Remove Advertisements

The HP gap...

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby pyrotechniq » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:25 pm

Joanadark wrote:
Er, neither are on a PPM system, it's 50% chance on hit.

Seal of Light IS on the PPM system. It sits at around 10-15 PPM.
Note that even a PPM seal receives an increase in procs due to haste and Reckonning.

Judgement of Light is NOT on the PPM system. It grants a flat % chance for every attack to cause a proc. JoL grants between a 40-50% chance to proc.
Flat percent based effects receive a full scaling benefit from increased weapon speed, haste, and Reckonning.

makes sense, i tend to see more JoL procs than SoL when using both at the same time with a fast weapon
pyrotechniq

Postby Joanadark » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:24 am

btw, this is the kind of thing Mysterious Ways is there for.

I'm currently working on a full index with quicklinks to make searching for the relevant section a lot easier.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby jere » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:43 am

Odd, I guess my client is messed up then as I have always gotten better mileage out of SoW and SoL from a faster weapon than a slower weapon.

I used to believe the stuff about it on wowwiki until I actually tested it back in the raid healing days (yes, I healed from melee range whenever possible) prior to TBC.
jere

Postby guillex » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:07 am

jere wrote:Odd, I guess my client is messed up then as I have always gotten better mileage out of SoW and SoL from a faster weapon than a slower weapon.

I used to believe the stuff about it on wowwiki until I actually tested it back in the raid healing days (yes, I healed from melee range whenever possible) prior to TBC.

Hold on ... back the truck up ... *beep beep beep*

WowWiki isn't the be all end all of WoW theorycraft? zomg say it ain't so!

/sarcasm

I'd guess it looks like you're getting more bang for your buck on the faster weapons with SoW/L because of proccing Reckoning ... or changing to a faster weapon. I've gone through fights (before I respecced Holy) where I didn't see it proc at all ... And others where it seemed to be proccing every swing.

Don't believe your eyes ... They're evil and want to take over your soul.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:09 am

jere wrote:Odd, I guess my client is messed up then as I have always gotten better mileage out of SoW and SoL from a faster weapon than a slower weapon.

I have as well. Theoretically, if the PPM is high enough, then more swings would mean more procs because a slower weapon would get capped out at 100% chance.

Figure 15 PPM. A 1.8 speed weapon will get 33 swings in one minute, putting the proc chance at just under 50%. That's a pretty high chance per swing.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:18 am

it is a chance per swing on Judgment of Light/Wisdom, Dual wielders get the most benefit out of it by far.

Just check a combat parse.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby jere » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 am

Guillex wrote:Hold on ... back the truck up ... *beep beep beep*

WowWiki isn't the be all end all of WoW theorycraft? zomg say it ain't so!

/sarcasm

I'd guess it looks like you're getting more bang for your buck on the faster weapons with SoW/L because of proccing Reckoning ... or changing to a faster weapon. I've gone through fights (before I respecced Holy) where I didn't see it proc at all ... And others where it seemed to be proccing every swing.

Don't believe your eyes ... They're evil and want to take over your soul.

I didn't respec back into reckoning until TBC. I dropped it in favor of some more holy talents back then to strengthen my healing while still having some tanking, so it wouldn't have affected that time period.

What I did notice was that when I swapped from my Aurastone Hammer (5 mana per 5 and a 2.7 speed weapon) to my Hand of Edward the Odd ( 0 mana per 5 and 1.6 speed), that my mana regeneration was always better.

Being in a casual guild, I had plenty attempts on bosses to try out both, and I could swap them during combat even to test during the same encounter if I want.

And yes, I tested without JoW up, only SoW
jere

Postby elsydeon » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:16 pm

maybe divine shield not dropping aggro; simple and efficient change that gives us an eject button, but doesn't dump mobs on clothies
to all impatient mages, locks, and hunters: you pull it, you tank it
elsydeon

Postby Myotis » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:35 pm

Following this topic title... I stumbled upon a warrior on my server. His armory VS mine makes me sad...

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... eam&n=Fret
Myotis

Postby Holyfield » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:34 pm

Myotis wrote:Following this topic title... I stumbled upon a warrior on my server. His armory VS mine makes me sad...

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... eam&n=Fret

Just doesn't seem right does it?... Someday, blizzard might address this.. maybe.
Holyfield

Postby Daromire » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:07 pm

heh if warriors only worked half as hard as we did for gearing up. But now days raid buffed i'm still only finding myself 1k hp below our best geared warrior and i would like to think i can make that up in blessings and the amount of threat i can put out.
Daromire
Maintankadonor

Postby Belarkan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:04 am

Maranus wrote:Lower HP balances our consistent crush immunity and our ability to hold agro well on an infinite amount of mobs.

And what balances all the tools a warrior has (shield slam, warcry, command cry and so on) ?
Belarkan

Postby Nich » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Belarkan wrote:
Maranus wrote:Lower HP balances our consistent crush immunity and our ability to hold agro well on an infinite amount of mobs.

And what balances all the tools a warrior has (shield slam, warcry, command cry and so on) ?

He can't heal himself while tanking, obviously ;)
Nich

Postby Myotis » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:51 pm

Nich wrote:
Belarkan wrote:

He can't heal himself while tanking, obviously ;)

Don't you forget Ardent Defender :roll:
Myotis

Postby Girard » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:36 pm

Easiest solution, IMO...

Buff Sacred duty to 8 or 10% +sta instead of 6. It's not a massive difference (assuming 800 sta, that's what, 160-320 more HP than it currently gives?)
Girard

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations