gamers Looking for paladins.

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

hXccg - Hardcore Christian Gamers Looking for paladins.

Postby j2industries » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:32 pm

hXccg is a community dedicated to Christians and gaming. We are currently in the process of setting up a guild for WoW. If interested in helping start a guild (raiding and non-raiding) or just want to check us out, please head to http://hXccg.enjin.com
j2industries

Re: hXccg - Hardcore Christian Gamers Looking for paladins.

Postby ulushnar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 pm

It's useful to mention server, timezone, raiding times, faction, etc.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Darkler » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:28 am

according to the link in his post they havent started the guild yet, not even decided if they are going horde or alliance:

the main goal of the guild does seem to be "to witness to" and to "pull players from".
Darkler

Postby Invisusira » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:07 am

1. Tichondrius because it has a high population to both pull players from, and players to witness to.
2. Horde because it seems all the Christian guilds I've seen are usually Alliance. Horde players need witnessing to just as much as Ally players.
Though I highly suggest we all join the same server, it isn't mandatory. This guild isn't here to force you to abandon any friends you have on other servers.... although, you could try and get them to come on over :wink:

Shoving your beliefs in other peoples' faces - it's not just for RL anymore.

These are the kind of people who give organized religion a bad name.
Invisusira

Re: hXccg - Hardcore Christian amers Looking for paladins.

Postby j2industries » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Shoving your beliefs in other peoples' faces - it's not just for RL anymore.

These are the kind of people who give organized religion a bad name.

Invisusira, this guild is just like any other guild, people will join it because they want to. There will be no shoving of beliefs in anyone's face. If they aren't interested, cool, if not, it's all good.

Darkler wrote:according to the link in his post they havent started the guild yet, not even decided if they are going horde or alliance:

the main goal of the guild does seem to be "to witness to" and to "pull players from".

You are correct Darkler. Once we get enough to people aboard who play WoW, we will then decide on the details. As this community has just started, it will be a little slow until we get more numbers.
j2industries

Postby Koatanga » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 pm

As long as the "witnessing to" is limited to people who wished to be witnessed to, more power to you guys.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby j2industries » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Witnessing only works when the person is interested. There is no need to try and share your beliefs with others who don't care. Your time and energy can be spent talking to someone who is genuinely interested.

My focus, for now, is just getting people to join and have fun. Witnesseing and all the other ideas I have will come, but what is a community without people? :)
j2industries

Postby honorshammer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Best of luck to you. Feel free to come back and update us as you get the guild going.

Let's be sure to keep the discussion here on topic. Most of what's gone on in this thread outside of the OP is better left for the Asylym and not Recruitment.
honorshammer

Postby andx » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Question: Say i would like to join, I'm atheist, I'm interested in learning what you guys think for my own amusement, I will not make any comments for or against your beliefs. What would you say to that?
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Honorshammer wrote:Best of luck to you. Feel free to come back and update us as you get the guild going.

Let's be sure to keep the discussion here on topic. Most of what's gone on in this thread outside of the OP is better left for the Asylym and not Recruitment.

You'll find we can be extremely flexible with where we troll.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby j2industries » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:15 pm

andx wrote:Question: Say i would like to join, I'm atheist, I'm interested in learning what you guys think for my own amusement, I will not make any comments for or against your beliefs. What would you say to that?

Everyone is welcome. You wouldn't have to keep your comments to yourself just because you have different belief system. In actuality there are several different belief systems within Christianity itself, so it isn't like everybody is going to have the exact same belief system anyway. It is all about respect and having fun.

BTW, the guild would need more than just paladins too. So if you got something else besides a pally, we'll take that too.

Honorshammer wrote:Best of luck to you. Feel free to come back and update us as you get the guild going.

Yeah, I guess this topic did turn into something a little more than just recruiting. I'm just trying to clarify for some of the players out there what we are, and what we aren't.
j2industries

Postby Arnock » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Just like to reiterate ulu's point, Would be extremely helpful to mention server/raid times etc. didn't even notice it on your website.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Return to Recruitment