Remove Advertisements

Some number crunching...

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Fridmarr » Thu May 17, 2007 11:28 am

There seem to be certain thresholds at which point a particular stat can become less useful than another stat and it changes as you gear up. As Lore's example shows, having 70% avoidance with only 8K health is not going to work very well and neither is 20k health with only 25% avoidance.

For instance once you have the stam+mitigation to absorb a few hits or a hit+special combo, increasing avoidance to lower overall dmg is likely more valuable at that point than further stam+mitigation increases, point for point. Prior to that though, it's the opposite.

For pallys it's complicated a bit because of the need to push off CBs, and the way we always have to keep that line in mind as we gear up.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu May 17, 2007 12:04 pm

Fridmarr wrote:For pallys it's complicated a bit because of the need to push off CBs, and the way we always have to keep that line in mind as we gear up.

Precisely, that's why I tend to favor mitigation over avoidance in most debates. Of course, many tankadins (myself included) tend to end up with not much of either and instead a whole ton of item value used on block rating. What I most look for in upgrades is primarily getting more stamina, and swapping block rating for dodge rating.
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations