SimCraft for tanks

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: SimCraft for tanks

Postby Schroom » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 am

pvita wrote: By strange result I mean Mastery is being more valuable as Haste...

[...] Or is this idea misinterpreting the simulation totally and I pull out wrong conclusion from simulation artefact?

misinterpretation.

hwo much ahste do you have? sim craft adds a 1000 value of each stat if this pushes you below the cap, Haste loses value, so in order to get the correct statweight you have to amke sure simc never puts you above 50%.

also proccs have to be added here, if you have Windsong on your weapon in example, or a trinket that proccs haste, this has to eb takein into account as well.

there is a discussion somewhere here where Theck explains this and tells you how to create a Shirt that substracts haste form your character to "fix" the problem.

note that this only gives yous tatweights but the rest of your results will be incorrect for your character.
Schroom

Postby pvita » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:28 am

Schroom wrote:hwo much ahste do you have? sim craft adds a 1000 value of each stat if this pushes you below the cap, Haste loses value, so in order to get the correct statweight you have to amke sure simc never puts you above 50%...

Thanks for hints Schroom. Though I am not sure this is exactly my case with Haste bellow 32%. I do not have any Haste proccing stuff on me.

I use CLI interface to SimulationCraft, so I will simply set that haste delta negative and check what happens. I will provide my script and resulting report, should it look strange again.

PS: Setting boss to hit harder did not help, I healed more as well. :?
pvita

Postby theckhd » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:37 am

Yeah, the real problem here is Vengeance. The harder-hitting bosses give you more Vengeance, and SoI/EF scale so well with AP that above a certain boss level you just end up out-healing the boss indefinitely.

The reason this is a problem is that while spikes still occur, they're a lot more random. In addition, your max health ends up capping the healing amount very frequently, which starts warping the results somewhat. I'm considering a number of solutions to this, including /cancelaura-ing Vengeance every 20 seconds to keep the overall Vengeance amount smaller (essentially simulating tank swaps) or adding a damage source that doesn't grant Vengeance (maybe 30% of the boss' attack doesn't grant Vengeance?).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby pvita » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 am

I eventually rooted the problem. I used for protection scaling my older retribution simc-script with center_scale_delta=1. When going just forward with center_scale_delta=0 all stat weights were as expected. I did not bother to check what would happen, if I requested delta on Haste going backwards like in the case of Hit/Expertise.
pvita

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations