Righteous Fury threat generation bugged - confirmed

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Robbo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:45 am

I noticed yesterday that while the RF spell button its self says '90% threat increase', the buff on my character only says 60%.
:?

Anyone else notice that?

Sorry to jump in in the middle, I can't read too much theory crafty goodness without my brain getting lazor'd, so if this was already addressed, just ignore me.
:P
Robbo
Maintankadonor

Postby Stylaan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:48 am

Robbo wrote:I noticed yesterday that while the RF spell button its self says '90% threat increase', the buff on my character only says 60%.
:?

Anyone else notice that?

Sorry to jump in in the middle, I can't read too much theory crafty goodness without my brain getting lazor'd, so if this was already addressed, just ignore me.
:P

Tooltips have never updated with talents. Imp fortitude, motw, blood pact, commanding shout, jotc, etc.
Stylaan

Postby Robbo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:55 am

Stylaan wrote:Tooltips have never updated with talents. Imp fortitude, motw, blood pact, commanding shout, jotc, etc.

Lame!

Thanks for the info.
:)
Robbo
Maintankadonor

Postby Thundaar » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:16 pm

Although that leads to an interesting question: could it be that during this "double cast" that one effect of RF is not getting the effects of the talents? AKA the reason the TPS seems lower is that when it double casts the 60% base version is getting applied?
Possibly just feeding the fire .... has anyone submitted it as a possible bug?
Thundaar

Postby Myotis » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:14 pm

Nicki wrote:To clarify for Joanadark; Righteous Fury cast at low mana (enough to 'cast' it) caused threat switching 2% earlier to the next on threat list target.

I wonder if the damage reduction from Improved Righteous Fury is also affected.
Last edited by Myotis on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myotis

Postby Nicki » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:34 pm

To clarify for Joanadark; Righteous Fury cast at low mana (enough to 'cast' it) caused threat switching 2% earlier to the next on threat list target.
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby jere » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:43 pm

Since it is 2%, does it have something to do with the gloves enchant? Just tossing up ideas. I don't have any trouble so far with threat, but I don't have that enchant.
jere

Postby Nicki » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:20 pm

nope omen detects enchants in my first post on the EU thread I did include that we tested enchants :p and on my screen shot im wearing my iron gauntlets which are umm iron with a 240 armor enchant.

Edit: http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/joanad ... #post53231

Katamai, do you remember we had some tests in which we struggled to pull aggro at 110%? I do and it was RF casted at high mana :x...
Nicki

Postby Katamai » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:21 pm

Nope because if it was the enchant, we would have gotten same results with both RF casts.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Nicki » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm

lol your still online, read above..
Nicki

Postby Katamai » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:37 am

Nicki wrote:nope omen detects enchants in my first post on the EU thread I did include that we tested enchants :p and on my screen shot im wearing my iron gauntlets which are umm iron with a 240 armor enchant.

Edit: http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/joanad ... #post53231

Katamai, do you remember we had some tests in which we struggled to pull aggro at 110%? I do and it was RF casted at high mana :x...

Yep... the 112% aggro swtiches.

What is worrying me the most is early ones like that time at 68% :/
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:44 am

Thundaar wrote:Although that leads to an interesting question: could it be that during this "double cast" that one effect of RF is not getting the effects of the talents? AKA the reason the TPS seems lower is that when it double casts the 60% base version is getting applied?
Possibly just feeding the fire .... has anyone submitted it as a possible bug?

Was talking about it with one of my tankadin friends during ZA last night, this seems like a fairly logical explanation. He actually had RF on him twice somehow last night, not sure how that happened.

The mana cost bug is supposedly fixed in 2.3.2, I'd imagine if that bug is having extra side effects those would be fixed along with it. It's worth putting in a bug report though just so they know to test for it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Faylinn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:26 am

I was looking at this last night, and also noticed an all thing with all the tool tips. normaly the "buff" doesn't show the tallents, so appears slightly lower, same with the spell book.

Last night I noticed that the tallent tree was showing 50%, the spell book was showing 60%, and the buff was showing 90%
Something is definatly messed up...
Bouncelot 60 Human Paladin - StormScale
Faylinn

Postby Stylaan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:43 am

It's those damned ret tanks I swear. Screwing us yet again >_>
Stylaan

Postby Nerra » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:55 am

this what I think the best test results would come from. this would be on the invulnerable mob in the blasted lands.

tps over amount of time with RF double cast (as in you cast it once and it bugs to do a double cast) at full mana

tps over amount of time with RF single cast at low mana

tps over amount of time with RF double cast AND salv on (because it should negate the effect of salv and register as a normal RF)

tps over amount of time with RF single cast (low mana) and salv on.

compare, then rinse/repeat

I'd do it myself... but I don't have the time right now
Nerra

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations