Remove Advertisements

Proposed Vengeance change / Stam as a Threat Stat

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Proposed Vengeance change / Stam as a Threat Stat

Postby Suzytincan » Sat May 25, 2013 10:51 am

So there was a vengeance change posited on GC's twitter account. It isn't for this patch, and I don't know that it would go live in its current form (please, I'm not trying to start a "the sky is falling" thread here)... I'm kinda interested from a more academic perspective, I think. Here's the post I'm referring to:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status ... 1105376256

I'm wondering what something like this would do to stat ratings from a dps perspective. I can see two arguments, but I don't know that my skill in math could get me close to an answer.

1) If vengeance dwarfs all other effects when it comes to tank dps, and since this change limits how much vengeance a person can receive, then I could see where stamina could become the stat to stack for dps... raises the cap for your vengeance.

2) On the other hand, a tank would only receive 30/50% of the benefit of the current stam -> vengeance conversion compared to live, so maybe that makes it worse than the other stats from a dps perspective.

I highly doubt something so far off (and therefore so likely to change) is worth any sort of simulations, but if anyone thought the question was interesting and wanted to do some napkin math, I'd love to hear how something like this would most likely shake out.

Thanks!
Suzytincan

Re: Proposed Vengeance change / Stam as a Threat Stat

Postby Zyreal » Sun May 26, 2013 6:44 am

As far as I can tell, it's 50% of health for 25 mans, that would cap most tanks at around 300-400k vengeance. Which wouldn't really matter in boss fights.
Zyreal

Re: Proposed Vengeance change / Stam as a Threat Stat

Postby Fenrìr » Sun May 26, 2013 7:12 am

As it's been stated before, you really never see these numbers for vengeance unless you're going out of your way to take increased damage to boost your vengeance up. Sure, there are fights that, when solo tanked, you will see higher vengeance numbers (IE: Ra'den), but even then, there's not many fights that this will happen on.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations