Paladin being guild MT?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:41 pm

jere wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:Jere forgets one fact:

BoK stacks multiplicatively with CE and SD.

106% * 1.1 * 1.1, or almost 130% hp (128.5% or some crap)

Nope, I covered it :), but you are correct. I just wasn't as explicit about it as I needed to be probably.

jere wrote:
2. I can't verify the amount of stamina for BE and Tauren, but I know whatever it is, it is multiplied by CE, SD, and BoK as well. Maybe the numbers you have take that into account somehow, but since you only get whole number stamina values after the multiplication, it needs to be in before the multpliers: BE --> 1.1*1.06*1.1(x + 137) for example, assuming the 137 is the true base, which I don't know.

Ah, you covered...

Isn't 1 and 2 sort of the same material?
Blaen99

Postby jere » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:55 pm

Blaen99 wrote:
Ah, you covered...

There is definitely crossover, but I was trying to make 2 different points:

1. He was leaving BoK entirely, so I was saying he needed to include it due to the type of math going on.

2. I addressed a slightly different flaw for this part in that he was running the multiplications on the "gear/buff" stamina and not on the base stamina as well. He was adding the base in later, which could lead to either wrong answers or some partial roundoff error.

Both dealt with multiplicative related issues, but the first was merely a flag to include BoK, and the second was more of a "make sure to do things the correct way". I am not a very good explainer, so I probably didn't convey that well.
jere

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:57 pm

jere wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
Ah, you covered...

There is definitely crossover, but I was trying to make 2 different points:

1. He was leaving BoK entirely, so I was saying he needed to include it due to the type of math going on.

2. I addressed a slightly different flaw for this part in that he was running the multiplications on the "gear/buff" stamina and not on the base stamina as well. He was adding the base in later, which could lead to either wrong answers or some partial roundoff error.

Both dealt with multiplicative related issues, but the first was merely a flag to include BoK, and the second was more of a "make sure to do things the correct way". I am not a very good explainer, so I probably didn't convey that well.

Ah.

I <3 near-druid levels of stam after multipliers are done myself.
Blaen99

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations