Healing Castbars?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Healing Castbars?

Postby Linus » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:35 pm

I am looking for an addon or some such thing that will let me assign healers to a frame and show me their castbars so I can see what they are casting, how much time left, etc...just like an enemy castbar but something where I don't have to individually target them each time I want to see their heals incoming, something that stays up always and passively gathers the info. I'm tired of popping healthstones, pots, LoH, etc the split second before huge heals come in, also, I'd like to know what kind of heals they are casting for various reasons.

Anyone know something like this?

"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"
Linus

Postby Khelbun » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:10 am

Linus,
What unit frames do you use? I've had a similiar requirement on my 70 priest, I use Pitbull unit frames.

You can set these up to show target frames for members of your group/raid and to also show the group/raid members castbars.

This should give you what you need, plus, in general, pitbull frames are great :) they basically have the same look as Ag unitframes with added funtionality, namely the party target frames.

In a 5 man you could always use pitbull to give you a focus frame and a focus frame target for the main healer.

Khelbun
Khelbun

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:17 am

I've always wanted a mod to do that. One of our priests just has a whisper macro that fills my chat window with

Casting Flash Heal (946-1259hp) in 1.4sec.

...and the like. If the healers and tank had a mod that collected that information on a sub-channel you could probably find some cool graphical way to show how much love you have incoming.

I too have blown many super healing potions when my faith in my healers was weak. :)
Arcand

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:55 am

RDX is amazing.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations