Remove Advertisements

[2.1 Inquiry] 1H spec v.s. Sanc Aura v.s. AS

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

[2.1 Inquiry] 1H spec v.s. Sanc Aura v.s. AS

Postby Karathos » Wed May 23, 2007 11:08 am

With the changes to 1h spec, and the removal of the 6% healing component for imp sanc aura has anyone looked at the comparative advantages between going for a 'standard tanking build' (like a 49/12) v.s. a build heavier in ret? (Much like Gestalt's build of 0/31/30 or 0/38/23)

I'm presently working with the +Imp JoTC, +5 crit and sanc aura additions. (On a 0/38/23 build that I am planning on pulling the 2 points in imp sanc aura for Imp HS to make it a 0/40/21 build.)

is there substantial advantage for AS with the changes in 2.1 that would make the shift to AS and 1H weapons from +5% crit and sanc aura?

having never run with AS before 2.1 I'm looking for some constructive feedback before dropping the gold on a respec...

With the exception of situational pulls and possible CC the additional threat possibility with Sanc Aura would seem to make it a possibly better choice. (though the +crit might not be the optimal choice to reach 20 points....)
Karathos

Postby Thels » Thu May 24, 2007 7:23 am

Question is if you're still running Sanctity if it doesn't give you the extra healing. It's not Sanctity VS Avenger's. It's Sanctity VS Avenger's + Devotion.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Threnn » Thu May 24, 2007 4:39 pm

How about... Sanctity Vs Avenger's + Ret Aura. Or... Sanctity Vs Avenger's + Imp Ret aura?

I personally went from a mostly Ret build to an Avenger's build and I find it hard to get rid of Avenger's. This was before 2.1, and since they are wiping the minimum range(and removing the "sheathing your shield while casting so no block for you" issue), I think it's going to be even harder to justify not having Avengers.
Threnn

Postby Karathos » Mon May 28, 2007 6:51 am

Threnn wrote:How about... Sanctity Vs Avenger's + Ret Aura. Or... Sanctity Vs Avenger's + Imp Ret aura?

I personally went from a mostly Ret build to an Avenger's build and I find it hard to get rid of Avenger's. This was before 2.1, and since they are wiping the minimum range(and removing the "sheathing your shield while casting so no block for you" issue), I think it's going to be even harder to justify not having Avengers.

I've been tossing it around still myself and we just started doing Heroics (owww ... that is hurty ...) AS (if the stun isn't resisted) might be a better form of CC situationally.

For those of you doing heroics, how does AS hold up as an additional form of CC?
Karathos

Postby Kathryn » Mon May 28, 2007 7:02 am

Karathos wrote:how does AS hold up as an additional form of CC?

It doesn't, because:

1) It's not a stun.
2) It's a snare.
3) Mostly used to get initial threat on targets and more time for your mages to sheep / Locks to seduce / hunters to trap.
Last edited by Kathryn on Mon May 28, 2007 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathryn

Postby Kathryn » Mon May 28, 2007 7:05 am

Threnn wrote:This was before 2.1, and since they are wiping the minimum range(and removing the "sheathing your shield while casting so no block for you" issue), I think it's going to be even harder to justify not having Avengers.

Slow down skippy... they remove the "sheating your shield" while *instant cast* ... You still can't block / parry (thus no crush immune) while casting spells with a cast bar, ie: Heals, AS, etc...

That being said in Heroic you can't be crushed anyway so you can still use it, but you'll get hit doing so and delayed in your casting and etc..
Kathryn

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations