Remove Advertisements

CTC Spreadsheet for Paladins

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

CTC Spreadsheet for Paladins

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:29 pm

I have been messing around in Excel with estimated values for CTC increases with various buffs for a while. Tonight I thought I would take the plunge and try to do it properly, taking the actual diminishing return values into account. The result is the following spreadsheet.

All the user needs to use is the front page, enter the unbuffed amounts dodge rating, parry rating and mastery ratings and the unbuffed strength amount. Then you can choose whether to use a 225 mastery elixir, 90 mastery food, 90 dodge food, blessing of kings and Horn of Winter/Battle shout/Strength of Earth totem. Finally select the character's race.

The spreadsheet will spit out a CTC amount, with a nice, reassuring green "yes" if full CTC has been reached. It will tell you how much excess % avoidance/block you have and how much mastery rating you need to get rid of to land exactly on 102.40%. If you are under the CTC cap, these values will be negative. If anybody has any ideas on how to make this bit less confusing ("I need negative 90 mastery rating for cap?") I would be grateful if you could tell me them :)

I tried to upload the file as an attachment, but neither xlsx nor xls were allowed. You can therefore find the spreadsheet at googledocs, here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8gmkV ... VlZDBiYTZi

You can save a copy of the original to check it out, the google documents version looks rather "wonky". (File - Download Original)

If that link does not work, I can email you a copy instead.

If you guys could take the time to check it out, make sure there are no major rounding errors (there aren't as far as I know) I would be very much obliged. This site has been very useful to me in the past, so I hope this counts as a kind of recompense :)

04:44 am: uploaded new version that now has a working "green/red yes/no" display
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Re: CTC Spreadsheet for Paladins

Postby Luuni » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 am

Looks nice, I'm using Rhidach's CTC Stat Calculator 1.3.5 it has similar layout and comes with an item upgrade check as well.
Luuni

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations