Some numbers on Redoubt and Tank Survival

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Fridmarr » Wed May 02, 2007 1:32 pm

hiro wrote:Can I please get a combatlog from a fight you feel you did a good job on HS?

I have this theory that HS coverage is a lot worse than we suspect due to the cooldown, and I'd love to see the numbers from such an established and experienced pally tank.

I can provide FTP hosting or e-mail access if need be.

On bosses I make an effort to not allow the GCD's to overlap. With the Omni cooldown count addon it's pretty easy. However, it does make me wish that Imp HS increased the duration of HS, as Imp Shield Block does for warriors but keeps the same cooldown, so that they can overlap. Otherwise we always have at least some brief period after HS drops that we are crushable.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby hiro » Thu May 03, 2007 7:20 am

OK - so it looks like 11 seconds is actually a decent approximation then, rarely human error leads to a missed cycle or bad global cooldown, and ALL the rest of the time, it looks like half a second is the minimum time for lag and timing.

Frankly I think warriors have a TRIPLE advantage here atm:

1) They have a second of grace between cooldown and expiration so their lag is covered

2) It's not on the global cooldown for them so they can't mistime anything else.

3) It's on a much shorter cooldown so it is much easier to time and keep in rotations.

If Blizzard is going to keep throwing crushing blows around, I really think they could throw us a bone in that regard, can't possible be unbalancing.
hiro

Postby honorshammer » Thu May 03, 2007 7:56 am

The question I have is does Blizzard understand to the level and extend that this community does.
honorshammer

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations