Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

WoW Web Stats Analysis of Prince fight 6/6/07

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:55 am

Well, I just had to upload this when I noticed one thing ^_^ but check this out

http://www.djjensaarai.com/wws-20070606-2032

I was wearing my new Vengeance card...it did

Vengeance (Holy) 2,852 3 %

3% of my damage that fight...actually I realized as I posted this that I confused it and holy vengeance (SoV) :P but still. That's a nice piece of threat for 7min of fighting.

anyway just wanted to show you guys that.

Back to actual work >.>
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:52 am

Yeah, I seem to be in that 2%-3% of my total dmg range with that card too on most fights. Pretty nice all around I'd say.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Saladin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:43 pm

is it affected by RF?
Saladin

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:23 am

Saladin wrote:is it affected by RF?

I've been too lazy to test it, but I've heard it is.
Jensaarai

Postby corc » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:44 am

do you use kings or sanc in that fight? your armoury had sanc last I checked.

Just wondering how much that adds to the fight since I didn't notice it in the list of damage you did. (ive been known to be blind sometimes)

I've always been a little confused by sanc blessing since it reduces damage before armour reduction (so i've been told). I'd love to be able to plop that on a warrior and add a little more justification for not respecing all the time to raid.

Guess I could just count all the blocks my warrior friend does and multiply it by the damage/threat of the blessing proc.
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:49 pm

I use Kings...I actually never use sanctuary unless I'm in a 5-man like SH (which is what I was doing last night, the other pally had kings so I did sanc :D)...only in aoe situations really.

I like my extra HP more than the 80DR...I got 73 Holy Shield blocks that fight, sanc is what, ~48 damage per block, so I'd have gotten about 3500 more damage for about 6657 more threat...eh...in 25-mans if there are three paladins I will probably use it (kings/sanc/light or something) but until then I use Kings.
Jensaarai

Postby corc » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:06 pm

ah ok, so sanc does suck then. ah well.

speaking of SH, do a combat log of that, should be fun (and huge).

do you need an addon to do /combatlog? or can I just do it as is? also is there a thread about how to use it properly?
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:15 pm

I don't dislike Sanctuary, I do like it (I noticed a huge difference between one Heroic SH run with kings/sanc then another I did with kings/light). But given the choice of only one (often times I'm the only paladin) I choose Kings.

Yeah I should do a /combatlog of SH...I'm almost always 1st or 2nd "dps" there, even in heroic, heh.

No, afaik you don't need an addon to do /combatlog...just type /combatlog and it will say "Combat now being logged to WoW\Logs\WoWCombatLog.txt" or something like that...the log file, afaik, is never deleted or cleared, what it does is concatenate to the end of the file and keep growing it (my log the other night was almost 8mb worth of text, heh), so what you have to do is either delete it yourself or select the time you want, copy it out and paste it into a new text file or something.

It's fun, I've been doing it more often...some of the people in my guild aren't that geared up yet and as that log shows, some of them need help (I did 25k less damage than that rogue, but he's new). So I'm using it to prove to them they need to gear up, etc ;)
Jensaarai

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations