Cloak Enchants - Royal Rumble! (Steelweave Enchant)

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Cloak Enchants - Royal Rumble! (Steelweave Enchant)

Postby Vanifae » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:49 am

We have currently Enchant Cloak - Major Armor, Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility, Enchant Cloak - Dodge, and now we have this enchant... Steelweave!.

So Theorycrafting commence.... which shall rule them all!
Last edited by Vanifae on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby ulushnar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:52 am

In terms of uncrusability, Steelweave wins!

Agility offers 0.48% uncrushability, Dodge offers 0.63% uncrush and Steelweave offers a whopping... 0.82%

And EH junkies who have seen their defense fall below acceptable levels can take this over the 15 Def chest enchant.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:54 am

Ulushnar wrote:In terms of uncrusability, Steelweave wins!

Agility offers 0.48% uncrushability, Dodge offers 0.63% uncrush and Steelweave offers a whopping... 0.82%

And EH junkies who have seen their defense fall below acceptable levels can take this over the 15 Def chest enchant.

Or combine the two. For shits n' gigglezorz
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Mortehl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

None.

Situational usage of buffs of course. The defense enchant will help shore up Effective Health and block value gear sets while the dodge enchant will remain the enchant of choice for avoidance gear sets.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Sielanas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

And here I was thinking that Steelweave wasn't worth that much. Guess I'll get it on my next cloak(using Slikk's w/Dodge).
Sielanas

Postby Lore » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

Most EH junkies would probably still prefer the armor :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

I am probably going to go Steelweave myself from now on.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby ulushnar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:58 am

Vanifae wrote:I am probably going to go Steelweave myself from now on.

I have to say, I'm tempted as well especially since I'm gonna be screwed if I ever replace my Scarab of Displacement with the Commendation of Kael'Thas.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:59 am

Lore wrote:

Possibly. I supposed 120 armor > 150 health at the level where avoidance isn't an issue?
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:59 am

Lore wrote:

Lore, hypothetically speaking, why would you want that when the defense enchant would enable you to wear a different gear-set piece with more armor then the armor enchant?
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:00 am

Personally I like my dodge enchant but I can defiantely see replacing it with steelweave depending on what my gear situation looks like in the future. Suffice it to say I am a member of the badge brigade. Defense starvation ftl!
Zhalseran

Postby cordelia » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:02 am

Mortehl wrote:
Lore wrote:

Lore, hypothetically speaking, why would you want that when the defense enchant would enable you to wear a different gear-set piece with more armor then the armor enchant?

In your hypothetical, you wouldn't. But assuming you don't have that different gear piece, then you would want the 120 armor over 12 D.
cordelia

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:12 am

Sounds like a good enchant for my threat cloak from kara, the one with the 40 something holy damage.
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby Dorvan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:45 am

Mortehl wrote:Lore, hypothetically speaking, why would you want that when the defense enchant would enable you to wear a different gear-set piece with more armor then the armor enchant?

Well, that's assuming that you have some EH substitution you'd like to make that would put you below uncrit or uncrush if you didn't have the enchant. At endgame I'm not sure that'd ever be the case.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:35 am

Annabelle wrote:Sounds like a good enchant for my threat cloak from kara, the one with the 40 something holy damage.

I thought something like that as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations