Righteous Fury threat generation bugged - confirmed

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby guillex » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:33 pm

Actually ... isn't that the same email that they send about every issue that's brought up with an offline ticket?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Aalryn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:46 pm

Guillex wrote:Actually ... isn't that the same email that they send about every issue that's brought up with an offline ticket?

you get one of two standard emails. The first is the "your on crack or at least the only one with this problem" delete your interface and wtf folders. Or you get this one which is the "yes there is a problem and were trying to figure it out"
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Katamai » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:02 pm

I can't stress this enough - guys, PLEASE post about this on officials forums.

It doesn't have to be the thread i started but i really think this is an issue that should not be overlooked.

Again, link to the thread:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 2822&sid=1
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby jere » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:30 pm

Preferably, you should post a thread in the bug forums if one does not exist there already...on both the US and Euro forums.
jere

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:02 pm

I haven't read this whole thread as it is rather large, but I keep seeing people say that their threat was lower than it should be, that they used to get X threat and now only get Y threat etc. The problem with that logic is that if RF is bugged, Omen or KTM wouldn't know about it. Both of those meters will show you an unbugged amount of threat. All they do is read the combat log and calculate the threat based off of the known forumulas, they don't actually know what your threat is, so if you are seeing a lower amount of threat than you believe you should be seeing, it would more likely be an issue with the spells/coefficients than it would be with RF.

The only way you'd know otherwise, is if a threat meter was showing you with a threat lead, and you lost aggro for no apparent reason. I know some folks have mentioned situations like those in this thread and they sound like there could be a problem. Personally, I haven't been having aggro issues since the patch, and I know plenty of folks I raid/party with like to raid the threat aggro line, but I've been making sure to cast RF with plenty of mana just in case.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Katamai » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:08 pm

Fridmarr wrote:The only way you'd know otherwise, is if a threat meter was showing you with a threat lead, and you lost aggro for no apparent reason. I know some folks have mentioned situations like those in this thread and they sound like there could be a problem. Personally, I haven't been having aggro issues since the patch, and I know plenty of folks I raid/party with like to raid the threat aggro line, but I've been making sure to cast RF with plenty of mana just in case.

That is the core of my issues with threat after the patch.

I am losing aggro on mobs in situations i never even though possible (10 undead, i have AW up, HW, Consecration, HS before anyone does anything and i still lose mobs to random people, including healers who DO NOT pre-healer me).
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:38 pm

I did not really want to believe it until yesterday i lost aggro on Supremus... to a healer.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nicki » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:44 pm

I lost aggro to vazruden/nazan (the orc) in ramparts heroic, id post on official but my game time is 'up'..:p
I hit with JoR and shield, ofc blocked a few had RF up and i lost it to the rogue who 'never gets aggro' and I have might on him all the time cos hes good with his aggro control.... Tried taunting but that only made it worse then losing it to the warlock, with that said the dragon was glued to me...somethings up, I don't loose aggro like this..
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Magnusharkov » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:53 pm

Consecration is currently 100% bugged on prince, in four attempts on him tonight I couldnt get a single tick of damage. I dont know whether this could be linked to the problems you guys are seeing.
Magnusharkov

Postby Uthadanin » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:37 am

Another thing I noticed earlier.

Righteous fury in my spell book and hotbar lists the holy damage buff as 90%, on the buff bar it lists it as 60% and in the talent tree it lists the buff as 50%... kind of confusing but I am working on a way to measure the buff (my idea is using ret aura as my damage to be measured as it hits the most consistently, but does the damage from ret count towards threat?)
Uthadanin

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:04 am

The 50% in the talent means in addition so its effect. 50% of 60% is 30%, 60+30 = 90%

Tooltip on active buffs have never been updated, it will always say "60%" regardless of the talent.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Omatre » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:52 am

Another one for the books, and I'm not saying it makes sense, I know that some mobs do this.

But 4th boss in ZA, the one with the eggs.

Rotating sides, I had a hunter with me to pop the egg breaking dude. The birds come out, I consecrate, they go right through it, nothing, like it doesn't even phase them.

So I have the hunter lay a frost trap, that seemed to help. With 400 spell dmg, spell dmg food and wizard oil (giving me about 450-470 total) a POS trash mob should never walk by me like I'm not even there. Even whacking them with sword doesn't seem to do squat. They just keep going.

Is this intended like this? Or am I just puffing too hard on the WoW Crack?

At this point, I've hung up the pally tanking boots till something somewhere corrects itself.
Omatre

Postby Nicki » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:56 am

Omatre wrote:Another one for the books, and I'm not saying it makes sense, I know that some mobs do this.

Rotating sides, I had a hunter with me to pop the egg breaking dude. The birds come out, I consecrate, they go right through it, nothing, like it doesn't even phase them.

So I have the hunter lay a frost trap, that seemed to help. With 400 spell dmg, spell dmg food and wizard oil (giving me about 450-470 total) a POS trash mob should never walk by me like I'm not even there. Even whacking them with sword doesn't seem to do squat. They just keep going.

At this point, I've hung up the pally tanking boots till something somewhere corrects itself.

I had the same problem on this boss, consecration ticks, birdy ignores me even after judgement of righteousness it ignores me but its only the first one which is odd! so i taunt it =\...annoying as hell..
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby jere » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:56 am

Omatre wrote:Another one for the books, and I'm not saying it makes sense, I know that some mobs do this.

It depends on where you lay your consecrate. Apparently if you lay it on the bridge (or too close to the bridge), it doesn't seem to phase them. I haven't tested this, but have read it a few times, so it might be what you are seeing.
jere

Postby Oriax » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:21 am

Just to add my own small experience of this threat-issue, regardless if it's RF or whatever causing it.

The non-elites that spawn on Solarian, everytime they just ran right through/past my Consecration in front of our raid, totally disregarding me. Perhaps could be explained if Consecrate ticks every second and they run through it faster than the first tick I guess.

Last night I tanked Olm in Gruul's Lair with another warr. He had a few sec start-time on me due to being closer but after that I couldn't get aggro at all(!?) Taunting barely made Olm turn towards me, at most for perhaps 1 sec before he got on the warr again.
My Consecrations/Judgements didn't seem to do anything. AS - equally worthless. Even with all combined, Olm in Consecration, me taunting then popping wings, AS and JoR was utterly useless and I could see my Omen hardly moving me upwards?! With wings I'm more used to skyrocket if I'm close to the top, but not here.

Dunno, even if I'm not experienced at tanking at all, some occasions it's just a big "wtf?!", and even more so when I see that RF is on. Meaning I have no clue at all what the issue could be/is ?
Last edited by Oriax on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oriax

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations